Javeajag, The Cup And Others

ian_mac

Show yourselves...

In fact, don't.

Don't dare celebrate the win tonight. Don't dare celebrate the achievements of this team over the last 2 seasons.

You have absolutely no right.

The rest of us can enjoy tonight safe in the knowledge that we backed the team through thick and thin, and were intelligent enough to realise what the manager and the team were trying to do - survive by playing good football.

You chose to snipe, criticise, single out and call for the head of a club legend. The split avatar with Campbell and Archie was the real low point - no wonder The Cup doesn't post under his real name.

Reasonable criticism is acceptable but what you guys did went beyond that.

You are not supporters, and you do not deserve to watch this team. Your glee and triumphalism after every defeat is not the action of supporters.

Everyone would be better off if you chose to take your money elsewhere.

When thinking of you all tonight, it's the same satisfaction as I felt last season when dealing with Morton trolls who polluted this site for so long. I hope you suffer the same fate as them and f*ck off for good.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 6

Show yourselves...

In fact, don't.

Don't dare celebrate the win tonight. Don't dare celebrate the achievements of this team over the last 2 seasons.

You have absolutely no right.

The rest of us can enjoy tonight safe in the knowledge that we backed the team through thick and thin, and were intelligent enough to realise what the manager and the team were trying to do - survive by playing good football.

You chose to snipe, criticise, single out and call for the head of a club legend. The split avatar with Campbell and Archie was the real low point - no wonder The Cup doesn't post under his real name.

Reasonable criticism is acceptable but what you guys did went beyond that.

You are not supporters, and you do not deserve to watch this team. Your glee and triumphalism after every defeat is not the action of supporters.

Everyone would be better off you chose to take your money elsewhere.

When thinking of you all tonight, it's the same satisfaction as I felt last season when dealing with Morton trolls who polluted this site for so long. I hope you suffer the same fate as them and f*ck off for good.

Javeajag, Proudjag, Barney Rubble, The Cup, Trotter..... GET IT RIGHT UP YOUS.

Remember Thistlenowthistleforever? He was a bit trolly.

You know what, I reckon all Jags fans should be able to celebrate tonight. At the end of the day we all want the same thing, and just have different ways of expressing it. I'm all for an amnesty. Just come on and admit you were sooooooooooooo wrong.

C'mon Ian... Really this is not the time for this kind of pish...

Rubbish! These so called supporters have been starting and contributing to the most ridiculous threads since the 5-1 defeat against Motherwell. It's a forum and people are entitled to their opinions, but this lot only posted after a defeat or if we lost a lead in the last 5 minutes. No credit was ever given when we won a match or indeed grabbed a point or points in the last 5 minutes of games. I didn't get home until 12.30 last night and was too exhausted to even come on here, but I wonder how many of the actual culprits have posted? The 2nd half last night saw us play some of the best football, under pressure pot conditions, I have seen our great club play in all the years I have followed them. We absolutely destroyed them in the last 45 minutes. 7th in the table with one game to go....do the usual culprits still want the manager sacked or will they come on here and admit they got it SO wrong!!

Exactly the kind of p*sh & crass comments I'd expect from the opening poster. He thinks he is something on this board.

I'll say again- forum, discussion of different opinions.

We stayed up. I'm delighted, got the sore head to prove it. Playing top flight football next season was what we all wanted (well most of us. Peagreenboy & some others would've been happy playing in the 3rd division so long as we have the current manager playing football). For 45 minutes I had my doubts that it would be last night. Defensively again we were a shambles but that would be the players fault not the manager's!!!

The hard work starts now. We can't repeat the mistakes of last Summer's transfer window leaving us short defensively & up front. If he can get the players in then with the young boy's being a year older/more experienced then we should be looking towards top 6 (not saying it's a target, saying we should be looking up).

St Mirren & Killie will probably be worse off than us next year- assuming Killie survive- & The Highland teams once Butcher plunders Inverness (whatever league Hibs are in) & the mercenaries of County go back to their parent clubs.

IMO we were better than these teams this season & that was (still is) the main reasoning I think the manager is out his depth.

As I said in the first 'Archie must Go' thread, I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong. One result hasn't changed my view, & always knew he'd be in charge next year but he has to learn quicker than he has this season.

I think the 'captain, leader, manager, legend' banner from a few weeks back was the type of sh*t you'd expect from old firm fans.

Football is a business now more than it's ever been, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Results don't go the way they should have then the manager deserves to be under pressure whether you've been there a week, a year, or forever.

Doesn't matter whether you're Davie McParland, Bertie Auld, John Lambie or Alan Archibald.

At one point, when things not going as well as the fans expect, they have been under pressure. If they continued to fail to deliver then they'd have been out on their ear like Lamont, Rooney, Clark, Campbell etc.

The modern game now analysed more than ever & no longer a case of putting a team on the park & telling your players to enjoy it.

If this time next year, Archibald has ironed out the mistakes that have haunted us all season & achieved the same feat as this, as I said before, then I'll be the first on here to congratulate him.

We've an interesting SPFL Summer ahead. :)

I'm off to nurse a hangover.

Exactly the kind of p*sh & crass comments I'd expect from the opening poster. He thinks he is something on this board.

We stayed up. I'm delighted, got the sore head to prove it. Playing top flight football next season was what we all wanted (well most of us. Peagreenboy & some others would've been happy playing in the 3rd division so long as we have the current manager playing football). For 45 minutes I had my doubts that it would be last night. Defensively again we were a shambles but that would be the players fault not the manager's!!!

The hard work starts now. We can't repeat the mistakes of last Summer's transfer window leaving us short defensively & up front. If he can get the players in then with the young boy's being a year older/more experienced then we should be looking towards top 6 (not saying it's a target, saying we should be looking up).

St Mirren & Killie will probably be worse off than us next year- assuming Killie survive- & The Highland teams once Butcher plunders Inverness (whatever league Hibs are in) & the mercenaries of County go back to their parent clubs.

IMO we were better than these teams this season & that was (still is) the main reasoning I think the manager is out his depth.

As I said in the first 'Archie must Go' thread, I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong. One result hasn't changed my view, & always knew he'd be in charge next year but he has to learn quicker than he has this season.

I think the 'captain, leader, manager, legend' banner from a few weeks back was the type of sh*t you'd expect from old firm fans.

Football is a business now more than it's ever been, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Results don't go the way they should have then the manager deserves to be under pressure whether you've been there a week, a year, or forever.

Doesn't matter whether you're Davie McParland, Bertie Auld, John Lambie or Alan Archibald.

At one point, when things not going as well as the fans expect, they have been under pressure. If they continued to fail to deliver then they'd have been out on their ear like Lamont, Rooney, Clark, Campbell etc.

The modern game now analysed more than ever & no longer a case of putting a team on the park & telling your players to enjoy it.

If this time next year, Archibald has ironed out the mistakes that have haunted us all season & achieved the same feat as this, as I said before, then I'll be the first on here to congratulate him.

^^^^^^^^^^

Seething. The club could have one of its highest finishes ever and he still can't bring himself to admit he was wrong. We know why your heid is nipping this morning and it's nothing to do with drink......haha! Maybe you can tell us why you were so quick to post your usual criticisms about Archie when we went 2-1 down last night and were never spotted again on the thread....

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

So in summary, all that we have acheived in winning last year's championship and staying up with a game to go, possibly finishing as high as 7th, has been done in spite of our present manager. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with this IMO

Let's celebrate and kick each other later

The opening post here is disgraceful

It must really stick in your craw that Archie has kept us up. Not even a congratulations, or well done forthcoming.

Smacks of bitterness.

Clearly you can't read ....

Why on earth would a jags fans not be celebrating I'm sorry but I am I just don't agree with you

So to be clear...well done to Archie, the players and everyone at the club great achievement I'll be there on Saturday happy

Posted Today, 06:33 AM

"Exactly the kind of p*sh & crass comments I'd expect from the opening poster. He thinks he is something on this board."

Ian is something on this board and at the club - he is an all round good guy and a true supporter. He has spent his own time and money organising buses to important games, at cost price to fans (cheaper if your a kid) and he is a hero to my son after the brilliant day at Falkirk last year when we won the league.

Ian was also big enough to offer all of the usual suspects on the Archie Must Go thread free travel on the Kilmarnock bus recently, let's all get behind the team and support them he said, and not one of you cretins even acknowledged or thanked him. You ignored his kind offer and spent more time trying to make him look stupid by misquoting his comments.

Ian, you are a legend sir, as is Archie. You deserve a lot of credit for the effort you make to support the club and you don't need me to tell you to ignore the brave keyboard warrior chumps who have the audacity to criticise you after weeks of typing negative anti-Archie guff on here.

Clearly you can't read ....

Why on earth would a jags fans not be celebrating I'm sorry but I am I just don't agree with you

So to be clear...well done to Archie, the players and everyone at the club great achievement I'll be there on Saturday happy

Where in your post did you say, well done, or congratulations, in any form. Clearly you have comprehension issues of the actual contents of your posts.

"Whatever ... at the first sign of trouble next season (maybe even if we lose a friendly) I'll be back on to complain and moan"

Enjoy your Summer - I'm sure you'll be expecting rain every single day!

Eh I'll be in Spain so unlikely !

As I said in the first 'Archie must Go' thread, I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong. One result hasn't changed my view,

How about the last 37 games then, those which have secured our premier league status...? I very rarely post but I am moved to post to the rubbish above. I respect your opinion but really there is no pleasing some folk. Has Archie made mistakes, sure. Probably every manager in the league has. Will he learn from them, sure. Will the players, sure. But this was Archie's first full season in management, with possibly the lowest budget in the league and HE DELIVERED. By all means criticise but FFS get a sense of balance. It's like some of you just cant wait to start the 2014-15 thread of get him out.

I've been going to Firhill since 1969, so I've seen one or two really good teams and several bad ones. A few good managers and several duds. With 45 years experience I can honestly say that Archie's team, this season and last season, is up there with the best I have seen. To achieve premier league survival playing football the way it should be played, by a rookie manager, with a relatively small budget, is a remarkable achievement. Particularly so with the marvellous Osborne out for most of the season, and the excellent Welsh too. His January signings were excellent, Taylor, Mair, Erskine and Fraser clearly improved the team. HIS ACHIEVEMENT THIS SEASON IS OUTSTANDING AS HE NEVER COMPROMISED ON PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY IT SHOULD BE PLAYED.

Yes, all managers eventually get bumped. But he deserves nothing but praise for his success and he will be long remembered for not just taking the helm at a challenging time, but IMPROVING the team (making us win away from home) to win the first division and secure our place in the top league. Who knows, he could be so good he could make us an established top league team like ICT or St, Johnstone.

• Like 5

C'mon Ian... Really this is not the time for this kind of pish...

Why not? There are people here who told us at one stage that they had already backed us at the bookies to go down, and even some who had backed us not to win another game this season.

The ones who consistently called for Archie's head should be held to account for their actions - if only to make them realise how short sighted they are. That kind of negativity is contagious, the same way that positivity is contagious in a good way. It's not the kind of support I want us to be, it's not the kind of club I want to support. Norwich supporters called for the head of a good man, and look where it got them. Had our board been as short sighted as some on here, had the negativity got the better of more people than it did, we could be sitting in 11th place worrying about the playoffs.

I won't apologise for the opening post and I know there are plenty of others who feel the way I do.

I certainly don't "think I am something" but I certainly think more of myself than I do of those idiots (yes, they are now proven idiots) who can't see 2 feet in front of them.

This is exactly the time for this pish, as we've had to suffer, after every bad result for at least the past six months, the usual suspects coming on here to clog up the forum with their same cut-and-paste shite, making everyone feel worse than normal. It's time o revel in the sun, because like woodlice, they'll come scuttling back out as soon as they can.