Javeajag, The Cup And Others

ian_mac

i'm not going to have a go at anyone, although I confess to being somewhat confused why anyone spends virtually the entire season decrying the side they profess to support. However, if we are all honest for most of us there must have been times that we questioned the management of our side. I know I did, on Wednesday night at half-time and was proved absolutely and completely wrong and I'm happy to admit it publicly.

Furthermore, I also have to say that I have never wavered in my defence of the teams style of play this season, even if I have been critical of our defending for most of the season. IMO, that's what supporting your team is all about its neither blind faith, nor abject disgust. It would be a fantastic achievement for us to finish seventh this year, although

i'm not going to have a go at anyone, although I confess to being somewhat confused why anyone spends virtually the entire season decrying the side they profess to support. However, if we are all honest for most of us there must have been times that we questioned the management of our side. I know I did, on Wednesday night at half-time and was proved absolutely and completely wrong and I'm happy to admit it publicly.

Furthermore, I also have to say that I have never wavered in my defence of the teams style of play this season, even if I have been critical of our defending for most of the season. IMO, that's what supporting your team is all about its neither blind faith, nor abject disgust. It would be a fantastic achievement for us to finish seventh this year, although

That's the difference. If they had come on here and admitted they got it wrong, everyone could just have moved on, but no, one in particular upped the ante during the game on Wednesday. My take on the Archie saga has always been to give him full support but if we had been relegated, his position should have been looked at, like most managers involved in relegation. I have no doubt the board would have stuck by him anyway. The time has come for me to ignore the trolls, because that is just what they are. No great loss, there's only 4 or 5 of them anyway. Wasted enough time on guys who are clearly not happy unless we win the league, or get into Europe.

Edited by Lindau

Incidently, I note that you often ridicule people like me, who put style of play paramount, and can therefore accept some defensive lapses, however painful provided we're playing good football. To this, I point out that Hibs' defensive record is by far the best in the bottom 6, comparable with the Arabs' and much better than Motherwell's. I for one, am not envious.

To say I ridicule people like you who put style of play is wrong.

If you, as many others obviously are, are happy going back down the leagues so long as we're playing football then you are entitled to your opinion.

I am entitled to mine also.

There in lies the problem. Many on this board don't like when someone has a different opinion. Kinda defeats the purpose of a forum.

For what it's worth though, I want to see us playing football the way we have. It can work, it pains me to say it but McNamara has proved that at DU.

When it comes to this end of the season though, the first priority had to be survival. I don't want us to see the Chelsea park the bus tactics but we had to be stronger defensively.

Now those that argue that it's ok to be relegated so long as we're playing football, a question, do you think we'd be able to attract the type of player to play football in those leagues?

The previous manager put a lot of time & effort into the way we play football. The current manager has attempted to carry it on but in a higher league. We've noticed the gulf in class this year between prem. & 1st div football. The main thing being the defending.

There was a lot of hard work went into getting the club into the position we got ourselves into this season. Because I said I didn't want us to go down & questioned the manager's tactics I get replies like yours Duke.

If folk want a return to places like Forfar & Brechin along with 3 figure crowds & would be happy so long as playing football, then that's your prerogative. Unfortunately, I don't as doubt our club would survive that again.

Many of those on this board have also questioned the manager's subs on more than one occasion. Because I questioned the fact he wasn't learning from his/teams mistakes you get certain @rseholes on this board abusing you.

I'm a big boy, I can take it & I'm not going away.

Yeah I've stooped to the childish level of others at times but I truthfully don't remember starting it.

The only thing I've said is that I felt the manager/coaching staff out their depth.

As far back as turn of year possibly I posted something along the lines of him needing help, whether that be on the coaching side or help with the scouting, I can't remember but I stand by that fact.

I've never criticised Craigen or O'Donnell or whoever that others have done.

I've expressed an opinion, I've explained my opinion, I feel as though I've said all along I'll be first to put my hand up & say I was wrong but still the abuse comes.

Think a lot of Thistle 'fans' on this board should be taking a long, hard look at how they've behaved towards others.

I had a look last night when I got in from work at previous posts from some of the main 'culprits' on this thread & there are some 'interesting' posts from some as regards opinions they had which proved to be wrong.

Could be very childish & post them but I'll refrain from at the moment & see what happens.

That's the problem with the internet, you always leave the evidence behind. :)

In the meantime, it'll be an interesting Summer. Hopefully we will be able to kick on & I'll be proved wrong. As I said, I'd be delighted to be.

Just cut the captain, leader,manager, legend crass- for now.

There in lies the problem. Many on this board don't like when someone has a different opinion. Kinda defeats the purpose of a forum.

I have no problem when people have another opinion and back it in reasoned fashion, some here have taken great delight when we have been beaten this season and can't wait to post, yet when we have a good result or performance are no where to be seen

The comparison of Archie with the bunnet (With half face of each as an avatar), and stating Archie is solely responsible for a defeat whilst stating the players are solely responsible for a win are prime examples, some folk have agenda's against Archie for what ever reason and cannot accept what he has done in such a short time.

Archie is nowhere near the complete manager, but 15 months into this career he's making great leaps towards being there, he's learning he's adapting BUT he is still trying to play football in a good style, we have went from 14th in Scotland to 7th in Scotland, that's an achievement in its own before you put into the equation playing at a higher level.

I personally slated the board at the start of the season over the shambles that took place, but have held my hands up and praised them as they learnt from it and improved, and praised where they have got it right.

We have improved as a team and where Archie has got it right and the team has performed and got 3 points certain posters disappear only to re-appear when it goes wrong again, that's not balanced or constructive, its reveling in failure thats what is wrong with several people on here

• Like 2

I have no problem when people have another opinion and back it in reasoned fashion, some here have taken great delight when we have been beaten this season and can't wait to post, yet when we have a good result or performance are no where to be seen

certain posters disappear only to re-appear when it goes wrong again, that's not balanced or constructive, its reveling in failure thats what is wrong with several people on here

Several people also revel in being abusive to others also.

Doesn't make them right either.

I've already stated my feelings about the OP of this thread due to comments he previously made but didn't see many condemn them when they were asked outright if they thought it was right.

There are faults on both sides. I'd like to think on the whole I've been constructive as to why & backed up why I have opinions.

Unfortunately there are a number on this board who still revel in the abuse.

I have stooped to their level with certain things but have come to the conclusion that they themselves are trolls of the opposite opinion.

All very well singling out certain folk as the OP has. Should we all stoop to the same when they are being abusive to other posters?

Playground stuff right enough.

The comparison of Archie with the bunnet (With half face of each as an avatar), and stating Archie is solely responsible for a defeat whilst stating the players are solely responsible for a win are prime examples, some folk have agenda's against Archie for what ever reason and cannot accept what he has done in such a short time.

Archie is nowhere near the complete manager, but 15 months into this career he's making great leaps towards being there, he's learning he's adapting BUT he is still trying to play football in a good style, we have went from 14th in Scotland to 7th in Scotland, that's an achievement in its own before you put into the equation playing at a higher level.

I personally slated the board at the start of the season over the shambles that took place, but have held my hands up and praised them as they learnt from it and improved, and praised where they have got it right.

We have improved as a team and where Archie has got it right and the team has performed and got 3 points certain posters disappear only to re-appear when it goes wrong again, that's not balanced or constructive, its reveling in failure thats what is wrong with several people on here

It might actually be the opposite of delight ... I'm astounded people actually think anyone here is happy that we lose it's complete unhappiness !! There are no rules that say anyone has to post in a particular way!

I have never and will never talk about DC.

I got criticised on the next season thread for suggesting we need to improve that I was being negative ?! Like everyone's negative by that definition!!

Re : O.P.

A well deserved ball-awk-ing for the keech stirrers, doom merchants, delusional defeatists, walter mitty types, chain crankers and general toss-pots who couldn't, and maybe still don't, see Archie, Shaggy and their team could survive this season and have the potential to take this club on to even better.

• Archie - Inherits the squad on the last day of the transfer window and takes them on an 18 match unbeaten run to the championship.
  • With less than 6 months mannagerial experience he prepares for life in the top league in the land with reputedly the lowest budget (Hearts asides)
  • Over the last 10, we've lost the least amount of games out of the bottom 6 battlers.
  • We've had 14 draws this year, only failling to take points from celtic and Motherwell (the possible top 2). Both of whom we showed we could play a bit!
  • Survival was the goal. It's been achieved with an emphatic win over the "in form" team amongst our rivals.
  • Even if we'd had to go to the last game with County, and lost, Archie would have managed to keep us in the fight till the bitter end.... It would have been an admirable achievement.

I could go on but i'm probably repeating what others have already posted.

Captain Leader Manager Legend

... A f*ckin inspiration!!!

:fan:

... All that said, please remember, it's good that people can post annonymously on here. Encourages honesty, which of course carries the price of ar5e.hole-ery. You just don't know who's behind the words you read here. Could be young, too young, old, middle aged and out of sync, supporters of other teams, general wind uppers, journalists, yer maw, yer da, heroes, friends or enemies. Whatever they may be, let them speak freely here. Ignore it if you don't like it or argue back, but don't take it too personally.

There is no qualification, exam, or certificate to be a Jags fan. But whenever you tell someone, who didn't know, that you are a Thistle fan, the perception and reputation of the club grows a little based on how you represent it.

Spread the word. It's not always easy, not always the best fun, but I've always felt... IT'S F*CKIN GREAT TO BE A JAGS FAN!!!! ... FOREVER AND EVER...

:fan:

... Know?

I love the term "ar5e.hole-ery" and I can't wait to use it myself.

Enoughs enough guys. We should all be Jags fans on here delighted that Archie and the team have another season to develop into a permanent fixture in the SPFL Lets look forward and stop all this stupid nonsense and name calling.

I've already stated my feelings about the OP of this thread due to comments he previously made but didn't see many condemn them when they were asked outright if they thought it was right.

You seem to think that because you are offended by something it automatically makes it offensive. If that particular post offended you then all I can suggest is that you maybe grow a thicker skin. It wasn't even directed at you.

I certainly won't be apologising.

You seem to be using this whole "ian_mac has offended me" thing as a bit of a diversionary tactic, not surprising really.

Enoughs enough guys. We should all be Jags fans on here delighted that Archie and the team have another season to develop into a permanent fixture in the SPFL Lets look forward and stop all this stupid nonsense and name calling.

The OP probably regrets this thread. It was in bad taste.

I reckon his keyboard was overflowing with tears as he wrote it.

You seem to think that because you are offended by something it automatically makes it offensive. If that particular post offended you then all I can suggest is that you maybe grow a thicker skin. It wasn't even directed at you.

I certainly won't be apologising.

You seem to be using this whole "ian_mac has offended me" thing as a bit of a diversionary tactic, not surprising really.

Don't want you to apologise. & certainly not diversionary. I'll leave the @rselicking to others. Yourself included.

Just hope that you or someone close to you suffers.

Karma.

Bye bye now. :D

Edited by Trotter

No answer I see! :)

So you need an answer to that question to justify your sad little posts? I noticed you used the 'school' reply to someone else on another thread. Your patter's sh*t but I suppose your blind determination is admirable.

Don't want you to apologise. & certainly not diversionary. I'll leave the @rselicking to others. Yourself included.

Just hope that you or someone close to you suffers.

Karma.

Bye bye now. :D

Sounds like you're suffering already.

Speaking personally, the reason why the negative brigade have pissed me off so much all season long is that they seem to think that they alone feel the pain when we've had an agonising end to a game (and we all know there's been more than one of them). But it's this incredibly arrogant belief of theirs that those of us who support the team and our young, inexperienced manager, through thick and thin, are palpable idiots for doing so and not joining in their clamour to have Archie sacked and replaced by some mythical hero with lots of managerial honours to his name.

If only we would listen to them we'd be better Thistle fans instead of being culpable for propping up a deadbeat managerial team. I've driven back home on a good few Saturdays absolutely gutted that we've not put the opposition away and been fully aware that we've made defensive errors, or that Archie got the substitutions wrong or whatever. But you know what, I've been following the Thistle for a very very long time and have been more than aware, from being a wee boy, that this involves pain and anguish with occasional moments and periods of joy and elation; I live for those moments and occasions. Anybody who's followed the Jags for more than a year and calls themselves a Thistle fan in any meaningful sense of the word knows all that.

Had things not turned out the way they did, we'd all have been distraught but I'd like to think that we'd all have backed Archie and co to the absolute hilt and come back again as normal next season ready for life in the second tier. That's what Thistle fans do, and we'd all have appreciated what Archie had done for us: brought us a highly watchable style of football, oh and a League title - all in first year at the helm having been chucked in at the deep end head first after the serpent deserted us.

The criticism he's been subjected to on here by a small band of small-minded cynics has, frankly, been quite disgusting in my honest opinion; Alan Archibald has had - and I'll repeat this - NO previous managerial experience, but he's delivered the goods onto our doorsteps; his achievements have been nothing short of sensational, ALL things considered. I am a far happier Thistle fan this last year or so than I have been since the 70s and I attribute this to the contribution to the Thistle cause of one Alan Archibald.

After some of the lower points of this season, I've found myself staying off the forum till half way through the following week just to avoid some of the pernicious and poisonous pish written by people who apparently like to be thought of as fans of Partick Thistle Football Club. In the light of what Archie has now delivered for all of us in the. Thistle community, I think there are a few who come on here that need to have a very long hard think about things and ask themselves whether the stuff they write is actually no more than a difference of opinion with the majority (nothing inherently wrong with that) or face the fact that the stuff they do post is harmful, polluting dross that doesn't contribute one jot to the spirit of the Thistle cause.

I've personally resolved that in future I will not be put off coming on here because of a malicious handful of posters. But I will continue to back our team, our manager and all those who want the very best for Thistle whether that involves pain or pleasure.

Looking forward to next season with great relish. It will be the usual mixture of highs and lows, but it will be Thistle led by Archie, committed to playing football the right way. That'll do just nicely for me.

Tremedous post. Well said .

It's strange. I've been watching football for pretty much 40 years and following Thistle for a good chunk of that. As someone who has never played it or been involved in it at anywhere near amateur level, far less professional level, I actually have very little insight into what a manager does before during or after a game. I can see why Elliot might not be the complete footballer in the same way Messi is. So I made a deal with Archie when he became manager - he doesn't criticise the way I do my job, and I won't come on here and give him a b*llocking when we lose a game. I might well dislike the result of games - and don't get me started on the Early season Aberdeen games - but at the same time I'm not sure what I would do to make it better.

What I can see clearly is that he understands where we are deficient and can to a certain extent address that, as he has done since the January transfer window. I'm sure he understands that there are tactical weaknesses in his game and he will improve on that.

To refer to him as a 'pudding' shows a profound lack of respect for someone who has done a very tough job to the best of his abilities this season, and has delivered a team playing an exceptional style of football.

• Like 3

It's strange. I've been watching football for pretty much 40 years and following Thistle for a good chunk of that. As someone who has never played it or been involved in it at anywhere near amateur level, far less professional level, I actually have very little insight into what a manager does before during or after a game. I can see why Elliot might not be the complete footballer in the same way Messi is. So I made a deal with Archie when he became manager - he doesn't criticise the way I do my job, and I won't come on here and give him a b*llocking when we lose a game. I might well dislike the result of games - and don't get me started on the Early season Aberdeen games - but at the same time I'm not sure what I would do to make it better.

What I can see clearly is that he understands where we are deficient and can to a certain extent address that, as he has done since the January transfer window. I'm sure he understands that there are tactical weaknesses in his game and he will improve on that.

To refer to him as a 'pudding' shows a profound lack of respect for someone who has done a very tough job to the best of his abilities this season, and has delivered a team playing an exceptional style of football.

It's unacceptable to say that on here.

Archie has delivered twice in two seasons - a championship after we we left in the lurch followed by top league survival on a tight budget . The only 'pudding' around is the poster who made that reference and who seems to be a bit of (spotted) dick.

So you need an answer to that question to justify your sad little posts? I noticed you used the 'school' reply to someone else on another thread. Your patter's sh*t but I suppose your blind determination is admirable.

No but thanks anyway..

Electronic footprints are very dangerous. Should be more careful you know. :D