The Jags Fans

GerryJag

Just in praise of the fantastic support the fans have given the team this season with last night at Hearts topping the lot!

To see men (and Women) in their "later years" standing singing clapping proud to be a 'Jags Fan' was what makes this club special.

Non - stop singing and witty banter with superb songs was brilliant last night and no doubt the players responded to it in the 2nd half and we all got the performance and goals the fans deserved....

Sometimes the Jags are a hard team to support but games like last night make it all worth while..

Thanks to all the fans who made the games this season it's been pleasure this year even after 40 years of supporting the Red n Yellow !

Proud to be a Jags fan ... Too Right !!!

• Like 8

Just in praise of the fantastic support the fans have given the team this season with last night at Hearts topping the lot!

To see men (and Women) in their "later years" standing singing clapping proud to be a 'Jags Fan' was what makes this club special.

Non - stop singing and witty banter with superb songs was brilliant last night and no doubt the players responded to it in the 2nd half and we all got the performance and goals the fans deserved....

Sometimes the Jags are a hard team to support but games like last night make it all worth while..

Thanks to all the fans who made the games this season it's been pleasure this year even after 40 years of supporting the Red n Yellow !

Proud to be a Jags fan ... Too Right !!!

Couldn't agree more. The backing especially away from home has been outstanding.

A quick question on fans - Why do we carry such a big away support in relation to our home support?

It must be bigger percentage wise than any other club in the country?

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect it's because it's our first season back.

Or it could be something to do with our home record.

Ive been going to see the Jags home and away for over thirty years and the last couple of seasons the support has been as good as Iv'e ever seen it if not the very best.The away support at Killie ,Hibs and last night was amazing.

I think the North Stand is a factor in this resurgence . .It's given us more identity and a focal point. There is maybe not a lot of us but we've a brilliant hard core. The chalange now is to get a couple of thousand onto that regularly

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect it's because it's our first season back.

Or it could be something to do with our home record.

We've always as far back as I can remember, circa 35 years taken a decent away support, have often wondered why myself. Could be the fact that most of as are daft! But, I'd love to hear a sensible reason.

A quick question on fans - Why do we carry such a big away support in relation to our home support?

It must be bigger percentage wise than any other club in the country?

It's a question I doubt anyone really knows the answer to. It's certainly got historical depth to it and not just a newish development.

Can't do the arithmetic but I find it strange that we only had circa 4000 fans v St Mirren the other Friday night. Yet we can take over 1500 to Edinburgh for a Wednesday night game at exceptional cost. Deduct from the 4000 the ST holders and the kids go free and it gets even stranger.

Ive been going to see the Jags home and away for over thirty years and the last couple of seasons the support has been as good as Iv'e ever seen it if not the very best.The away support at Killie ,Hibs and last night was amazing.

I think the North Stand is a factor in this resurgence . .It's given us more identity and a focal point. There is maybe not a lot of us but we've a brilliant hard core. The chalange now is to get a couple of thousand onto that regularly

agreed, we've always travelled in good numbers, in above average comparable terms to how we are doing in whatever league, and moreoften than not, in lower leagues been the biggest away support, and can see us being in top 3 or 4 away supports for most clubs in the top league this year. we do seem to like our away days more than most. the numbers of the last 3 games have been exceptional, last night particularily, against a club who'd won 5 drawn 1 in six games, and a ott £24 adult ticket price, on a school night ..... truly impressive.

north stand has certainly been a positive factor in our resurgence (off and on park), and the unity amongst the more vocal elements has been magnificent. the celebrations of each goal last night were possibly the most energetic and mental i've been amongst in a long time. and the celebrations of final 10 and at final whistle. absolute scenes!!! (and got the bruises to prove it har har). we do have a brilliant hardcore and like you say gaz, it would be brilliant to get that to a regular 2k away support, and see the jhs and ns benefit from swelled numbers too more regularily. we have the players and management who deserve the numbers and support.

Heard the figure of 1,700 put on the attendance in the away end.

Mightily impressive.

jagtastic.

It's a question I doubt anyone really knows the answer to. It's certainly got historical depth to it and not just a newish development.

Can't do the arithmetic but I find it strange that we only had circa 4000 fans v St Mirren the other Friday night. Yet we can take over 1500 to Edinburgh for a Wednesday night game at exceptional cost. Deduct from the 4000 the ST holders and the kids go free and it gets even stranger.

The St. Mirren game was a very strange one.

I was baffled by the lack of a big home crowd for that one.

I agree with the poster who said that it being our first season back might've had something to do with it.

Many younger fans will never have seen us playing at some of these venues. Others won't have been at them for a long time.

I think there is a different mindset when we go away. We are expecting to be more vocal,maybe to try and undo some of the home advantage and to encourage the players.I think at home there is still an element of " entertain us" and we will respond. In the JHS, although things have improved in the last couple of seasons, there still seems to some reluctance to get more involved than energetic clapping.

I think there is a different mindset when we go away. We are expecting to be more vocal,maybe to try and undo some of the home advantage and to encourage the players.I think at home there is still an element of " entertain us" and we will respond. In the JHS, although things have improved in the last couple of seasons, there still seems to some reluctance to get more involved than energetic clapping.

I have been going to away games on and off for just under 40 years and my explanation is partly that coming from Glasgow we have a large ex pat support if you like.Listen to some of the accents around you and you will notice not all Glaswegian they could be sons/daughters of Jags mad families etc .I remember particularly over the years the amount of fairly local fans at the Dundee games,Fife games etc and maybe this is down to people moving around the country job wise.Whatever the case it seems out of proportion to our home support as mentioned before.

Dunno about energetic clapping; most of the time I can't be bothered doing it with both hands.

Interesting question about why our away support has always been disproportionatly large, it must go way beyond the fact it's our first season back in the top flight for so long.

Transport from Glasgow is decent, centrally located, despite all the problems of poverty in Glasgow as a fan base we're still proportionally better off than smaller towns, our catchment area covers the richest areas of the city, the need to show the rest of the country that not all Glaswegians are knuckle dragging bigots.