Next Season

DublinMagyar

Tho a bit dissapointed by todays result, we were still only 1 goal from 7th. I'll take that for this season. NEXT season however where are we gonna end up????

Personally I think we should be looking for that 7th or 8th spot and safety with 2/3/4/ games to go, and looking to go top 6 the year after. Our AMBITION for the coming season is something different by all means aim higher than I'd be happy with and if we hit top 6 then great, where do you think we will finish and where do you think we SHOULD finish?

I think we should start the season really well, expect to finish in a European spot, then steadily decline in fortune whilst everyone wails and gnashes their teeth for the rest of the year.

We'll finish in the play off spot, and destroy Rangers over two epic games (Hearts will win the league and QotS will finish bottom of next years' SPFLPL).

The obvious area for improvement, before we can think of finishing anywhere is the defense and the holding midfield. Without, a dramatic improvement in these areas of the park we're simply not good enough to realistically aim any highr. This has been demonstrated time and time again this season and would have seen to be the case again today, although as I wasn't there unfortunately I can't really comment.

On a positive note, I think if we get Lyle signed on for next year, offensively we are more than a match for any side in the SPFL, with the obvious exception of Celtic.

Thus if Archie can strengthen during the summer, I can see no reason why we'd not be able to have a more comfortable season next time. However, realistically I'd be very happy with being comfortable earlier and looking to push on again the following year.

However, as we all know Thistle rarerly take the expected option. So I expect next season to be probably as much of a rollercoaster ride as this one.

The obvious area for improvement, before we can think of finishing anywhere is the defense and the holding midfield. Without, a dramatic improvement in these areas of the park we're simply not good enough to realistically aim any highr. This has been demonstrated time and time again this season and would have seen to be the case again today, although as I wasn't there unfortunately I can't really comment.

On a positive note, I think if we get Lyle signed on for next year, offensively we are more than a match for any side in the SPFL, with the obvious exception of Celtic.

Thus if Archie can strengthen during the summer, I can see no reason why we'd not be able to have a more comfortable season next time. However, realistically I'd be very happy with being comfortable earlier and looking to push on again the following year.

However, as we all know Thistle rarerly take the expected option. So I expect next season to be probably as much of a rollercoaster ride as this one.

Correct .... 38 games 4 clean sheets and 2 or three home wins not good enough to progess and if our away form slumps we would be in trouble

Would settle for 10th again next season - depends slightly on the outcome of the play-offs if that will be deemed progress. A few more home wins would be nice although the away form did compensate and an away win is aways nice.

Of the teams down the bottom I suspect Killie and St. Mirren might have a slightly turbulent close season - If Lennon goes and/or Johnston and/or Boyd etc. Having said that, if they sort themselves out as regards management and higher paid/better personnel wise, they ought to be OK. Similarly Ross should be OK if they replace their loanees with solid performers at this level (potentially not unlike ourselves). If Hibs survive surely they cannot be as bad - new influx of players and perhaps a new management team if things don't kick on earlyish? Dundee will probably have to add to the squad (and if it is Hamilton/Falkirk so will both/either of them). Cannot personally see any of the top 6 decending.

Bearing in mind we frittered away numerous points, both at home and inevitably frustratingly very late in games, potentially, with a bit of tightening up, we could see some points increase - we need to become a bit more street-wise.

Would settle for 10th again next season - depends slightly on the outcome of the play-offs if that will be deemed progress. A few more home wins would be nice although the away form did compensate and an away win is aways nice.

Of the teams down the bottom I suspect Killie and St. Mirren might have a slightly turbulent close season - If Lennon goes and/or Johnston and/or Boyd etc. Having said that, if they sort themselves out as regards management and higher paid/better personnel wise, they ought to be OK. Similarly Ross should be OK if they replace their loanees with solid performers at this level (potentially not unlike ourselves). If Hibs survive surely they cannot be as bad - new influx of players and perhaps a new management team if things don't kick on earlyish? Dundee will probably have to add to the squad (and if it is Hamilton/Falkirk so will both/either of them). Cannot personally see any of the top 6 decending.

Bearing in mind we frittered away numerous points, both at home and inevitably frustratingly very late in games, potentially, with a bit of tightening up, we could see some points increase - we need to become a bit more street-wise.

I cant see Killie successfully replacing Boyd. Also think they may need to make cutbacks they spent money foolishly again such as buying Eremenko and more than hoping they would get the rewards on increased attendances which did not happen. Also think ICT may struggle dont think John Hughes is going to take them forward