Stewarding

Willjag

• Members

I hear also today that the Stewarding staff are all being told this was their last game. Many of the Stewards that have been at Firhill for 20/30 years are being paid off. I know there have been issues with some stewards, but on the whole, most of them have been good for the Club. Good luck to them and hopefully the decent ones can get a job with the new incoming company.

Why the hell were there so many stewards today....it should be about risk management.....where was the risk today??? 90 stewards ( that's how many I counted anyway) to do what??? Keep weans off the pitch?? Didn't work did it? All I saw was fans getting their photos with the players...smiling faces all round....and loads of guys in high viz jackets looking stupid.

Get a grip.

• Like 1

The steward who manhandled one of the first boys to run on the pitch was a disgrace. The guy couldn't have been much older than 14, and he had what looked like his knee on his neck, and hand over the back of his head. He should get done for it. Why are these guys always on such a power trip? If they didn't line up in the first place, in some pathetic show of force, I doubt there would be a pitch invasion at all.

My brother had incidents being told his son (7 year old) had to enter via a different turnstyle than him, resulting in my nephew being inside the ground himself for 15 minutes, when the steward was asked if he could keep an eye on the wee fellow he responded he was too busy

Cheerio. If just one of those dozens of stewards had instead been a turnstile operator I might have seen the full game.

exactly.

A queue halfway up the road for the one turnstile open to cash payment while half a dozen stewards stood about doing the square root of feck all.Seen several kids being put through the other turnstile too and being forced to wait on the adult inside the ground. Very poor organisation.

I suspect number of stewards based on an anticipated higher crowd, which was likely to have been the case if play offs had still been a possibility for either club. I wouldn't do their job. And I never have any bother with any of them. Then again, I do not run on to the pitch..

The steward who manhandled one of the first boys to run on the pitch was a disgrace. The guy couldn't have been much older than 14, and he had what lookead like his knee on his neck, and hand over the back of his head. He should get done for it. Why are these guys always on such a power trip? If they didn't line up in the first place, in some pathetic show of force, I doubt there would be a pitch invasion at all.

the incident where the young guy was accosted, manhandled and thrown to ground before the knee in back etc, was way over the top. any supporter watching from a distance would have been excused for thinking he had a gun or knife and was running towards players in a manic rage, such was the excessive force and way he was taken down.

fair play to the even younger blond haired lad who got by the hi-viz thugs, and who stood on edge of box for twenty or so seconds, before almost nonchalantly wandering over to players to shake their hands, and thus opening the floodgates to hundreds of supporters strolling on, some telling the h-v-t's to go away and get a life.

Who is taking over the stewarding for next year?

G4S

:wall:

the incident where the young guy was accosted, manhandled and thrown to ground before the knee in back etc, was way over the top. any supporter watching from a distance would have been excused for thinking he had a gun or knife and was running towards players in a manic rage, such was the excessive force and way he was taken down.

I don't believe a steward is within the law or his rights to do this

Like Will, I would wish the better stewards good luck for the future. Don't know the circumstances of the incoming employer, but find myself musing over whether there ought to have been a TUPE transfer in place which would've meant continued employment for those employed substantively at the point of transfer.

Anyway, grumble time: I was rather hacked off to see yet another lack of discretion when the guy in front of me in the queue - and who was slightly tipsy, to be fair - was stopped from entering having bought his ticket and stuck it in the reader thing.

He was in a group of four who had obviously been to the pub for an hour or so and were no more than 'happy.' They were all talking a wee bit loud but clearly in celebration mode basking in the elation of last Wednesday and recalling Thistle heroics of the past. I recognised them from many years ago and was having a friendly chat with them. The other three of them went in followed by their mate who paid his money, put his ticket in the reader - all in full view of the stewards - and was just about in when he was shouted back, cashier told to take his ticket off him and refund him. The 'offender' was told he'd had too much to drink and was pulled back outside and sent on his way.

Very bad shout in my opinion; he was no worse than any of his mates and clearly no threat to anyone, added to which his mates were all allowed to part with their cash and so left in a tricky position as to whether to go back out with him - without a refund - or jettison him. Not good enough. The guy is a diehard and simply in party mood. Wasn't like it was a powder keg of a game against one of the old filth.

• Members

Interesting to note the guy that was brought down was sent back into the terracing only to run on again a second time and be brought down by the same steward again, who then on seeing no-one else was bothering, let the guy up and allowed him onto the pitch.