We Are Premiership

gerrybritton9

With all the talk here about player contracts, the north stand, the board and other possible difficulties, I just wanted to stop and say:

We loved every minute of the premiership and we are top flight next season as well!

WE are a team in the truest sense of the word .

Life is good!

( box the chimp)

Excellent OP.

Now that we've got that other issue out the way, it's just great to be a Jags fan right now. A great side liberally sprinkled with natural talent and a team ethic not seen for decades. And managed by a 100% home grown boy who understands, intrinsically, the cultural value of being part of the Thistle family. Arguably our best manager since . . . well who knows and who cares.

We're all basking in the Jaggy sun right now, and it's a long summer. May this weather never end.

We Are Thistle.

Edited by Blackpool Jags
  • Like 2

Not sure I can honestly say I "loved every minute" of this season - there have been so many agonising last minute draws and defeats - but overall, we've had a great past two years and now have a fighting chance of establishing ourselves where we belong. Hope we can hang onto the core of this team (esp Higginbotham, Bannigan and Doolan). Excited about next season, and I'd take 10th again now although hoping for better!

I'll probably remember the season for the atmosphere at the four matches after the split that secured our status. Two away wins and two home draws (we do things the hard way) were enjoyable, tense tho' they were. This season coming I'd settle for considerably less intensity and a mid table finish. Ideally two or three six pointers to get us into the top half of the split and a wee moneyspinning run in one of the cups would more than suffice.

I'll probably remember the season for the atmosphere at the four matches after the split that secured our status. Two away wins and two home draws (we do things the hard way) were enjoyable, tense tho' they were. This season coming I'd settle for considerably less intensity and a mid table finish. Ideally two or three six pointers to get us into the top half of the split and a wee moneyspinning run in one of the cups would more than suffice.

Your memory fails you- 2 away wins, one away draw and one home draw!