Brazil

peagreenboy

Seriously. Feck Brazil.

Feck their stupid cheating ways, their fans who lap it all up as if it's the proper way to play football. Hulk deserves every decision to go against him, no matter how stonewall obvious they are.

Feck that prancing pony Neymar with his erse-tickling penalty kick 'tricks'. He'd be re-taking them after a skelp around the ear if I was in charge.

Feck the media for seemingly believing that Brazil have some sort of divine right to win this competition, and slabbering on about how great they are, when they really aren't all that.

I hope they get gubbed by a really bad referee and we can enjoy a France versus Argentina final as the country sits weeping in the background. HAW.

Phew. Glad I got that off my chest.

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 4

They are a fairly ordinary team, although they have world class players in neymar and thiago silva, who I think is one of the best 2 centre backs in the world, although handicapped by playing next to a total bombscare like david Luiz and dani Alves and Marcelo can't defend either. They are handicapped heavily by having no good striking options, Fred might be poor but between him and Jo and I know who I'd pick. Assuming Colombia go through I'd expect them to beat Brazil, as this squad really is last 8 material at best. If they sent this squad to a tournament that wasn't in Brazil they'd be absolutely nowhere near the favourites.

If I hear 'it's good for the tournament that they won' one more time my foot is going through the TV.

OK stay well away from your living room or wherever for just a wee moment. From what I've read the minute Brazil exit the tournament the rioting and industrial disturbances will start up for real. What was going on before will be later looked on as very similar to pre season friendlies. So I suppose Brazil not getting knocked out maybe is good for the tournament tho' I doubt very much the pundits etc have much of an eye on impending civil disobedience.

Got to say I enjoyed the football today. The pace the Brazil/Chile game was played at was incredible and unusual for these sort of games neither team appeared to be playing for penalties.

Too much has been said about Uruguay being without Suarez while hardly anyone mentions Columbia having to do without Falcao. Imagine Brazil's chances of beating a team including both Falcao and James Rodríguez.

It's been a great tournament so far and the "Home" nation doing well at any world cup is always a good thing.

They are not as good a team as Brazil teams of the past but they are now in the quarter finals and you couldn't write them off from winning it.

The striker Fred is one of the poorest players i have seen at this level and don't understand how he gets a game for Brazil.

Now i have said that get your money on him scoring a goal or two in the quarters.

Unlucky Chile and the penalty kick shoot out is a sore way to go out but they played really well in this world cup.

Uruguay have been poor with Cavani being a big let down for me and Colombia were well worth their win.

All in all it's been enjoyable so far and will take me up nicely to when the real football starts when the Thistle Weir U15's get the show on the road.

OK stay well away from your living room or wherever for just a wee moment. From what I've read the minute Brazil exit the tournament the rioting and industrial disturbances will start up for real. What was going on before will be later looked on as very similar to pre season friendlies. So I suppose Brazil not getting knocked out maybe is good for the tournament tho' I doubt very much the pundits etc have much of an eye on impending civil disobedience.

See, regardless of whether or not Brazil win, the money spent on stadiums etc., is, and always will be, completely obscene. The whole thing is really, really awful.

The idea that the nation will be placated with a winning a shiny thing surely does them a disservice. No wonder those in charge treat us like a bucket of morons, if this bread and circuses act actually works.

FIFA should be disbanded, and the games held in suitable stadiums all over the world which have already been built. An organisation which actually benefits the game is required, instead of a money machine which funnels cash directly into the pockets of the corrupt few.

Maybe it will be best for Brazil, and world football as well, if their national team go out - we might get some real change, starting with the removal of Jabba the Hutt at the top.

• Like 1

Seriously. Feck Brazil.

Feck their stupid cheating ways, their fans who lap it all up as if it's the proper way to play football. Hulk deserves every decision to go against him, no matter how stonewall obvious they are.

Feck that prancing pony Neymar with his erse-tickling penalty kick 'tricks'. He'd be re-taking them after a skelp around the ear if I was in charge.

Feck the media for seemingly believing that Brazil have some sort of divine right to win this competition, and slabbering on about how great they are, when they really aren't all that.

I hope they get gubbed by a really bad referee and we can enjoy a France versus Argentina final as the country sits weeping in the background. HAW.

Phew. Glad I got that off my chest.

Could not agree more.

All in all it's been enjoyable so far and will take me up nicely to when the real football starts when the Thistle Weir U15's get the show on the road.

Let's hope there are a few future world cup final players amongst that lot!

Edited by Mr Bunny

Feck international football.

... well ... maybe the occasional friendly or invitational tourney would be ok.

If ever there was a vehicle for dubious dealings, corporate corruption and political posturing or religious agendas to take advantage of for financial profit or advancement of their ideologies, FIFA is it. Followed closely by UEFA and, not too far behind, national FAs.

It's not a modern thing either. Mussolini ran the World cup before Hitler hi-jacked the Berlin Olympics.

CLUB before Country!!!! .... of course the likes of celtic and rangers will struggle with that concept as they both represent nation states. However..... F.T.O.F!!!!

:fan:

Brazil? .... Meh! ... :head_ball:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

See, regardless of whether or not Brazil win, the money spent on stadiums etc., is, and always will be, completely obscene. The whole thing is really, really awful.

The idea that the nation will be placated with a winning a shiny thing surely does them a disservice. No wonder those in charge treat us like a bucket of morons, if this bread and circuses act actually works.

FIFA should be disbanded, and the games held in suitable stadiums all over the world which have already been built. An organisation which actually benefits the game is required, instead of a money machine which funnels cash directly into the pockets of the corrupt few.

Maybe it will be best for Brazil, and world football as well, if their national team go out - we might get some real change, starting with the removal of Jabba the Hutt at the top.

Some good points. Zurich and Brasilia crying out for revolution.

Can't recall ever feeling so guilty for enjoying a World Cup.

• Like 1

I'll raise you Serginho from the '82 model Brasilians.

Serginho was 2 goals in 5 games in the 82 WC

Fred is 1 in 4 so far but just looks a very average player who doesn't seem to go looking for goals like good CF's should do.

We just expect Brazil to have top players in every position but they have been known to produce the odd dud now and again

Rafael Scheidt for instance who realy was crap. :rolleyes: