Bye Bye Chris ?

cyprusjag

I can still see Erskine going out on loan to eat up some of the remainder of his contract. United clearly have little worries financially and you would think Chris would end up further down the pecking order this season coming.

To be brutally honest the position he plays is not one that we urgently need filling. Personally I'd like Erskine in the squad either on loan or coming with some option or other. He's a confidence player and we can probably get the best out of him. Squad player/impact sub perhaps.

I get that we have other priorities, but sometimes, football being what it is, you want things that aren't really logical and this is how I feel about Erskine. Over the years, there's only been a few players who I've felt BELONG in a Thistle strip and Chris is one of them. (Dennis McQuade and Chic Charnley are the other two - I'm sure everyone will have their own favourites.) Might not make a great deal of sense, but, come home, Chris!