What's Happening With Eccleston?

thebiglemon

Game on Saturday, today's Sunday. No rush to announce the signing till tomorrow I guess.

Obviously no rush but at least it gives some the time to check the lad out on soccerbase, wiki etc. Would hate to see us sign some player without them bringing whoever it is down to terra firma. Thought signing Carroll on loan on such short notice before his debut was out of order. The fact it's generally assumed Jake played well must be a real sickener to some on here.

• Like 1

Well he is big, but is Archie going to throw him into the mix at 19, seeing as BRE was immediately shipped out on loan? His goal scoring record, like Eccleston is dire. I hope these two, if they sign, really do give us options up front, because if they don't, Archie will start to feel the heat. Let's hope one of them turns out like a Lyle Taylor, Billy McKay type who hadn't really done anything in their careers, but then found a club where they just "clicked"

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

The forward could be McFadden. At least until the new MLS season. This is complete speculation, btw. Could also be a loan for the "young striker" Trotter previously hinted at.

Carroll the surprise for me. & from what I heard a surprise to him as well!! Expected the left back to be one of the trialists in last week or so!

Ecclestone though been the panic buy. Genuinely hope I'm wrong but seems to be on a downward spiral & had a few chances to resurrect his career. Let's hope he realises that he's got a big stage to play on & takes the chance...

Mikael Mandron was sent home early by Fleetwood Town.

These big strikers can take a while to mature and Archie must have liked the look of him. Has came off the bench for Sunderland in the premier league so must be rated.

Assuming we are getting him for little outlay.

Is there a chance that Muirhead may leave with a centre back coming in? Think that's a possibilty.

Well he is big, but is Archie going to throw him into the mix at 19, seeing as BRE was immediately shipped out on loan? His goal scoring record, like Eccleston is dire. I hope these two, if they sign, really do give us options up front, because if they don't, Archie will start to feel the heat. Let's hope one of them turns out like a Lyle Taylor, Billy McKay type who hadn't really done anything in their careers, but then found a club where they just "clicked"

He only came off the bench late on for Fleetwood Town. He has scored a lot of goals in Sunderlands development squad's.

Not overly concerned with the goal scoring records, it could be that these guys are more akin to an emile heskey type looking to hold up the ball up front and bring others into play rather than an out and out striker. Purely speculation as I don't really know having never properly seen them play, but that seems to be the job Stevenson has been employed to do so could be that Archie is looking for others to do exactly that and play Stevenson in midfield?

Not overly concerned with the goal scoring records, it could be that these guys are more akin to an emile heskey type looking to hold up the ball up front and bring others into play rather than an out and out striker. Purely speculation as I don't really know having never properly seen them play, but that seems to be the job Stevenson has been employed to do so could be that Archie is looking for others to do exactly that and play Stevenson in midfield?

Hey, that doesn't stop a few on here judging a player. I'd like to think that Stevenson will now play mostly in midfield.