Just In

thebiglemon

Sounds lie Brill was responsible for keeping it from being an embarrassment. It'll be interesting to read the rest of the posts from those of you who were there...

Not exactly - quite an even game in some ways, Caley better on counter attack and struggled to break us down when they had too

We were more composed when ahead, exemplified by the 3rd goal.

Great game where defending seemed to be an after thought from both teams.

Didn't deserve to be behind and showed great character to come back so strongly.

Stevie Lawless was my m.o.t.m. but not a failure anywhere,

Could have been more if Dools had not had a piss poor attempt from a penalty but then in my opinion it never was so maybe fair enuff !

Great game where defending seemed to be an after thought from both teams.

Didn't deserve to be behind and showed great character to come back so strongly.

Stevie Lawless was my m.o.t.m. but not a failure anywhere,

Could have been more if Dools had not had a piss poor attempt from a penalty but then in my opinion it never was so maybe fair enuff !

I know it was a great result but the defence was ropey particularly in the first half

Carroll wasn't great out of position too much and gave the ball away

There should be a separate discussion in Stevenson,..

Fair enough, only read through the official live commentary before posting. Ending the game with a penalty save and a save from open play clouded my judgement I guess. Sounds like a decent attacking performance though and while a couple of people have said the defense was ropey, ICT were top having not lost a game before today, so I won't be worrying much about it.

Very good performance today to come back from 1-0 down against top of the league, and a team who have yet to concede.

looks like Carroll was at fault for their goal, he jumped in at the halfway line and was beaten to ball, they broke up the park and Doran scored from inside the box, poor goal to lose. The defending was terrible in the first half, a few times Balatoni and Seaborne hesitated to clear the ball in our own box that caused broon stain in my breeks!

I can't remember the build up to Lawless goal but he got the defender one on one running towards the 6 yard box but cut in on his left foot and buried the ball in the net off the post.

2nd goal was from a Higgy corner, aye, a corner, it was hit deep to the back post and both Balatoni and Osman jumped for it but it was right on Osman's napper for 2-1.

3rd goal was some strike from Higgy, he seemed to run onto it and curl with his right foot back across the keeper and bury it into the left hand side of net. I thought the penalty looked soft, shite pen from Dools, it was like a back pass.

I thought Seaborne,Osman and Higgy were tremendous, McMillan was his usual self, solid and great tackling, Banzo and Lawless didn't stop running all day either. delighted with that today, chuffed to be 7 ahead of Dross County and St Midden already and playing them on Friday, I think there's a good chance Craig won't be there by Friday, he's a certainty to get chopped this week.

Edited by jags on tour

Stevensons best game for us and Lawless best in the top flight.Seaborne is not the most gifted defender you'll ever see but he's a bawler and a shouter and that is exactly what is needed.

Three terrific goals too.

Lots more energy and effort this week than the last two games.Thought we were on a doing for a while after going behind but the attitude from the players was there to see us through.

Higgy needs to screw the noggin, could easily have been sent off instead of scoring the decisive goal for nothing more than being stupid.

Thought we won the game in the middle of the park, bid Abdul gets through a power of work.

Only negative for me was Carrol.Looked out of position quite a few times and got beat too easily on the wing.

Foxy too looks a bit nervous these days but still had a couple of good saves.Dont understand why PG was dropped unless injured.

A great three points for us today , well deserved.

Thought we looked all at sea defensively at times. Some last gasp challenges, great blocks & bad finishing. First time that back 4 played together though.

Looked good going forward. Osman & Banzo bossed it for me.

Carroll- I know it's only his second game for us but the amount of times he wanders inside away from the flank is a concern. The whole first half they had an out ball when switching over his head. Credit to the manager second half getting Higginbotham back in to cover but surely it should be Carroll's job to cover Higginbotham.

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

Very good performance today to come back from 1-0 down against top of the league, and a team who have yet to concede.

looks like Carroll was at fault for their goal, he jumped in at the halfway line and was beaten to ball, they broke up the park and Doran scored from inside the box, poor goal to lose. The defending was terrible in the first half, a few times Balatoni and Seaborne hesitated to clear the ball in our own box that caused broon stain in my breeks!

I can't remember the build up to Lawless goal but he got the defender one on one running towards the 6 yard box but cut in on his left foot and buried the ball in the net off the post.

2nd goal was from a Higgy corner, aye, a corner, it was hit deep to the back post and both Balatoni and Osman jumped for it but it was right on Osman's napper for 2-1.

3rd goal was some strike from Higgy, he seemed to run onto it and curl with his right foot back acros the keeper and bury it into the left hand side of net. I thought the penalty looked soft, shite pen from Dools, it was like a back pass.

I thought Seaborne,Osman and Higgy were tremendous, McMillan was his usual self, solid and great tackling, Banzo and Lawless didn't stop running all day either. delighted with that today, chuffed to be 7 ahead of Dross County and St Midden already and playing them on Friday, I think trees a good chance Craig won't be there by Friday, he's a certainty to get chopped this week.

Agree with everything above! Only negative from today was Jake Carroll's positioning, he was defiantly at fault for the goal! Drifted inside far too much, I hope as he settles in he puts in some better performances. Think we were spoiled having Taylor-Sinclair the last couple of seasons and will struggle to find a player anywhere near his standard!

A hard fought victory against a team who were organized and passed the ball very well. To score 3 (should have been 4) against a team who had not conceded a goal this season was brilliant. Doolan worked hard but thought he was isolated for periods, could have done with scoring the penalty to help with his confidence! Stephen Finnie has to be one of the worse ref’s out! Booking Bannigan for his first challenge when he’d allowed Inverness players kick Higgy up and down the pitch! Did give us a dodgy penalty but the game was already won. Still a complete TOSSER!

Bring on St Midden on Friday! Really hoping we hump them!

Agree with everything above! Only negative from today was Jake Carroll's positioning, he was defiantly at fault for the goal! Drifted inside far too much, I hope as he settles in he puts in some better performances. Think we were spoiled having Taylor-Sinclair the last couple of seasons and will struggle to find a player anywhere near his standard!

Need to give Carroll a bit of time to settle, but yes I thought he was bang average at best today. The ATS period is over and we were always going to miss him as his style of play fitted our team to a T. Just wonder how he is feeling down at Wigan as he ain't even getting a sniff on the bench down there. Must be pretty hard for him going from probably being the first name on our team sheet every week to not even making the bench at Wigan. Still, I hope it works out for the big fella!

Need to give Carroll a bit of time to settle, but yes I thought he was bang average at best today. The ATS period is over and we were always going to miss him as his style of play fitted our team to a T. Just wonder how he is feeling down at Wigan as he ain't even getting a sniff on the bench down there. Must be pretty hard for him going from probably being the first name on our team sheet every week to not even making the bench at Wigan. Still, I hope it works out for the big fella!

His bank account might be the clue to that one, Lindau!!

His bank account might be the clue to that one, Lindau!!

Agreed, still he must be finding it hard after being a regular up here and not even being on the bench. They haven't even had the greatest of starts. I did find it a bit strange that they had just signed a left back when they signed ATS. Obviously looking at him as one for the future. Wonder if they are working on his defensive qualities!!

Very good result for us to get the 3 points. Inverness are a very good team and not many teams will put 3 past them.

I did not think that was our best performance but we scored 3 good goals. If was an Inverness fan I would be thinking we did not get the goals our play deserved. The pass and move of Inverness was impressive.

For us Seaborne was man of the match for me. Lead the backline well and was responsible for sniffing out the danger time and time again. Going to be a very important player for us.

Elsewhere Carroll looked shaky at times, caught out of position on more than one occasion and looked nervous. Hopefully he will settle given time.

Stevenson was poor for me, not the same player I saw for Hearts last season but I am still confident he will come good.

Higgy played very well given we did not manage to get the ball to him enough. He looked in the mood from the off and his goal was right out the top drawer. Enjoy him while you can because he will not be here next season.

Very good result for us to get the 3 points. Inverness are a very good team and not many teams will put 3 past them.

I did not think that was our best performance but we scored 3 good goals. If was an Inverness fan I would be thinking we did not get the goals our play deserved. The pass and move of Inverness was impressive.

For us Seaborne was man of the match for me. Lead the backline well and was responsible for sniffing out the danger time and time again. Going to be a very important player for us.

Elsewhere Carroll looked shaky at times, caught out of position on more than one occasion and looked nervous. Hopefully he will settle given time.

Stevenson was poor for me, not the same player I saw for Hearts last season but I am still confident he will come good.

Higgy played very well given we did not manage to get the ball to him enough. He looked in the mood from the off and his goal was right out the top drawer. Enjoy him while you can because he will not be here next season.

Fair summing up....Stevenson looks overweight / unfit and we will miss higgy if he's not there

Seaborne seemed to be covering an awful lot for Carroll who seemed to keep drifting into LH position many times. Did anyone else notice that ?

Seaborne I felt had a great game very commanding and I am comfortable with him at centre ( drifting ) .

McMillan yet again good game and is it any coincidence that as he returns we are back to winning ways ? . Felt since he went off at Dundee we had lost our way. Welcome back Jordan !