Jags Trust Agm And Meet The Manager Night

davemains

The Jags Trust AGM will take place two weeks from now on Thursday 2nd October, at Community Central Halls in Maryhill Road (next to Taggarts garage) starting at 7.30pm.

Following the official business will be our annual "Meet The Manager" Q & A, with manager Alan Archibald, where you can ask Archie your questions on the team and football in general!

The AGM is (obviously!) a members only event, but last year a number of you guys indicated that you would have liked to have attended the Meet The Manager part, so we are opening this up to all Jags fans, for a small entry fee.

The Meet The Manager section will start around 8.15pm and everyone is welcome to attend. Tickets are available in advance by email - [email protected] (or get me on Twitter @davymains or in the Fellow Jags Fans Facebook page) or you can just turn up on the night.

Entry is £5 with all proceeds going towards our continued work with the club and in the community.

You can join or renew your Trust membership on the night or via the website http://www.jagstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/ to take part in the AGM and the Meet The Manager discussion.

Individual Membership – £10

Individual (Unwaged) Membership – £5

Family Membership – £20

Any questions, just give me a shout - I've a mental day today, but will check back into the forum tomorrow.

Entry is £5 with all proceeds going towards our continued work with the club and in the community.

As a lapsed member, and not hearing much of the JT these days, when you get a chance could you please give a few details of the work the Trust are currently doing?

Being a Nomad it's hard to find a way to contribute financially to the club, Tag notwithstanding :frantic: , but if the JT were seen as active contributors it'd be one financial option for people who couldn't attend games.

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker
  • Like 1

As a lapsed member, and not hearing much of the JT these days, when you get a chance could you please give a few details of the work the Trust are currently doing?

Being a Nomad it's hard to find a way to contribute financially to the club, Tag notwithstanding :frantic: , but if the JT were seen as active contributors it'd be one financial option for people who couldn't attend games.

no point in detailing every penny but recently we've provided the strips for the Thistle Ladies squad; supported Maryhill Food Bank (donations and fund-raising); renewed our continued support to the club's match-day programme (sponsorship); made grants to the supporters buses to help them pay for buses to some of the furthest away-days; financially supported the setting up of the Disabled supporters association; bought new physiotherapy tables for the club... and loads more I've probably forgotten :)

no point in detailing every penny but recently we've provided the strips for the Thistle Ladies squad; supported Maryhill Food Bank (donations and fund-raising); renewed our continued support to the club's match-day programme (sponsorship); made grants to the supporters buses to help them pay for buses to some of the furthest away-days; financially supported the setting up of the Disabled supporters association; bought new physiotherapy tables for the club... and loads more I've probably forgotten :)

Thanks Davie, Don't forget it's not just about a monetary contribution that's important. The Trust were also proactively involved in working with the North Stand fans to ensure the NS stayed red n yellow, because of that, they were involved in the discussions that meant it was the representatives of the federation who decided the fan "layout" within the stadium for the future.

Likewise as part of the federation, the trust were involved in fan-club discussion regarding TAG (though you can judge for yourself how effective that day was).

• Like 1

If you're a Nomad you can also help the club via Centenary Fund.

Can you now pay by card?

I must admit going with the continued issues with CF, now it's people not getting their winnings I'll wait a wee bit till it's teething problems are ironed out, and as much as I was a massive TAG fan I put off whilst changing banks to sign up, but now with my new card I'm not yet convinced I'll get anything for my money.

I may be better sticking a big note in a Xmas card and posting it to Firhill

Can you now pay by card?

I must admit going with the continued issues with CF, now it's people not getting their winnings I'll wait a wee bit till it's teething problems are ironed out, and as much as I was a massive TAG fan I put off whilst changing banks to sign up, but now with my new card I'm not yet convinced I'll get anything for my money.

I may be better sticking a big note in a Xmas card and posting it to Firhill

Or just purchase a wad of 50/50 tickets. Said jokingly but is there anyway the Nomads could participate in the 50/50 draw?

Or just purchase a wad of 50/50 tickets. Said jokingly but is there anyway the Nomads could participate in the 50/50 draw?

This was something the Nomads had put forward years ago at the time of ShuggieTV, a Nomad package with PDF programme, live commentary and a couple of 50/50 tickets, so we could have a match day experience around the world, up until TAG nothing was offered. We can now get text updates and a late programme whilst other trans allow you to pay to watch the game abroad

That's an impressive list. Can you please remind us: apart from the subscription, what fund-raising activities give rise to the money for these kinds of supportive acts?

That's an impressive list. Can you please remind us: apart from the subscription, what fund-raising activities give rise to the money for these kinds of supportive acts?

There's a fair bit! Scarfs & our "retro" strips (via ebay) have been popular; Xmas raffle, Xmas Cards, Race Nights and membership is up this year

Scarf is here, for those interested!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/301333177654?roken=cUgayN

Unfortunately I can't attend, but if anyone would be prepared to ask Archie these 3 questions.

1) will hour get funds in January to strengthen the squad,

2) can Richard-Evertons loan be recalled

3) when can we expect to see Sean Welsh back playing football.

Thanks guys in anticipation.

AJ

Archie was excellent last night -

1) yes, funds available for January

2)no - he's there till January. Archie explained that he has great potential, but still raw. Liam Lindsay likely to step up if we someone before then. Interestingly all of our loan players( other than Scully, I think) train Mon/ tues/fri with the rest of our squad, its a condition of any loan that archie insists on

3) Welshy has been back in training for last 10 days - hoping to get him a game next week and see how he gets on

Archie was excellent last night -

3) Welshy has been back in training for last 10 days - hoping to get him a game next week and see how he gets on

Hopefully Higgy is only out for a week, two at most but if he's out a lot longer maybe Welsh can come back in the team and Bannigan move forward?

In fact I don't see why we couldn't put O'Donnell right back, put McMillan defensive midfield and push Bannigan forward,