St Johnstone 25Th October

read'n'yell

Last few games have challenged the assessment that our squad is "thread bear". Slightly disappointed with today's result but a draw with St Johnstone is no disgrace and I thought we looked the better team, without Gallagher, Seabourne, Welsh, Fraser, Higginbotham, Stevenson, who all may have been considered first choice at the start of the season (and some still are)

On what basis would Welsh have been considered first choice at the start of the season?

Did Graham have a side bet on getting booked in 44 min or what ?

Was like a man possessed chasing every Jags player in our half so much on 44 mins, that the 'ole' rang out from the stands, he was clearly looking for a booking in my opinion.

Would be well pissed if I was a Saints fan with that nonsense.

• Like 1

I thought we were generally okay today considering that a few of our best players are still injured. The ball just didn't fall for us in the box. On another day, with a tad more luck, we would have won by a couple. I thought Frans and Balatoni had good games and Osman and Bannigan controlled the midfield for long periods, particularly in the first half. Craigen was a perpetual motion machine; he never stopped running. What we're lacking, as the scoreline suggests, is that bit of creativity needed to cut through well-drilled defences. Lawless played well but when he receives the ball centrally he does have a habit of turning sideways or playing the ball out wide. We don't seem to play many through balls. Elliott was more direct but the final product wasn't there, apart from the time when he fouled the defender then curled it into the top corner!

So, not a bad performance and a game we would have won with a bit more luck.

• Like 4

I thought we were generally okay today considering that a few of our best players are still injured. The ball just didn't fall for us in the box. On another day, with a tad more luck, we would have won by a couple. I thought Frans and Balatoni had good games and Osman and Bannigan controlled the midfield for long periods, particularly in the first half. Craigen was a perpetual motion machine; he never stopped running. What we're lacking, as the scoreline suggests, is that bit of creativity needed to cut through well-drilled defences. Lawless played well but when he receives the ball centrally he does have a habit of turning sideways or playing the ball out wide. We don't seem to play many through balls. Elliott was more direct but the final product wasn't there, apart from the time when he fouled the defender then curled it into the top corner!

Damned with faint praise?

Totally agree with that. No harm done and we are a point better off than Motherwell after this weekends games.

I quite fancy us to go and get a result at Hamilton for some reason. Hopefully their spell is broken.

• Like 1