Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

First of all can I say congratulations to Jaggernaut; a whole year of great pictures have come and gone on this thread and although sometimes it's been frustrating as hell trying to recall players who played half a game for the Jags at one point. A big thank you from us all I'm sure.

Not sure if this has posted before or not but crikey who can remember all of these.

http://4twz0h.jpg

First of all can I say congratulations to Jaggernaut; a whole year of great pictures have come and gone on this thread and although sometimes it's been frustrating as hell trying to recall players who played half a game for the Jags at one point. A big thank you from us all I'm sure.

Not sure if this has posted before or not but crikey who can remember all of these.

http://4twz0h.jpg

Looks like they ran out of footballs and were playing with a giant coconut. Willie Sharp in background?

Congrats to Jagger and all who've posted pictures on this thread. :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Deffo Willie Sharp.

Firhill? Giant scoreboard for the dogs?

Airdrie? According to the Historical Kits website, Airdrie only wore black shorts for one season (1945-46) but Thistle didn't play them that season.

Looks a miserable day. Not much grass. Could be 17 March 1951 (2-0) or 8 December 1952 (5-2).

Assuming the other player is a forward, take your pick from O'Donnell, Glover, Cunningham, McCallum, Anderson etc etc etc

Anyone else want to run with this?????

Don't Think Irons is in the picture. Don't think he ever wore No2. It doesn't look like Bobby Law's hair.

Also, might McGlashin actually be Kinnaird?

Robertson, Farningham, Kinnaird, Shaw, 2, Rae?

No.2 is Malcolm Murray, as mentioned by Jaggernaut. You could be right about Kinnaird, but as McGlashan was a goalscorer I suspect it is him.

Not sure why Robertson & Murray were in the same team, unless Robertson played some games at left back

No.2 is Malcolm Murray, as mentioned by Jaggernaut. You could be right about Kinnaird, but as McGlashan was a goalscorer I suspect it is him.

Not sure why Robertson & Murray were in the same team, unless Robertson played some games at left back

I have it in my head Robertson occasionally played centre mid and Murray occasionally played left back.

In fact, I always thought he was brought in to cover an injury to The Don.

23191925709_a0b546d51f_o.jpg

John Gibson. I think the opposition is St Johnstone...their left back was Willie Coburn...was this the second leg of the League Cup Quarter Final, though that was an evening game? Might be the League Game against them the week before the League Cup Final.

Had a close look but don't see myself in the crowd.

Edited by Winter of '63
  • Like 1

John Gibson. I think the opposition is St Johnstone...their left back was Willie Coburn...was this the second leg of the League Cup Quarter Final, though that was an evening game? Might be the League Game against them the week before the League Cup Final.

Had a close look but don't see myself in the crowd.

Great photo, and great game if it's the one you think.