Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Re RN question above: I'm certain that's the same club crest that we have on our navy blue (Firhill) centenary shirts of 2009.

Really? Comparing pictures, it looks very different to me. That's why I was hoping there might be other pictures.

If I had my way we'd have a Thistle Museum with every shirt we've worn on display.

Not quite right. As far as I can see, Duffy's debut for St Johnstone was on 31 October 1964. He played for Thistle the previous Saturday.

Flanagan's debut for Thistle was almost a year later - 23 October 1965. A 3-4 defeat away to Dunfermline.

You are a treasure trove of Thistle information afk. I think I may have a question to stump you though..has there ever been a time when we haven't transferred our best players? Actually I probably know the answer and it's never!

I'm basically now out of old photos (apart from old 1980's press photos which are back home and so unavailable to scan). Nobody got anything interesting old newspaper cuttings or photos to share?

Loads of Pictures, Match Reports, Teamsheets etc in here nearly 3,700 but I'm always looking for help with contributions and help creating pages etc !!! Hint hint....

Also would anybody fancy writing pen-pics / bio's of players from the past ?

Yer man signed for Manchester City at the end of June 1935. Apparently, Scotland bred the most desireable hard-man centre halves - a must-have for any ambitious English club. Ten months later, the bold Robert had clocked up 30 appearances for them and was in possession of a League winners medal as Man City became champions of England for the first time!

Thanks for that, TJR!

Eddie Gallagher ''85-'86ish?

Dunno who the opposition is. Looks like an ad' for Asfield dugz in the background, which might give a clue to someone. Don't remember that ad' at Firhill. Pre-season firiendly in Possil maybe?

E.t.a. Apparently that top didn't appear till '87-'88. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Partick_Thistle/Partick_Thistle.htm

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Same here. My immediate reaction was that it was Jim Gallacher in goal. If so, that makes it Clydebank.

Background is no help. Don't recognise the adverts. It could be Kilbowie.

If the strip makes it season 1987-88 then unfortunately Thistle played Clydebank 6 times that season - 3 at home, 3 away and Eddie Gallagher played in all 6 of them.

If that's him scoring then it can only be 28 Nov (A), 20 Feb (A) or 23 Feb (H).

If not, it's 22 Aug (A), 3 Oct (H) or 27 Feb (H).

It's Eddie Gallager v Jim Gallacher and it looks to me like Firhill.

I'm sure we beat them 4-0 in a cup replay that season on way to quarter final defeat v Celtic. Could that be the February game mentioned?

I'm sure John McNaughton (think that was his name) scored a free kick with the outside of his right foot that night too.

has there ever been a time when we haven't transferred our best players? Actually I probably know the answer and it's never!

Well we never transferred Donnie MacKinnon or Davie McParland but that was probably because they were both such faithful servants neither of them could ever wear any other jersey! :clapping: :clapping:

Well we never transferred Donnie MacKinnon or Davie McParland but that was probably because they were both such faithful servants neither of them could ever wear any other jersey! :clapping: :clapping:

I was browsing some old Glasgow Heralds last night and saw an article (I think around 1958) that described a kind of crisis because four first team regulars, including McParland, had asked for transfers. It's our good fortune that no transfer ensued.

I was browsing some old Glasgow Heralds last night and saw an article (I think around 1958) that described a kind of crisis because four first team regulars, including McParland, had asked for transfers. It's our good fortune that no transfer ensued.

He`d have been quite young then and obviously got over that blip as he continued as a player with us till 1969 I think it was!