Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

He's fat... he's round... he bouncies off the ground.... Gordon Rae? .... :thinking:

There was another centre half at the time i'm thinking, who I can picture, but just cannae pluck the name out the ol' jaggy-bellum... :wall:

Jackpot!!

And it's Meadowbank; dismal.

ETA.... where I never saw us win in several attempts.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Jackpot!!

And it's Meadowbank; dismal.

ETA.... where I never saw us win in several attempts.

Hurray for me! :partyhat:

now... someone gotta help me out with this centre half.... late eighties..... not Mackin... not Rae.... not McGhie... not Peebles.....not kennedy... not Law..... not Scrimigour..... ..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhh .... played a whole season i'm sure.

Hurray for me! :partyhat:

now... someone gotta help me out with this centre half.... late eighties..... not Mackin... not Rae.... not McGhie... not Peebles.....not kennedy... not Law..... not Scrimigour..... ..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhh .... played a whole season i'm sure.

Players who have graced the No5 shirt (well most of them!) between 85-86 and 94-95. Take your pick CGMB...

Carson

Collins

Dempsey

Docherty

Duffy

Farningham

Jamieson

Kenedy

Law

Mackin

Maher

McAdam

McDonald

McGhie

McLaughlin

McVicar

Milne

Palin

Peebles

Rae

Scrimgeour

Spittal

Tierney

Walker

Watson G

Watson P

Welsh

Workman

Wright

Definitely Bone and Cunningham. Narrows it down to 4 Celtic games at Parkhead. Bone played in all 4 but Cunningham only 2...

17 August 1968 (0-4 League Cup)...in which case No 3 is Russell Brown. Only played 8 games and don't remember him.

or

15 March 1969 (0-1 League)...in which case No 3 is Dan McLindon.

Pitch looks lush. I'll go for August.

Definitely Bone and Cunningham. Narrows it down to 4 Celtic games at Parkhead. Bone played in all 4 but Cunningham only 2...

17 August 1968 (0-4 League Cup)...in which case No 3 is Russell Brown. Only played 8 games and don't remember him.

or

15 March 1969 (0-1 League)...in which case No 3 is Dan McLindon.

Pitch looks lush. I'll go for August.

You already answered this one in December and concluded it was the August match then.
  • Like 1

I can't recall that either. That's why I just guessed. Ignore the number and it certainly looks like him.

15th March 1969, McLindon at No. 3.

A surprise to me too, but he wore the No. 3 several times that season.

BUT, the hair doesn't look at all like McLindon, so like afk, I'm going for Russell Brown, who I don't remember at all.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Only one Jags player in this one, and easy to recognise if you're of a certain vintage.

Clue: This might just be a photo of what is undoubtedly the greatest ever goal scored by a Thistle player at Firhill!

GW430_13.jpg

pure guess here as before my time, but is it the very famous goal scored by Dan McLindon?