Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Great strip!

I'm only certain of: Back row: Donnie McKinnon; Front row: Joe McBride, Billy Hainey, Neil Duffy, Davie McParland.

Muir, Brown Freebairn(?) Wright, McKinnon Donlevy.

Smith,McBride, Hainey, Duffy and McParland

Might be wrong but goalie might be too slim to be Johnnie Freebairn.

Edited by Lindau

thought freebairn was broader because he was also a star on the highland games circuit. again, if you google him there is a nice article from 'the scotsman' in 2013. sorry, i can not add the link but 'freebairn...partick thistle...highland games' brings up the page

Yeah my memory of John is that he fairly filled the goal, though maybe not as much as Tubby Ogston the old Aberdeen goalie!!

at the opposite end of the spectrum was jocky roberston of third lanark (whom i will forever remember as 'jimmy clitheroe in a woolly polo-neck') who stood a diminutive 5'5". he must have been a brave man because goalies were not granted a private exclusion zone in those days

he was our no.3 behind tommy ledgerwood and john freebairn. if you google fred renucci there is an evening times article dated 1959 when he asked for a transfer due to limited 1st team appearances

Never heard of him. My dad started taking me to games when I was 2, so I have been told, and Freebairn is the first jags goalkeeper that I can remember. Probably saw TL but he hasn't stuck in the memory. That team is one of my earliest jags team memories....and what a team it was! What year was that Stu....early 60s?

at the opposite end of the spectrum was jocky roberston of third lanark (whom i will forever remember as 'jimmy clitheroe in a woolly polo-neck') who stood a diminutive 5'5". he must have been a brave man because goalies were not granted a private exclusion zone in those days

Yip. One of my earliest away memories was seeing this tiny figure in goals at Cathkin Park. Even in those days when most guys werent giants, wee Jockie was exceptionally small.....probably one of the smallest ever pro goalies!

Edited by Lindau

Never heard of him. My dad started taking me to games when I was 2, so I have been told, and Freebairn is the first jags goalkeeper that I can remember. Probably saw TL but he hasn't stuck in the memory. That team is one of my earliest jags team memories....and what a team it was! What year was that Stu....early 60s?

I reckon it was taken before a league cup tie vs. St Johnstone at Firhill, August 1961.