Just In

simoncordiner

Indeed. The objective shouldn't be to have a good team, just a team that's better than 2 others. Logic that has served St. Mirren well for years.

Not what I said. I think we should be aiming as high a possible and I think we're good enough to be looking up the table. But the very fact that we're thinking that way is a good sign, and e looked a better team than Kilmarnock today without playing well. So I'm just seeing some positives and not feeling too gloomy

Such a frustrating game to watch. Can't believe that Archie was watching the same game. Why not put dools on and keep Stevenson on?

That game was winnable yet his negative subs cost us the points.

Well I say cost us the points his original selection I feel could also have done that.

How james craigen actually gets near the first team yet alone completes 90 mins week in week out is beyond me. He must have some dirt on Archie. The guy is not a footballer in his wildest dreams. One of the most useless players Iv ever watched. Constant anonymous performances, hiding behind defenders, bricking It from tackles and giving the ball away when he does get it. A horrible excuse for a footballer and hopefully himself and Archie realise that because when he is in the team its like playing with 10 men. Offers absolutely nothing.

Couldn't understand why we decided that when there was a forward pass on we would pass it bak three times and then try make the forward pass or a hopeful punt up the park.

Very poor performance from the whole team and people wonder why the scottish game is on its a*se paying £22 for that is a joke.

Thought that was a dreadful game of football from if I'm honest two average teams, the entertainment and I'm using that word loosely is absolutely shocking ( think in the last 2 SPFL games I've seen Thistle have about 3 shots on goal).

Going with 1 forward upfront , we're now becoming easy to play against as teams have sussed out if they match up in midfield they'll nullify us . Higgy spent the whole game cutting inside and the only real width we had was SOD bombing forward.

Archie has made us harder to beat , but definitely less entertaining to watch .

Is the only criteria staying in the SPFL ? , we've definitely got talented players but the system we play stifles their abilities.

Stevenson didn't score therefore was ineffective. Really unfair, he did everything asked of him and made several very good potential assists.

Potential assists? By that you mean passing or flicking the ball to players that weren't there. What I meant was that compared to last week, he wasn't as effective. But he wasn't the only one.

I thought the first half we played really well, Elliott and SOD linked up really well, especially for Elliott's through balls for SODs over laps.

Carroll was really poor, night and day from last Saturday.

seaborne and Conrad looked good.

Osman worked his arse off covering for Banzo who wasn't there at all, until he went to left back and was outstanding.

Craigan was really poor, and has been for a few weeks.

Higgy is nowhere near match fit, probably 3 more games off.

I thought Stevenson again looked good, worked hard supporting Elliott and Higgy but didn't actually get any support from anyone in the team.

Fraser nowhere near fit either and brought nothing to the game. Doolan didn't really do much from my view point in the North Stand. Lawless looked lively but ineffective.

Special mention to the ref who went out of his way to ruin the flow of the game at every opportunity and to Killie who time wasted, dived and fouled their way to a point.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

It's our second season in the SPFL and I really think we should be doing better. That Killie team was there for the beating today. Our lack of attacking prowess is a real worry. Don't want to sound to negative but i don't see a great deal of progression from last season.

It's our second season in the SPFL and I really think we should be doing better. That Killie team was there for the beating today. Our lack of attacking prowess is a real worry. Don't want to sound to negative but i don't see a great deal of progression from last season.

If you think it's that easy to just progress, progress, progress, year on year in the premiership, then you don't really know the Premiership.

• Like 2

Anyone ever seen a worse free kick ever than gary frasers near the end? Lacking composure somewhat. Take your time gazza please.

Anyone sensible could have called a 1-1 draw today, two teams similar in style and form. Can't agree more with whats been said Archie's subs still confuse me. We are looking to win a game but yet again we take off like for like for every sub (although bannigan is our best midfielder).

1-1 78 mins replace stevenson (who played ok) with Doolan, how about taking off craigen or Elliott and actually going for a win Archie?? With playing two up front. He must be sh*t at champ manager.

Anyone ever seen a worse free kick ever than gary frasers near the end? Lacking composure somewhat. Take your time gazza please.

Anyone sensible could have called a 1-1 draw today, two teams similar in style and form. Can't agree more with whats been said Archie's subs still confuse me. We are looking to win a game but yet again we take off like for like for every sub (although bannigan is our best midfielder).

1-1 78 mins replace stevenson (who played ok) with Doolan, how about taking off craigen or Elliott and actually going for a win Archie?? With playing two up front. He must be sh*t at champ manager.

The Stevo/Dools swap was daft. The problem wasn't that Stevo was tired or missing chances... He wasn't getting the service.

So why bring on someone in the same position, who would also get no service?

The Stevo/Dools swap was daft. The problem wasn't that Stevo was tired or missing chances... He wasn't getting the service.

Exactly, Doolan did as much as he could when he came on but u have ur best creative midfielder bannigan (IMO) at left back and the other (higgy although poor today) been subbed who's gonna set the chance up? Conrad or Danny with their centre half dinks?

Archie looks as if he's turning into a "safe manager" , there must become a time in the game especially at home when we actually try to win the match , whether that's pushing on an extra forward or telling a midfielder to get beyond the front player/s.

Last two games against a weakened Aberdeen and a poor Kilmarnock team who've lost their last 7 games we've amassed 1 home point. IMO both these games were there to be won if we had adopted a more adventurous approach.

• Like 2

I'm bored with 1 up front, especially in games against the likes of Killie and St Midden.

We could have had all 3 points today if the manager had been a bit braver and gone for it.

Footballs meant to be entertaining, not humdrum.

No wonder the league doesn't have a sponsor.

• Like 1

I'm bored with 1 up front, especially in games against the likes of Killie and St Midden.

We could have had all 3 points today if the manager had been a bit braver and gone for it.

Footballs meant to be entertaining, not humdrum.

No wonder the league doesn't have a sponsor.

Summed up very well. This one striker business (bearing in mind it's not even Stevo's natural position) is doing my freaking head in. Lyle Taylor showed last year the speed, muscle, endeavour and good positional sense, that a striker should have. Stevo was playing so much out of the middle today, there was no natural attacker of the ball in the last third. How many times do we need to see SOD or Higgy crossing a ball into an empty penalty box (or worse, to Craigen) before we start changing our tactics? Archie needs to start playing Ryan behind Doolan, immediately. If he wants to play one up front at away games and rely on a counter attack, fill your boots. I understand that. But we should be trying to win these type of home games like today and we couldn't shoot fish in a barrel. The players can only take so much responsibility when the manager plays a totally out of his depth Craigen, AGAIN!, instead of a more creative player like Lawless or Doolan. Archie needs to start playing the best 11 players we have and stop being scared of losing. With a bit more ambition up front, I'm certain we would have beaten Killie today. Our top scorers are on 2 goals. For the whole season. That tells it's own tale. C'mon Archie. Let's get 2 up front at home games at least. Please..

• Like 4

There are positives if we're being serious. We dominated possession and didn't look like losing and we're accumulating points more easily than those below us. If consolidating premier status is objective then today was a decent day. But it was frustrating to watch and we can certainly play better.

Agree pretty much with all of that. I can't believe the guys who are having a go at the team when we all know that Fraser isn't fit enough yet to play a full game and the likes of HIggy needs time to get back to his best.

Yes we should be beating Killie - a team low on confidence having lost 5 in a row. And I firmly believe that we should play 2 up front and be more adventurous.

But if you're happy watching powderpuff tippy tappy boring unimaginative guff and drawing with one often he worst teams in the league then fair enough.

But some of us would like to be entertained and have a bit more ambition.