Freddie

Blues Brother

kni's 100% correct; it would have been crazy, indeed, not to have signed him up. on what we've seen of the lad, i am stunned that anyone should question it in any way

Agree, from what I've seen he's head and shoulders above anyone we've had at centre back for many a day. Simirarly, can't quite anyone being negative towards him, to be honest. Buy ,hey its a football forum and everyones entitled to their own opinion.

Agree, from what I've seen he's head and shoulders above anyone we've had at centre back for many a day. Simirarly, can't quite anyone being negative towards him, to be honest. Buy ,hey its a football forum and everyones entitled to their own opinion.

Go along with that but you just know there'll be folk on here getting all hot and bothered if Archie can't strengthen in other areas next month. For instance I wouldn't be too surprised if Carroll's loan is extended (always assuming it's a low cost deal he's on). Even if Frans's extension deal is not a biggy money wise we've almost certainly had relatively poor turnover so far this season. Could be the kitty is near empty.

Go along with that but you just know there'll be folk on here getting all hot and bothered if Archie can't strengthen in other areas next month. For instance I wouldn't be too surprised if Carroll's loan is extended (always assuming it's a low cost deal he's on). Even if Frans's extension deal is not a biggy money wise we've almost certainly had relatively poor turnover so far this season. Could be the kitty is near empty.

This is a great piece of business.

With Freddie coming in, we're pretty much sound at the back.

Carroll's decent - certainly has been in the three games I've seen him in, so keep him.

The funds that are left (assuming there are any) should be focussed on improving the strike force. Ryan Stevenson was not and is not an up-top striker, although he's adapted well in the last month.

No idea why Archie doesn't fancy Dools - I'd have thought that Dools up top and Stevo in the hole would suit both, and would suit our style of play.

But in Archie I trust.

Fair points but La Scimmia Rossa and Dark Passenger told us that Richards-Everton, Eccleston and Carroll were able replacements for Piccolo, Taylor and ATS. They excoriated anyone, including myself, who was sceptical. Significantly, We have heard very little from them on those signings since.

LSR, however, returned and trolled us when Stevenson scored his first competitive goals a mere six months after signing for the club. I am pleased that Stevenson is now making a valuable contribution but we should be sceptical of their hype and spin.

By contrast, Frans has proved that he can improve our central defence hugely. Bizarrely, Lenziejag remains unconvinced and LSR and DP remain silent on his recruitment! They must have their own agenda(s)

As I stated earlier, Eccleston should be given every chance to prove himself. Carroll improved in November but we may have other options in January. Hopefully, our management will be able to add more players who can bring similar qualities/abilities to those Frans.

Correct ....Frans and Seaborne way better than aero and Conrad

• Members

Fair points but La Scimmia Rossa and Dark Passenger told us that Richards-Everton, Eccleston and Carroll were able replacements for Piccolo, Taylor and ATS. They excoriated anyone, including myself, who was sceptical. Significantly, We have heard very little from them on those signings since.

LSR, however, returned and trolled us when Stevenson scored his first competitive goals a mere six months after signing for the club. I am pleased that Stevenson is now making a valuable contribution but we should be sceptical of their hype and spin.

By contrast, Frans has proved that he can improve our central defence hugely. Bizarrely, Lenziejag remains unconvinced and LSR and DP remain silent on his recruitment! They must have their own agenda(s)

As I stated earlier, Eccleston should be given every chance to prove himself. Carroll improved in November but we may have other options in January. Hopefully, our management will be able to add more players who can bring similar qualities/abilities to those Frans.

As a matter of interest kni, how many times have you seen any of these players in the flesh this season?

No. You said Eccleston deserves a chance. I don't know what you meant by that.

I wasn't at Parkhead but assuming he was OK then Carroll has had only three other decent enough games (twice against Aberdeen and once against Accies). I think he's adequate cover for McMillan, nothing more.

Sorry to hear about your excoriation. It couldn't have been pleasant :)

No. You said Eccleston deserves a chance. I don't know what you meant by that.

I wasn't at Parkhead but assuming he was OK then Carroll has had only three other decent enough games (twice against Aberdeen and once against Accies). I think he's adequate cover for McMillan, nothing more.

Sorry to hear about your excoriation. It couldn't have been pleasant :)

No need to to feel sorry. Excoriation is much more pleasant than being arrested for shop lifting. :happy2:

You are missing what I am saying. I have said that when he has played we have been more solid - that isn't in doubt. I think that it is too early to elevate him to our saviour. After all, in the time he has been with us, he has missed more games than he has played

You are missing what I am saying. I have said that when he has played we have been more solid - that isn't in doubt. I think that it is too early to elevate him to our saviour. After all, in the time he has been with us, he has missed more games than he has played

I am not elevating him to our saviour, just recognising Frans' vital contribution at a key point in the season. The stats speak for themselves. The competition for places should sharpen up Balatoni, Muirhead and (when he returns in January) Richards-Everton. For the record, I hope that BRE proves to be a great signing.

Btw, I was also congratulating the management for securing Frans on an 18 month extension. If we had not signed him up this month, other clubs could been after him. His media interviews indicate that he loves the club and the fans. Yet we have heard nothing from LSR or DP since he committed his future to the club. Work that one out!

His media interviews indicate that he loves the club and the fans.

I suppose it doesn't count as a media interview but his half time interview at the Killie game was hilariously awful thanks to his one word passionless answers. A legitimate highlight of the season for me.