The New South Stand

kji7

Anybody been to Lochburn park and been in this "stand?" It looks like it could be thrown together on the cheap. Why doesn't the club do that on the bing, put in a couple of port-a-loos, and offer those seats for 15 quid?

maryhill04.jpg

I don't think there is a need for it, however it would be good for the club to know the price of a temporary move like this as there may one day be a sequence of important matches that mean it would be beneficial. It's not very likely though.

It was a crime that the old south terrace was demolished. Some new toilets and a small cantilever roof over would not have broke the bank and we would have had a cracking atmospheric old school terrace and an answer to the ugly sisters segregation problem.

• Like 1

It was a crime that the old south terrace was demolished. Some new toilets and a small cantilever roof over would not have broke the bank and we would have had a cracking atmospheric old school terrace and an answer to the ugly sisters segregation problem.

Is terracing (for standing) allowed in the Premiership?

Yes, the old seating rules were scrapped. I can't remember what the exact figure is but it's something like 500 covered seats as a minimum and terracing is allowed subject to having a safety certificate.

Yes, the old seating rules were scrapped. I can't remember what the exact figure is but it's something like 500 covered seats as a minimum and terracing is allowed subject to having a safety certificate.

I didn't know that. Does any club in the Premiership have a standing area?

If Queen of the South get promoted they would be the first. I know a number of clubs would like to introduce safe standing areas but cost is a major factor for most clubs so they are reluctant to spend money they don't need to at the moment. Celtic are very keen but have been refused by the Police and diddies handing out the safety certificates. I am told this is because Celtic have not adequately stated how they are going to control the crowd, particularly the green brigade, in standing areas.

Edited by kji7

Anybody been to Lochburn park and been in this "stand?" It looks like it could be thrown together on the cheap. Why doesn't the club do that on the bing, put in a couple of port-a-loos, and offer those seats for 15 quid?

maryhill04.jpg

That's my Gran's old house in the background!

That's my Gran's old house in the background!

Made me think back to my days living not far from Lochburn, and the disused railway tunnel that ran from near your granny's house and brought you out at the 6th hole of Ruchill golf course. Been through it in the dark a few times, for a dare. The daft things you would do as a schoolboy.

Apologies for thread diversion.

• 2 months later...

The Warriors appear to be getting things right at Scotstoun:

http://www.eveningti...asgow_Warriors/

The Warriors are backed by the Scottish Rugby Union and on top of that they are the big Rugby side in the west of Scotland, so get big crowds (for a rugby side). In other words they have plenty of money and with their involvement in European Rugby they will find it easy to fill the new stand.

I don't think I need to explain how we are different.

I didn't know that. Does any club in the Premiership have a standing area?

Do the celtic have a standing area now?

Some might say they've had one for ages with that mob of rehearsed singers with their camp cabaret numbers.

I'd love a new South stand and it should definitely be named after John lambie -can you think of anyone who has done more for any one club?

Some might say they've had one for ages with that mob of rehearsed singers with their camp cabaret numbers.

I'd love a new South stand and it should definitely be named after John lambie -can you think of anyone who has done more for any one club?

Robert Reid?

Matt Busby?

Oh, and as long as you include harm, Ally McCoist has certainly done a lot for yon new club.

• Like 2

Dougie McCrea?

• Like 1