Stevenson, Osman, Fraser, Seabourne, O'donnell

Big Col

Gallagher

O'Donnell Seabourne Frans Elliott

Bannigan Craigen

Lawless Stevenson Higginbotham

Taylor

Or something similar. Maybe Balatoni for Seabourne.

And tell them that's the team for two games barring injuries or suspensions, and it's their jersey to lose. I'm concerned that we now have quite a large squad of players of similar standing, and Archie's been trying too hard to keep them all happy, possibly with little success.

So in a thread last week you're praising the manger for building a squad.

This week you're saying he's trying too hard to keep them happy!!

Still baffled as to why anyone thinks Ryan's a disruptive influence.

well the poster called for Stevenson to be paid off last October in some posts- if he had got his way I'd argue we would be bottom of the league now if he had.

Seaborne was my player of the year up until December - yesterday he reached a low as a partick thistle captain trying to get himself sent off and grinning at conceding a penalty was a disgrace. This is what I would call disruptive yet the same poster has no criticism of this and lays the blame for the last few weeks at stevensons door - I'm really baffled as well

To me there is something mysterious about Seaborne as well. How many times has Archie given doubtful players out in his Friday preview with no mention of Seaborne, only for him not to appear on a Saturday with no explanation? Then on Friday we were told Seaborne was doubtful, SSN reported yesterday morning that he was out, only for him to appear leading the team out. I know people might say its Archie not giving the opposing team a heads up, but this only ever appears to happen with Seaborne. Just find the whole thing bizarre!

To me there is something mysterious about Seaborne as well. How many times has Archie given doubtful players out in his Friday preview with no mention of Seaborne, only for him not to appear on a Saturday with no explanation? Then on Friday we were told Seaborne was doubtful, SSN reported yesterday morning that he was out, only for him to appear leading the team out. I know people might say its Archie not giving the opposing team a heads up, but this only ever appears to happen with Seaborne. Just find the whole thing bizarre!

I mentioned this a few weeks ago & again was shouted down by certain posters- some now conspicuous by their absence.

The amount of one game/one week injuries he's had suggested to me at that point he wasn't always up for it.

Yesterday's performance from him was nothing short of disgraceful imo. Captain as well!!

I mentioned this a few weeks ago & again was shouted down by certain posters- some now conspicuous by their absence.

The amount of one game/one week injuries he's had suggested to me at that point he wasn't always up for it.

Yesterday's performance from him was nothing short of disgraceful imo. Captain as well!!

The whole thing stinks. Who decides if he plays or not? It doesn't look like Seabourne wanted to play yesterday and he let AA know.

I would say a number of players, possibly led by the captain don't have any respect for Archibald and will no longer play for him.

If that is the case we might as well start preparing for life in the Championship.

It doesn't make it any better for the fans when the club's press officer is this guy-

07-minister.jpg

Stevenson had a bad game (by his standards) but at least tried, Osmans head and confidence is gone he needs removing till he sorts it out, Frans wasn't interested we'd be better with Gabby who at least tried, Odonnel is obviously seeing out time till his move to LaLeaga he can see that time out in the U20s, Seabourne was a disgrace and should never get near the armband again, Ballatoni to replace him for next few weeks, Fraser needs a reality check back to the U20s and bring Craigan in.

I want to see a team of players who care about this team and too many don't. I'd go with

Gallagher

Elliot

Ballatoni

Lynsey

A left back

Banzo

Craigan

McDaid

Stevo

Doolan

Taylor

I'll take a battling 2-1 defeat over that crap yesterday

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 2

So in a thread last week you're praising the manger for building a squad.

This week you're saying he's trying too hard to keep them happy!!

Yeah, so what? I don't know if I did, I obviously don't track my posts as closely as you do.

But I don't see the contradiction. A strong squad is a good thing to have, but it adds new challenges and that's all I'm saying. I do think that, regardless of squad strength, a settled team is also a good thing to have.

Yeah, so what? I don't know if I did, I obviously don't track my posts as closely as you do.

But I don't see the contradiction. A strong squad is a good thing to have, but it adds new challenges and that's all I'm saying. I do think that, regardless of squad strength, a settled team is also a good thing to have.

Eh?

So you agree a squad is a good thing except when it isn't?

Don't track your posts closely mate, it was on a thread that was bumped today, that was what reminded me.

Plenty on here to monitor posts. I'm not one.

Just to be clear, I'm saying:

- A strong squad is an asset

- It's good to have a settled team

These things are not mutually exclusive, but it just has to be managed properly, and it does provide a new dimension to the manager's job.

But to me they are both obvious and fairly uncontroversial statements. Are you saying that one of these statements isn't true?

Edited by allyo

These things are not mutually exclusive, but it just has to be managed properly, and it does provide a new dimension to the manager's job.

But to me they are both obvious and fairly uncontroversial statements. Are you saying that one of these statements isn't true?

So you're saying the manager isn't capable of managing it properly?

last week you told people to calm down and the time for panicking would be if we were beaten by Ross county. Are you worried yet?

Everybody's 100% entitled to their opinion. I can assure you all that yet again I was numb with disappointment having watched my Jags fail to turn up. The drive south was horrible, and I'm still empty inside.

BUT, it must be over 40 years since I entered the ground blind to the possibility that we might just be rotten on the day and not rip the opposition apart. Things are sub-wonderful right now at the hallowed ground; not too often that we lose a spate of games on the trot like this. But, this is Thistle - it's in the fans' terms of reference. We've come back strong from bigger slumps and, due to a bit of good fortune, we're not actually that badly placed in the table.

Whatever is going on in the management and players' heads, they need us and, unless we're thinking of retiring from following the Thistle, we need them too. This isn't meant to be a rallying call (that would be futile), just a plea for some to remember who we actually are: PTFC and always proud of it, no matter how bad things get.

• Like 7

So you're saying the manager isn't capable of managing it properly?

No. I said he may be struggling with this. Doesn't make him clueless, nor is he flawless. You really seem to see everything in black and white don't you. So you think that I'm an 'Archie lover', so that if I say anything that may question his absolute brilliance then you've caught me out. Well it's not like that. I'll judge the manager and the players on what I see, not some preconceived agenda which determines my view on every situation

• Like 1

last week you told people to calm down and the time for panicking would be if we were beaten by Ross county. Are you worried yet?

I don't think I said that but you can quote me if you like. I don't really see what panicking would achieve and am confused by not only peoples eagerness to do so, but also to their wish to encourage others to get involved. I'm concerned, of course. We're on a bad run, but in a decent position. As long as the team gets a grip, and doesn't descend into the panic we've on here, then they're capable of putting it right. I don't think Hibs achieved what they did last season with calm heads and self belief.

• Like 1

No. I said he may be struggling with this. Doesn't make him clueless, nor is he flawless. You really seem to see everything in black and white don't you. So you think that I'm an 'Archie lover', so that if I say anything that may question his absolute brilliance then you've caught me out. Well it's not like that. I'll judge the manager and the players on what I see, not some preconceived agenda which determines my view on every situation

Where did I say you were an 'Archie lover'? Feel free to quote where I said that!

Unsure what you mean by a 'preconceived agenda'. Who or what do you refer to?

I don't think I said that but you can quote me if you like. I don't really see what panicking would achieve and am confused by not only peoples eagerness to do so, but also to their wish to encourage others to get involved. I'm concerned, of course. We're on a bad run, but in a decent position. As long as the team gets a grip, and doesn't descend into the panic we've on here, then they're capable of putting it right.I don't think Hibs achieved what they did last season with calm heads and self belief.

Or more plausibly the Hibs players had misplaced belief that they were already safe with their points barrier, and that made them lackadaisical until it was too late.

I certainly didn't expect them to finish 11th with almost a 1/3 of the season to go.

Seeing that action needs to be take doesn't mean that everyone is panicking.

Where did I say you were an 'Archie lover'? Feel free to quote where I said that!

Unsure what you mean by a 'preconceived agenda'. Who or what do you refer to?

No idea whether you said it, I just get the feeling that it may be the perception of me.

And by "preconceived agenda" I mean a situation where I'd be blinded from reality by an overwhelming bias which doesn't allow me to see things rationally, or on their merits. I don't believe I suffer from this, as some (maybe you?) may believe I do.

Anyway, we obviously disagree about some things. Maybe we should agree to differ.

Or more plausibly the Hibs players had misplaced belief that they were already safe with their points barrier, and that made them lackadaisical until it was too late.

I certainly didn't expect them to finish 11th with almost a 1/3 of the season to go.

Seeing that action needs to be take doesn't mean that everyone is panicking.

That may be the case, but whether it's more plausible, I'm not so sure. I still hold that confidence is massive, in any sport (in fact throughout life), and it is generally the most common cause of a form slump, even when players look like they're not trying. I may be wrong, of course. It's just what I think.

And of course there's a difference between seeing that action has to be taken, and panicking. You have thought that action has to be taken for a long time, so I wouldn't accuse you of panicking (just persistent negativity maybe?). I wouldn't attempt to talk you down, but I don't agree with you.

But there are definitely people panicking.

I'm panicking, yeah. We've one win in 11 with absolutely pathetic performances from a number of usually very good players. Just don't see where the upturn in fortunes is going to come from, but I hope we manage to find something.

Lyle Taylor is the only one due any real credit, and the next man I'd trust to put in a top performance for this club and get us out of the mire plays in his position (Dooooooolan).

I'm panicking, yeah. We've one win in 11 with absolutely pathetic performances from a number of usually very good players. Just don't see where the upturn in fortunes is going to come from, but I hope we manage to find something.

Lyle Taylor is the only one due any real credit, and the next man I'd trust to put in a top performance for this club and get us out of the mire plays in his position (Dooooooolan).

There could be more panic on the streets come 5.00pm next Saturday with all our 3 rivals playing at home with potentially winnable games

Edited by Lindau