Mcnamara

Lindau

who cares?

Well seeing as he is a manager in the division we play in, I certainly have an interest. Each to his own. Anyway Jim Spence has posted this

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence 16s16 seconds ago

Loads of you asking so, @dundeeunitedfc chairman says no truth in any rumours re manager. However, football often has a surprise in store

I wasn't being flippant and have no axe to grind against him, but it's as relevant as Tommy Wright or Derek McInnes quitting as far as I'm concerned

Without knowing for definite, would imagine most of the teams around us still have Dundee Und to play before the split, whereas we don't, so it could be relevant. Change in manager could kick start their season, or they could go into freefall.

Wouldn't surprise me if he left a top SPFL team to go to a p**s poor outfit in England just as long as they pay that bit more. He is the type of bloke that I have no time for, he is clearly self absorbent and has no loyalty to anyone. Hope he goes we'll probably never here from him or his side kick again.

• Like 3

I suspect his long term ambitions lie (or lay) in managing Celtic. He might've seen Deila as not being up to the job, and lurked quietly in the background awaiting Deila's rapid failure to please the green cave faithful. Deila, in the event, acquits himself reasonably well, or arguably better than adequately, Snakey's head goes down and, for the time being, considers options outside of Scotland.

I don't have a clue whether that bears any resemblance to the reality of the situation; just whiling the time away.

Not true according to Jim Spence

https://twitter.com/...128358231879680

Just spoken to Jackie McNamara. He says rumours that he is leaving are nonsense. He's looking forward to a cup final and is going nowhere

i remember judas ratnamara saying exact same thing twenty five months ago (when we were second in league and had challenge cup final to come).

it would be rather amusing and almost poetic, if the rat did in fact jump ship this week, with his last game as snake united boss being a two nil defeat to us.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...