Searches At The North Stand

the turning tide

They asked the guy in front of me if he minded being searched as if it was an option and he said he did mind being searched .They then asked him to stand to the side and wait .He then agreed to being searched to get in.

They then asked me if I had any bottles or drinks on me and let me through without a search.

Don't know WTF it was all about.

I'm a JH punter, and there's no searching there, apart from a look into bags.

I always hated being searched like a criminal at other grounds, mainly Dens and

McDiarmid.

Doesn't happen there any more so why at Firhill now?

Not great PR, and not needed outside of the (former) OF.

What is this all about? Last four or five games I've been to, everyone has been searched going into the North Stand - doesn't happen at any other ground - matchday experience is already dismal at Firhill and this seems an unnecessary addition.

A strange one. You usually associate searches, usually random at that, with visiting fans. Anyone know if away fans have been routinely searched over the same period? Not that there's any "high profile" matches these days (bar Celtic) but games against the likes of County and St Johnstone are about as low risk as you get. You wouldn't think home fans would be searched and not visiting fans.

Everyone going into the Northy got searched yesterday, including kids. To be honest it wasn't exactly the most thorough of searches I've ever had but it still seems a bit much. To be fair to the stewards I've always found them polite and friendly this season and they are probably under orders.

The guy in front of me in the queue at Tannadice a couple of weeks ago was frisked by a steward as we approached the turnstile. I was curious and thought about posting at the time whether any budding lawyers on here know if a bloke in a high viz vest has the legal right to do this. If so, under what authority? (I can't recall if the steward asked if the guy agreed to being searched.) If the "friskee" refuses, what happens next?

The guy in front of me in the queue at Tannadice a couple of weeks ago was frisked by a steward as we approached the turnstile. I was curious and thought about posting at the time whether any budding lawyers on here know if a bloke in a high viz vest has the legal right to do this. If so, under what authority? (I can't recall if the steward asked if the guy agreed to being searched.) If the "friskee" refuses, what happens next?

Just read the terms and conditions on the back of my ticket from yesterday, as i thought it is part of the conditions for entering Firhill that you may be searched and come under the "Criminal Law (consolidation) (Scotland) act 1995 " this can be as i said found on the back of each ticket No 6 under the heading, *warning* so yes it is legal and any person carrying out that search must i would think must have his/her SIA licence.

Whilst it might be legal it's strange a 'club policy' is only applied to a specific stand. Being a JH regular I've never been searched going into a game.

Maybe worth contacting the club and obtaining a reason as to why this the policy/ law is applied only for certain supporters.

Whilst it might be legal it's strange a 'club policy' is only applied to a specific stand. Being a JH regular I've never been searched going into a game.

Maybe worth contacting the club and obtaining a reason as to why this the policy/ law is applied only for certain supporters.

I have seen people searched going into the JH but it may have been police Scotland that said it would happen this time and would think the option to search is with all clubs not just thistle. if it is anything like where i work if you refused to be searched you could be denied entry, as by buying the ticket you are agreeing to this condition.

Also something that I've noticed in recent weeks. Not everyone going into the NS is been searched, the stewards seem to ignore the older supporters. However this is topical as at a time that the Police Scotland stop and search policy has come under criticism in the media and is being considered by the Scottish Government we now have fans being frisked at Firhill. A statement from the club would be welcome...

Also something that I've noticed in recent weeks. Not everyone going into the NS is been searched, the stewards seem to ignore the older supporters. However this is topical as at a time that the Police Scotland stop and search policy has come under criticism in the media and is being considered by the Scottish Government we now have fans being frisked at Firhill. A statement from the club would be welcome...

Why?

Jaggybunnet, I'd like to know the circumstances that justify this approach on searches. It sees strange to be enforcing this at a time when stop and search in the wider society is controversial. The club and or police may have good reason to conduct searches but in the absence of any explanation we are all in the dark.

This is concerning. People in front of me were searched, but I nipped through the (no queue) season ticket turnstile and managed to avoid a search. Does this mean that contrary to my youthful appearance I have now been classified as an older supporter who can safely be ignored? Should I be insisting on being searched to preserve my streetcred?