Jaggernaut

I read that last Saturday's game was the 150th match for Conrad as a Thistle player. I think that most people would agree that he's currently on excellent form. Hopefully this good form can last and he'll make it to more than 200 appearances, thereby qualifying for a future Hall of Fame induction!

• Like 1

The big fella is playing excellently at the moment. Thought when Seaborne and Frans were signed up, that he was going to be a bit part player, but certainly at the moment he is definitely our No1 central defender.

Thought the same, Seaborne and Frans looked like being the boys when signed and perhaps are still first choice pairing in Archie's head but Balatoni stays in on form and deservedly so, even if seaborne is fit I'd keep conrad in..he is prone to a wee mistake now and again and sometimes gives the ball away when he doesn't need to but last time I checked we didn't have the budget to sign top players who may have less mistakes in them..

I like the lad and not sure he will be with us next season so happy he is in and playing well.

He's also a threat in the oppsitiono box. He gets on the end of a lot of set-pieces, misses loads, but I make it 12 goals in his Jags career to date. Pretty good rate for a defender.

^^^^^ agree with this and posts about conrad being ahead of seaborne on merit now.

good to see him proving many knickerwetting doubters wrong, as are players like craigen, elliott and banzo who has dragged himself off the scrapheap of his virtually over career.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 7

^^^^^ agree with this and posts about conrad being ahead of seaborne on merit now.

good to see him proving many knickerwetting doubters wrong, as are players like craigen, elliott and banzo who has dragged himself off the scrapheap of his virtually over career.

The Bannigan 'Lazarus rising from the dead'is particularly astonishing.

Partick Thistle means a lot to me - I’ve taken it to my heart.

I’m from Edinburgh but they were the first club to give me a chance when I left Hearts.

Thistle have made me the man I am today – on and off the park.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-defender-conrad-balatoni-5421468

• Like 2

Partick Thistle means a lot to me - I’ve taken it to my heart.

I’m from Edinburgh but they were the first club to give me a chance when I left Hearts.

Thistle have made me the man I am today – on and off the park.”

http://www.dailyreco...alatoni-5421468

Good article mate, Though understandably it maybe took him a while to settle into SPL football, he is a great servant to the club and becoming a very important player for us in the SPL as well as when we were in the first divison, as another poster said also has chipped in with some very vital goals. Partick Thistle means a great deal to him as have seen him say in similar articles over the last couple of years. Would hope we can offer him a new 2 year deal or something. Still young player and can only get even better
  • Like 1

Good article mate, Though understandably it maybe took him a while to settle into SPL football, he is a great servant to the club and becoming a very important player for us in the SPL as well as when we were in the first divison, as another poster said also has chipped in with some very vital goals. Partick Thistle means a great deal to him as have seen him say in similar articles over the last couple of years. Would hope we can offer him a new 2 year deal or something. Still young player and can only get even better

Agreed.

• Members

Ever since Conrad first came here his form has improved as the season has gone on. He always seems to start of poorly and ends up one of the best performers towards the end of the season. Maybe a fitness thing? He is able to maintain and boost his fitness right through the season whilst others fitness tails off as the end of the season gets nearer?

• 2 weeks later...