Scotzine Article

ian_mac

I took Thistle to champions league victory 3 seasons in a row, only 7 years after taking the job on "sensible soccer" in 1997. If I can do that while working a full time job and getting oot ma nut at the weekends then, to me, this is clear evidence that Archie is under achieving and letting us down.

What he ought to do is blow all his budget on one superstar player who can run faster, has better control, shooting accuracy and power than everyone else in the league and always pass to him. Trevor Sinclair was my key signing at £1million, but prior to that coming up through the leagues David Biyela from the Kaiser chiefs and Palle Sorenson for some obscure Danish mob also provided this service at a combined £300,000.

With most matches finishing at around a quarter to 5 it's hard not to think about what's for tea. However, perhaps if Archie made reservations or placed his order prior to kick off he would be able to shout and wave his arms about, as that is more condusive to thoughtful football analysis and players always respond better to a rant.

I also think that growing one's hair is a bad idea. The short back and sand paper look is more intimidating and will create a more disciplined atmosphere amongst playing staff and make the opposition realise we are a no nonsense outfit.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 2

I took Thistle to champions league victory 3 seasons in a row, only 7 years after taking the job on "sensible soccer" in 1997. If I can do that while working a full time job and getting oot ma nut at the weekends then, to me, this is clear evidence that Archie is under achieving and letting us down.

What he ought to do is blow all his budget on one superstar player who can run faster, has better control, shooting accuracy and power than everyone else in the league and always pass to him. Trevor Sinclair was my key signing at £1million, but prior to that coming up through the leagues David Biyela from the Kaiser chiefs and Palle Sorenson for some obscure Danish mob also provided this service at a combined £300,000.

With most matches finishing at around a quarter to 5 it's hard not to think about what's for tea. However, perhaps if Archie made reservations or placed his order prior to kick off he would be able to shout and wave his arms about, as that is more condusive to thoughtful football analysis and players always respond better to a rant.

I also think that growing one's hair is a bad idea. The short back and sand paper look is more intimidating and will create a more disciplined atmosphere amongst playing staff and make the opposition realise we are a no nonsense outfit.

John Salako was my go to guy. Crystal Palace were usually quite easy to deal with. The way he cut in from the left and lobbed the keeper from the edge of the box - about 3 times per game - was a thing of beauty.

I think you're all being too harsh on the boy. He writes an article on Thistle and he gets his name in a fanzine. Maybe he has ambitions to be a journalist. Good on him. It's reasonably well written. I don't agree with a word of it but he has to start somewhere, and maybe a controversial piece is a good way to get recognised.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

He writes an article on Thistle and he gets his name in a fanzine.

Some of us have been doing that for years and it's an actual hold in your hands fanzine unlike Scotzine. Of course, the last opportunity to buy issue 13 will be tomorrow at Firhill. This has been a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Sick In The Basin Party.

I think you're all being too harsh on the boy. He writes an article on Thistle and he gets his name in a fanzine. Maybe he has ambitions to be a journalist. Good on him. It's reasonably well written. I don't agree with a word of it but he has to start somewhere, and maybe a controversial piece is a good way to get recognised.

Pretty much in agreement with all of that. Not sure the intention was to be controversial but rather it seems an honest view as he sees it. The boy makes a number of points well worth debate. Tom Hosie's reply pretty much nails it though.

Knew one of those phrases in the article sounded familiar.

Mad Aussie back!! They cranked up the generator for the internet yet?

Have to confess, visited Adelaide when I stayed in Oz. Jeez, I thought WA was bad...

Nice trolling though! No!! Nice stalking I meant.

For the record it's definitely not me that wrote the article. No even I'm delusional enough to think we should've been pushing for a Euro spot - this season!!

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

If you're going to write an article and in the first paragraph state that you believe you're speaking for most jags fans then I reckon you take all the 'slating' that's going. It's a sh*t article. In my opinion although I don't claim to speak for most jags fans

• Like 3

If you're going to write an article and in the first paragraph state that you believe you're speaking for most jags fans then I reckon you take all the 'slating' that's going. It's a sh*t article. In my opinion although I don't claim to speak for most jags fans

Agree with you. However, how do you & I know what he's basing that on?

The 10 guys he goes to the game with & drinks with?

Or maybe his family?

Going back to the first few months of this year (2015) it could be argued that the majority of Jags fans had lost faith in Archibald (or Alan if you're Mad Aussie).

'Argued' being the debatable word.

Absolutely. And that is your opinion. I just think there are a whole host of comments within the article which I would say are not representative of most or even many jags fans. Without dissecting the whole again as it's been done very well so far. But the European competition part is nonsense

• Like 1

I still think bleeding gums wrote it, no one else would fixate on someone's body language in that detailed a fashion. That BG then weighs in with a strident defence of the author's right to hold patently ludicrous opinions, very close to his own coincidentally, just confirms my thoughts.

As for sniping at Adelaide, grow up.