Guardian Article

West Ender

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/26/david-shrigley-partick-thistle-mascot

Apart from one or two factual inaccuracies (it is the Guardian) I think that all publicity (unless it's connected with Morris dancing or offences against children) is a good thing and we certainly wouldn't have made the pages of the Guardian this time last week.

Was widely reported and supported on both Radio 5 Live and Radio Scotland (Shereen's show) this morning - even Cosgrove and Cowan liked it (although that is scarcely a recommendation, I admit).

For Gawd's sake Janet Street-Porter even mentioned it in her column in the "i"....................................................and I imagine we will get more publicity on Tuesday with the George Square launch of the new strip (I fear our dismay/delight with the new strip will be as of nothing compared to the media hoo-ha that will accompany Kingsley). Publicity is fine but part of me looks forward to our being ignored again! :shakeshout::frantic:

Some interesting points from Maxi in the Record:

http://www.dailyreco...ingsley-5958096

Good to read some straight talking from Maxi.

The TAG sales pitch on the OS reads:

The TAG scheme offers the opportunity to make a strong commitment to our club, but it is not simply a membership scheme. TAG allows us to both communicate and involve our supporters in key decisions that will shape the future of our Club.

Why, oh why do Jags fans have to read this stuff in a 'newspaper'? Talk to us, Maxi.

• Like 3

maxi talking the talk with some more madcap batshit mental out the box thinking, and bold statements of intent. that's the partick thistle i want. now let's see him and club keep walking the walk, no let up. we're mad we're mental we're to be feared we're partick thistle.

as for taylor swift, yes you phucked that opportunity up. but plenty more big name musicians, artists, sports stars, politicians and global names visit glasgow on a daily basis. get kingsley out there at all the big events daily. photo ops, photobombs, send him to all corners of the country on a tour spreading the jaggy gospel, but give him a thistle flag to take with him hmmmm?