Higginbotham...

Veejag

Quite a few people applauded him coming over at full time yesterday.

I didn't.

For me, you can't elbow three former teammates, one of which was very deliberate and aggressive, and expect us to think you're a good guy for coming to say hello at the end of the game.

Would've taken great delight in him being on the losing side yesterday, but I'm sure I can hang on until he ends up relegated in May.

I always used to wonder why when we played motherwell, they detested higgy. What's their problem I used to ask. Now I know.

Applauded him at the start, however he disgraced himself yesterday with his constant elbowing and petchulent behaviour. I appreciate ex players can get a rough time of it but that's no reason to sarcastically applaud during the game and incite the crowd at the equaliser.

The sheer arrogance of returning to the scene of the crime at the end summed him up. I heard the small round of applause from some at the end, however IMO he burned his bridges during the game and I was one of many who were disgusted by his antics and booed him at full time.

Kris boyd took a fair amount of abuse for being a fat waster yesterday, he responds by scoring and simply laughing as he ran past the north stand. He didn't stick his finger in the air as if he was some sort of god.

Edited by kennymac29

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt when he applauded the JHS just before the kick off.

But, as others have said, his constant elbowing and winding up of the crowd wasn't on.

Also, had I been a Killie supporter, I wouldn't have been too impressed to see him go to the Thistle support at the end of the game.

Applauded him before kick-off. Boo-ed him off the field.

Respect his talent, but 2-goals in 24 starts for us last season doesn't get you a free pass mate. Bit of mutual respect would be nice. Sarcastically clapping after elbowing our guy in the face and getting pelters for it, shows you up to be a patronising c*nt.

Disapointing. But who cares.... He is so f**kin silly, he chose the f**kin killie.... Thank f**k...thank f**k.... thank f**k .... thank f**k....

:fan:

Davie Amoo will be better than you!

In Archie we trust!

Davie Amoo will be better than you!

Time will tell. I have never boo'd a returning player and I wasn't going to start yesterday. Higgy did us a right turn in our first season back in the top league. Some of his antics yesterday were to be expected, but the elbowing stuff was ridiculous. When you see what Frans and Lindsay have been sent off for, (especially the former) yet Higgy gets away with blatant elbowing incidents in the same game, sums up the standard of refereeing in this country.

Edited by Lindau

I am not concerned about Higgy leaving his form last year didn't make it a hard decision for Archie.

Anyone suggesting he wasn't the difference for Killie is out of their heads or just petty. Without him we would have one comfortably, did he do everything to win the game for his team you bet is that a problem no, that's his job. Can he do that and still have respect for the Jags fans of course he can. If he didn't why would he, if you saw him at Firpark you would know that.

What irked me most was that it had to be the Higgy Show, just like it was when he was with us. Totally summed it up when he applauded all three ends of the crowd at the end. No need, especially when he had been booed for the majority of the game. There is a very, very good player there when he can screw the nut, but for 75% of his time with us he didn't. Yes, was the difference between Killie getting one point instead of nothing from the game, but I am still in no way bothered that he is no longer with us.

Edited by GinolasBald

For what it's worth, I acknowledged Higginbotham at the end but understand why some folk were critical. He's always been a bit of a crowd baiter but to do so after so blatantly elbowing Booth was in poor taste and he only has himself to blame if he wasn't happy with his reception at the end of the game.

He should have been sent off, there's no question about that. 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the games followed by the constant elbows. Killie could have easily finished the game with 8 men, some shocking challenges from their players.

if thistle players conducted themselves like killie did, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended games with eight players ..... and that irks me and others.

consistency is the name of the game ..... or it should be.

we've seen plenty examples not only this season, where first and second fouls by our players are instantly punished by yellows and reds by the men in black (or green, blue, fluorescent pink or whatever other garish shades the match officials wear), while opposition players not only get away with first and second fouls in matches (and often more severe challenges), but they seem to be given carte blanche by refs to foul three, four, five times, and even then some don't end up getting told "calm it down or i may have to book you".

if refs were consistent, and equally fair to us and whomever our opposition is on any given matchday, we could suck it up better.

until that changes, i fear we are always going to be on the receiving end of shitty one sided decisions.

perhaps kingsley should start sticking the nut on refs, or other stern like actions, in order to get more parity of decisions, and show that you don't mess with thistle, or scary sundevilgod kingsley.

Liam Lindsay gets (rightfully) sent off as he's the last man, however Higginbotham and Stevie Smith stay on the park despite numerous blatant elbows/horrible tackles. Mark Connolly is a horrible player as well. When he wasn't hoofing the ball into touch, he was all over our players either going over the top of them or scything them down. Killie are an absolutely terrible team with very little actual footballing ability. They will win points just like they did against us by hacking teams for 90 minutes and giving the ball to Higgy who'll pump it in the box for Boyd. Thank **** I don't have to watch that every week.

We need to learn how to counter those kind of teams though, because the league is full of them. Teams that know exactly what they have to do to survive and prosper in this league. I'm thinking about St. Johnstone, Ross County and of course Killie. There's probably more as well.

• Like 1

We need to learn how to counter those kind of teams though, because the league is full of them. Teams that know exactly what they have to do to survive and prosper in this league. I'm thinking about St. Johnstone, Ross County and of course Killie. There's probably more as well.

Agreed 100%, but it doesn't help when refs do not punish these sorts of blatant fouls, particularly it seems against us. I'm not crying conspiracy, but Thistle have had absolutely no luck with these sorts of decisions since we've come up. We are nowhere near the dirtiest team in the league, yet on paper it would look like we are.

higginbotham's claims that he was booed because he 'set up two goals' is highly insulting. he was booed because he behaved like a cynical thug who should not have been on the field to parade himself in front of the thistle fans (who once admired him) at the final whistle..

• Like 1

higginbotham's claims that he was booed because he 'set up two goals' is highly insulting. he was booed because he behaved like a cynical thug who should not have been on the field to parade himself in front of the thistle fans (who once admired him) at the final whistle..

When someone usually uses the word "cynical" in a football context it's to describe a player bending the rules or what's commonly referred to as "taking one for the team".

The "cynicism" in this case involved a player elbowing opposition players at will. The third offence imo warranted a straight red but certainly what would have been a second yellow. We should really be talking about an act of sheer stupidity that ultimately cost his team any real chance of getting a point. Cynicism only comes into the frame as the officiating was so poor Higginbotham knew he could get away with it. More correctly, getting away with it, as I don't hear or read anything about being cited or compliance officers.

it's quite bizarre that a player can commit 3 blatant elbow offences yet stay on the park. Does anyone know how the Compliance Officer gets involved? Is it only in cases where the media get involved & highight offences? That's the way it seems to be

Imo the ref set the tone for his performance in the first minute. The Killie player that kicked the ball away when we were trying to take a free kick should have been booked, it's a yellow card offence no matter whether it's the first minute or any other time in the game