Ryan Edwards

dougie247

Thought we fell out of the game today when Ryan was replaced by Gary.

100% agree.... Really disappointed with Gary when he came on. He's a good player but he was not a good replacement for Ryan today.

Just hope the competition for places persists and improves and heads stay up.

No one should be guaranteed their place... but after Hamilton and today, for me, Ryan's is making himself hard to leave out.

Possibly, but they brought Magennis on around the same time and changed their shape as well

A good point, and the big man certainly made an impact. But, for me, it was all about the energy and movement of Edwards today. It can be hard coming on a sub and picking up the flow of the game. However, Gary looked to static. He put in a reasonable shift, tracked back and wasn't lazy. He just didn't seem to have the same attacking enthusiasm of Ryan.

• Members

Possibly, but they brought Magennis on around the same time and changed their shape as well

Yes for them it made a difference, but I mean for us going forward, I felt we were poorer after that particular substitution. Similarly, I didn't think we held the ball up front as well after Pogba went off either. I think he's doing a whole lot more than most realise.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...