Firhill's Coming Alive Again

ThickAsThieves

No, I'm not just putting a cheesy title up to talk about a great win at the weekend.

Instead I'm just wondering if anyone has the audio for 'Firhill's Coming Alive Again' as it's played on matchday? Tried to find it on YouTube but the only version is Scott Cant (R.I.P) recording it from the Jackie Husband Stand.

For no other reason than I'm quite fond of it and would like to listen to it on a semi-regular basis. Cheers to anyone that has it. :thumbsup2:

On a similiar subject, we need more songs to sing at the games. Other than the 'Maryhill is wonderful'song which is fairly recent the rest are as old as the main stand. It would be good to come up with more of our own, like wit Celtic have done only with different songs and lyrics.

non of the above. celtic have hijacked kingston town, i just cant get enough, toy town etc. we need to hijack one of our own and make it ours. we currently only have aboot 4 ye can sing that take up 20 seconds. "wit can we sing noo?.... how aboot the 1st wan again?" ken wit a mean

The same goes for everyone else by the way - I have the whole "Partick Thistle Music Collection" in online storage, send me a PM for the download link. The CD actually pops on ebay fairly often for anyone who wants an original copy.

But be warned, there are some truly dreadful moments on there, and Tiger Tim is responsible for most of them.

This might be one for the historians out there but does anyone know how Tiger Tim, a well known Celtic fan, ended up recording an EPs worth of Thistle songs? It seems it was done in the 80s sometime, was it for a special occasion?

The same goes for everyone else by the way - I have the whole "Partick Thistle Music Collection" in online storage, send me a PM for the download link. The CD actually pops on ebay fairly often for anyone who wants an original copy.

But be warned, there are some truly dreadful moments on there, and Tiger Tim is responsible for most of them.

This might be one for the historians out there but does anyone know how Tiger Tim, a well known Celtic fan, ended up recording an EPs worth of Thistle songs? It seems it was done in the 80s sometime, was it for a special occasion?

We are the Thistle is awright....!

Forget the celtic,

Forget the rangers,

We're Partick Thistle and we're on our way.

To first class football,

we are no strangers,

We're Partick Thistle and we're doin' o.k.

Football is the name of the game,

Firhill is the name of our hame,

C'mon, you'll be glad that you came,

When we score all the goals for you.... do-do... do-do.... di-do-di-do......

Sure, could do with a re-mix and re-mastering on something other than a Bontempi keyboard and a Maplins kit 4-track recorder, and I was never a fan of t'tim singing our song.... but the sentiment is there.... A bit of work on a proper nasty second verse and we be smashin it fo' real!

:fan:

We are the Thistle is awright....!

Forget the celtic,

Forget the rangers,

We're Partick Thistle and we're on our way.

To first class football,

we are no strangers,

We're Partick Thistle and we're doin' o.k.

Football is the name of the game,

Firhill is the name of our hame,

C'mon, you'll be glad that you came,

When we score all the goals for you.... do-do... do-do.... di-do-di-do......

Sure, could do with a re-mix and re-mastering on something other than a Bontempi keyboard and a Maplins kit 4-track recorder, and I was never a fan of t'tim singing our song.... but the sentiment is there.... A bit of work on a proper nasty second verse and we be smashin it fo' real!

:fan:

When I was leaving my last job one of my colleagues went to that old record shop on Sauchiehall St near Charing Cross (can't remember the name but it sold all sorts of strange stuff) and he purchased that immortal "Harry Wragg and the Jags" masterpiece as part of my farewell (good riddance perhaps!) present - I still have it somewhere (probably its lying distorted in the loft or something).

All football related songs are a bit cringeworthy but that one still appeals.

When I was leaving my last job one of my colleagues went to that old record shop on Sauchiehall St near Charing Cross (can't remember the name but it sold all sorts of strange stuff) and he purchased that immortal "Harry Wragg and the Jags" masterpiece as part of my farewell (good riddance perhaps!) present - I still have it somewhere (probably its lying distorted in the loft or something).

All football related songs are a bit cringeworthy but that one still appeals.

Not all....

New Order - World in Motion. ... even the John Barnes rap is cool. ... Though he pushed it too far with Liverpool's Anfield rap.

Milwall - let'em Come ... bit cockney but bang on.

"Firhill for thrills" could be a classic terrace anthem with a bit of polish and re-release from the right producer too. :fan:

... bit jealous you got the original 7" HW&TJ vinyl..... you should dig that out and frame it! who cares if it's a bit tatty looking..... Represent!

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

When I find myself in times of trouble

Mary Hill, she comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, "save PeeTee"

For in my hour of darkness

She keeps me far from King-sl-ee-y

Speaking words of wisdom, "save PeeTee"

Save PeeTee, Save PeeTee, Save PeeTee, Save PeeTee

Whisper words of wisdom, "save PeeTee"

And when the broken-hearted Jaggies

Living in the world agree

We need Firhill's Flyer, our PeeTee

For though he may be purple

He's cuddly to you and me

We need Firhill's Flyer, our PeeTee

Save PeeTee, Save PeeTee, Save PeeTee, Save PeeTee

Whisper words of wisdom, "save PeeTee"

And when the night is cloudy

Sun God curses can't get me

We will have our Toucan, our PeeTee

I wake up to the sound of music

Mary Hill, she sings to me

We got rid of Kingsley, praise PeeTee!

Praise PeeTee! Praise PeeTee! Praise PeeTee! Praise PeeTee

We still have our toucan, praise PeeTee!

Edited by Woodstock Jag

non of the above. celtic have hijacked kingston town, i just cant get enough, toy town etc. we need to hijack one of our own and make it ours. we currently only have aboot 4 ye can sing that take up 20 seconds. "wit can we sing noo?.... how aboot the 1st wan again?" ken wit a mean

What about what th "Melbourne Victory" sing; Stand by me. Look it up on You tube, it is awesome when we sing it.

Must admit I did quite like the Motherwell fans mocking the followers of The Rangers at the play off last season with "Twist and Shout" complete with hand gestures.

....................and MacaroonBars etc..........you are absolutely right not "all" footy songs are bad although I would suggest "more than most" are. :-)