You Don't Know Who You Are. We tend to use our football club to reflect back the image that we want to see in ourselves, which is fair enough, I think. For me, Thistle have always been about the romantic, rebellious outsiders, the poets and philosophers who refuse to follow the Establishment. Which is a great image for a balding middle-aged man to aspire to, don't you think... We Are Thistle!

• Like 4

You Don't Know Who You Are. We tend to use our football club to reflect back the image that we want to see in ourselves, which is fair enough, I think. For me, Thistle have always been about the romantic, rebellious outsiders, the poets and philosophers who refuse to follow the Establishment. Which is a great image for a balding middle-aged man to aspire to, don't you think... We Are Thistle!

take offence to that remark, i was going to ..... but then i realised, at over nine hundred years old, quite happy to be viewed as middle aged i am.

• Like 1

**** the Old Firm.

Amen. ... And lo, it fell upon the chosen ones to spread this gospel. And verily they did it so. And there was much rejoicing and much grumpiness as they spaketh to the unwashed and tax neglectors. Yea, tho they encumbered themselves with many seasons of utter toshery, it was good. For it came to pass, The Archie is the saviour, the power and the glory, forever and ever, we'll follow The Hallelu-JAGS! ....

'Tis the season to be Jaggy... tra-la-la-la-la EFF-TEE-OH-EFF!!!

:fan:

Actually, here's my real take on the anti-Jags position, or at least the indifference towards Thistle, shown by BBC "Scotland." The people who work there and make decisions about what to cover, and for how long, if they are even Scottish, are most likely to be supporters of one of the twosome gruesome. The fact that we share Glasgow with those two puts us at a further disadvantage as the BBC guys aim to pretend that there is no Glasgow bias in their coverage. That means that once they have taken up most of their programme with gruesome twosome trivia, we are unlikely to get any more than the absolute minimum mention because they then have to look as if they are paying due attention to teams from outwith Glasgow. I can't see it changing unless Thistle-minded journalists and editors make to the exalted position of the establishment's northern propaganda branch sports section.

Edited by Jaggernaut

It's been a long time since I watched either programme regularly, so I stand to be corrected.

Instead of the BBC prioritising the Old Firm over clubs like ourselves, Motherwell or County I get the impression that BBC TV covers the Old Firm to the same extent as STV but drops reports on smaller football clubs for stories about badminton players, women's cricketers and disabled swimmers.

Going out on a tangent here but last night's STV v BBC was a 0-0 unless you count on the former a double mention of Billy Allan by Murray (the sevco director). The gist of the interview with Murray was something dear to my heart, larger leagues, of which he was evidently in favour. Puts me in a rather invidious position of agreeing with sevco, who will as usual be solely thinking of what's good for them.

Anyway Billy Allan, along with the Budge lady at Hearts, were mentioned as people of experience and background that the powers that be should be listening to or consulting. First time for a long while I've heard a Jags person referred to along these lines. Got the impression that those two wouldn't have been mentioned if not in favour of larger leagues. Also can't imagine Billy Allan, who let us say flies under the radar at Firhill, not representing the general view of the Board.

Appears there's some momentum for a league structure that results in less repetition of fixtures. Looks like those in favour might have to bite the bullet and have sevco as an ally. Unsavoury as that is it's a means to an end and in reality nothing will ever change without the OF approval.