Celtic Away

MonehJags

I don't think there's anything wrong with the BBC report. It's clear that the Celtic fans think Bitton's sending off was a poor call and that they should have had two penalties; that sense of entitlement and delusion may have been felt by the players, too. Lamont doesn't say it wasn't a sending off, neither does he say Celtic were right to feel aggrieved.

On consideration, the goal conceded was really the result of tiredness from the Aberdeen game a few days before. The bizarre fixture scheduling was the reason both why Dumbuya had to be substituted (as he was still carrying an injury from Aberdeen) and why Booth was dead on his feet by the end of the game, without any suitable substitute available for him on the bench.

• Like 1

On consideration, the goal conceded was really the result of tiredness from the Aberdeen game a few days before. The bizarre fixture scheduling was the reason both why Dumbuya had to be substituted (as he was still carrying an injury from Aberdeen) and why Booth was dead on his feet by the end of the game, without any suitable substitute available for him on the bench.

Fair point. I think we will see the likes of Scully, Miller, Frans and Pogba getting a start on Friday, just to give some a rest and freshen the team up a bit.

Cerny has to start whenever he's fit. Playing Scully would be fine if we were still p*ssing about in the Challenge Cup, but we're not.

Totally agree, but I think he will shake it up a bit. Even with changes we should be too good for the current team in Paisley

a cup tie against a team that has got nothing to lose if we want to progress in this competition we should be be playing our strongest available eleven

True but, highlighting Fearcher's and Lindau's posts, our strongest eleven (the one we'd pick over the season) may not be our strongest at this moment in time. Assuming he's fit I wouldn't change the goalie but it's likely many of the team will be nursing minor knocks etc. picked up over those last two games. Wouldn't surprise me if Archie has more of an eye on which players seem the fresher more than usual. That said we've an eight day gap till the Dundee game so I wouldn't expect wholesale changes.

• Like 2

I don't think there's anything wrong with the BBC report. It's clear that the Celtic fans think Bitton's sending off was a poor call and that they should have had two penalties; that sense of entitlement and delusion may have been felt by the players, too. Lamont doesn't say it wasn't a sending off, neither does he say Celtic were right to feel aggrieved.

That'd be a perfectly valid dissection of a legal judgement or indeed pleading:: seen as it's neither and is in fact a media report which apparently makes claim for objectivity in my opinion it simply provides fuel for the entitlement culture that so much characterises our city rivals.

I could go further and claim articles such as Lamont's promote a false consciousness, but I won't since this is a football forum and I'll leave the pseudo political/religious mumbo jumbo to our local rivals.

I think we should be extremely proud of the performance. Even when it was 11 v 11 I thought we were outstanding. There was a belief amongst the team that we could get something from the game, which I feel is what's been missing in every encounter since we came back up 3 years ago.

Also, I thought the travelling support was absolutely outstanding. Constant singing throughout the game, terrific support from the players and manager. There were actually a few Celtic fans applauding us as we left the ground.

If we can play 50% as good as that on Friday we will demolish St. Mirren.