New Killie Manager

jaggybunnet

Interesting appointment. No experience of Scottish football as a player or manager and 12 games left so will have to learn quickly. As an ex Blackpool manager I am sure Blackpool Jag can give us an insight as to how he goes about things.

by getting sacked or resigning apparently. Impressive CV. Here's hoping he's true to form.

He's already making some huge gaffs in the press by saying he wants to be "challenging at the top of the league".

He's on a hiding to nothing with that kind of chat.

Used to be that any new non OF SPL manager would within minutes of taking over be ranting on about producing a team capable of splitting the ugly sisters.

Wouldn't read too much into the length of the guy's contract. Manager contracts never seem to be honoured in full, due no doubt to a plethora of provisos, with pay offs as often as not negotiated. A strictly adhered to year's contract would probably be as good as most.

What's Killie's youth system like?

From what I can gather they guy might have something about him as a coach. However, his management record maybe suggests he needs cash and quality coaching staff around him.

At a glance, it appears Huddersfield thought league one was his peak, struggled to cope with or was naive to how much Birmingham's relegation would affect the job and Blackpool was a basket case.

Similar age to Baraclough, and has come in with the same ambitious chat. He maybe has a chance with them, but it's maybe more likely to be a case of who's patience will run out first, board or gaffer.

I've said before, as tough as it would be for them, I reckon a year or three in the second tier would see them return stronger. Maybe the only way they will see a regular and sustained boost to attendances.

Killie is boring, and although I gladly accept their demise if it makes room for our advance, I kinda miss, what they once were.

Wouldn't mind if they won a play-off with Hibs.... would prefer they got another shot at old firm though!