Banzo News

Dick Dastardly

Great news for him. He deserves it.

Suspect bad news for us jags fans. Would be great if he would like anothet year but good luck if he gets a mega deal as long as its nit killie or ross co.

Because fox and higgy are aerosols.

Along these lines. Said before if Banzo moves to a far bigger club it would be good PR for our youth system, even if he pre-dates the current set up. Be pretty poor PR if he just makes a sideways move for relatively little more remuneration.

Think it's important for us that we know at an early date both his intentions and the likely time he'll be out. We've seen before how long it takes these days for someone without a full season to gel. Even if there's a low opt out I suspect a year's extension will be the most we can expect the lad to sign.

^^^^^ this link is contained within todays bbc scottish gossip column http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36167381 with the text below preceding the link to the eurosport article .....

Partick Thistle have given Stuart Bannigan two weeks to decide whether to accept a new contract after the midfielder was told he will not need surgery on an injured knee.

nowhere in the eurosport article does it state this ..... it is purely made up lies from the bbc, yet another example of the lazy arsed shoddy standards peoples license fees go towards.

i would say whoever collates the bbc scottish gossip page should get volleyed off the top of pacific quay into the clyde by kingsley, but why stop there with one bumbling beeb c0ck journo.

• Like 1

Personally I think we should just let him go. If he was fit and willing to stay, fantastic, but for him to sit and earn a wage and the leave for not playing much is something our club cannot afford. He stated his intention to leave ages ago, so why baby sit him when he had no intention of staying? I think he may well sign a year's contract to get through the injury, get fit the bugger off.

• Like 2

Kind of agree with GRE, Banzo had no intention of staying beyond this season and only his injury has changed this.

It was the right thing to do to offer medical facilities and rehab to get himself fit again but the only way forward is to offer him a 2 year contract and once he is fit and hopefully playing well and some other club in a years time want him then there should be a transfer fee involved. Don't think the club should entertain a 1 year contract especially with an injured player.

I'd agree with GRE as well if I thought for one moment that any contract extension wouldn't contain necessary provisos. It doesn't tho' require much imagination to draw up something that will be acceptable to PTFC and should be of interest to the player.

If you really believe the Club would accept terms from an injured player that meant he would be paid a full whack wage whether the player in question was fit or not then you really underestimate big time the canniness of Archie and David Beattie.

Totally agree GRE. Love Banzo and he has been a great servant, but no way is he irreplaceable. Be delighted if he signed on again, but with a minimum two year stay with an agreed reasonable transfer amount tied into his contract if another club fancies him.

Edited by Lindau

^^^^^ this link is contained within todays bbc scottish gossip column http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/36167381 with the text below preceding the link to the eurosport article .....

nowhere in the eurosport article does it state this ..... it is purely made up lies from the bbc, yet another example of the lazy arsed shoddy standards peoples license fees go towards.

i would say whoever collates the bbc scottish gossip page should get volleyed off the top of pacific quay into the clyde by kingsley, but why stop there with one bumbling beeb c0ck journo.

I have to agree and take this with a large pinch of salt.

I would be surprised if Archie was wanting to finalise any deals, particularly for a likely top earner, until our top flight status is mathematically secure.

That said, the source might well have come via Banzo's agent, wanting to flush out any alternative offers.