Ptfc Trust Meeting Arranged

Rid Skwerr

No and in my personal opinion I don't see why it should. It's a great board and I enjoy it but to me it's just a method of communication along with facebook, twitter, group of people chatting in pub etc. There are some fans on here but lots not. To me it's another group of fans which are under the thistle umbrellas.

I already posted about the value and potential of this site... I use it like you use it, but others make much better use of it than us.

I'd hate to think anyone outside of this forum takes general posts on here too seriously. Just as I'd hate to think anyone who posts on here should think they should be taken generally seriously outside of this forum.

Tend to agree. Good and joyous things tend to occur when people display a less grave or somber disposition.

However, handing over £6 grand in donations is not to be sniffed at.

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

I am not a political person and haven't been involved in any of the groups. But it seems to me that one of the reasons that more fans don't get involved is due to what looks like in fighting.Who wants to go to meetings when old wounds are always going to be scratched.

It is like one group says one thing and irrespective of whether it is good or bad, the other group opposes it.

• Like 1

So what are the JT doing in response to this poor treatment? The answer is absolutely nothing. They are in a position of severe weakness due to their own inaction over the years. They don't have the means or the support within the wider fan base to fight anything.

I would normally have sympathy with the situation the JT now find themselves in, but I'm afraid I don't.

You talk about the JT being "neutered" - I would argue that they neutered themselves when they decided to ditch the 1876 club. I would also argue that in the years that followed, they have done nothing to encourage new members, and nothing to encourage existing members from renewing. One could be forgiven for thinking that they are not prepared to challenge the club board due to the state of their own house.

Curiously, a similar event has happened in Turkey, where the parliament has voted to remove its members' freedom from prosecution at the behest of the President - meaning that he can use the security forces to suppress any dissent. Effectively, the members of the Jags Trust took the Board at its word and learned the hard way that you cannot trust business people to comply with a non-contractual agreement, and can only trust them to comply with a contract if you know you can pay lawyers to enforce it. The single largest shareholder has seen its shareholding diluted and no shares issued, in contravention with the agreement which subsumed the 1876 lottery into the Centenary Club. In my view your stance is unreasonable: insisting that those members were at fault for accepting assurances from those in control at the club they follow smacks of blaming the victims.

• 5 weeks later...