Ptfc Trust Meeting Arranged

Rid Skwerr

Just posted on the Club site -

There will be a meeting held in the Aitken Suite on Wednesday, May 18th at 7:30pm to discuss, in more detail, the workings of the Football Club Trust and how to build on fan involvement at Firhill over the coming years.

The meeting is open to all Partick Thistle supporters and will be hosted by the Trust board:

Foster Evans, Chairman

Greig Brown

Pauline Graham

Jacqui Low

Ian Maxwell

All are welcome and the bar will be open for the duration of the meeting – we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the night.

Just posted on the Club site -

There will be a meeting held in the Aitken Suite on Wednesday, May 18th at 7:30pm to discuss, in more detail, the workings of the Football Club Trust and how to build on fan involvement at Firhill over the coming years.

The meeting is open to all Partick Thistle supporters and will be hosted by the Trust board:

Foster Evans, Chairman

Greig Brown

Pauline Graham

Jacqui Low

Ian Maxwell

All are welcome and the bar will be open for the duration of the meeting – we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the night.

Should just about give everybody time to get served.

Anyone able to explain the bizarre definition of a Thistle fan as being someone who is 18+ and has had a season ticket for over three years? I'm presuming there's some sort of legal, rational explanation as otherwise that's utterly ridiculous and alienating, particularly for someone like myself who doesn't live in Scotland anymore (so doesn't have a season ticket) but who still contributes to the club financially in many ways.

Anyone got any idea?

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/february_2016/partick_thistle_football_club_trust_opens_for_business

Edited by JesusTejero

Anyone able to explain the bizarre definition of a Thistle fan as being someone who is 18+ and has had a season ticket for over three years? I'm presuming there's some sort of legal, rational explanation as otherwise that's utterly ridiculous and alienating, particularly for someone like myself who doesn't live in Scotland anymore (so doesn't have a season ticket) but who still contributes to the club financially in many ways.

Anyone got any idea?

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/february_2016/partick_thistle_football_club_trust_opens_for_business

email the club is what I suggest as I don't really understand it either?

It would seem, Rangers "rebirth" has had a knock on effect for everyone:

“… for the purpose of holding shares in the Company to safeguard the long term benefit and integrity of the association football club operated by the Company, while promoting its growth and financial wellbeing.”

Regarding “PTFC – Trust”

The Club General Manager in mid-November 2015 (as I left Brown McMaster’s memorial service) told me that there would be a press release the following day and that it would reflect that the Club would be setting up their own “Football Club Trust”.

He stated that the Bank of Scotland would not agree to there being a role for the Partick Thistle Supporters Association, trading as The Jags Trust in the new organisation.

No reason was given for this strange decision by the institution which was also the Jags Trust’s banker.

Between February 2016 - April 2016 there was further email correspondence which the Jags Trust forwarded to the named contact persons of City Centre; Cumbernauld; East of Scotland; Jags Disabled Supporters Group; Jags Trust Board; Jordanhill; North-West.

We were very clear that this was not an exhaustive list as there are many more “groups of Thistle fans” such as North Stand; Jags Army; Season Ticket holders; Centenary Fund members; Kit Sponsors; Young fans and Families and I apologise to all those other groups I failed to list.

The General Manager put those who appear to be the Club’s appointed representatives for the Supporter Base (Pauline Graham and Foster Evans) in touch with the Jags Trust and I met with them at 2pm prior to the ICT match. No other trustees were present.

It was confirmed that PG, is Chairperson of the “Community Trust” & FE, Treasurer although the procedures by which they had been elected/selected was unclear. They had been “asked” by the Club to take this “new Trust” forward.

The key questions I raised were:

• When and how are they going to communicate to the Supporters

• How/why has the new organisation been created and what are their objectives?

• Supporters have only read what has been in the press so will there be a piece in Club programme and/or website before the end of the season and will there be a facility for feedback?

• Had the “new Trust” a clear structure written down that could be published before the end of the season in the Club programme and on the website

• Why is it called a “Trust” as there appears an over use of this title by Firhill?

• Does the “new Trust” have a constitution, explaining aims and objectives; membership criteria; frequency and criteria for future elections?

• If so, are the current trustees/office bearers in interim positions pending the introduction of formally constituted procedures/elections etc?

• How will it compliments the other Club groups and Trusts, such as The Community Trust, Firhill Complex, Weir Academy?

• Is the “new Trust an inclusive organisation. Open membership with a fee? 1 person1 vote? Commonality of purpose – support the football club and community?

• openness and transparency, relationships and communication links between Club and the fans

I pointed out that the Jags Trust is a fully constituted organisation with an election process and is therefore share-holder/membership owned; a member of Supporters Direct Scotland/UK and Europe; an Industrial and Provident Society; submit their accounts to the Financial Services Authority and was a major shareholder in PTFC.

• The Jags Trust found it inexplicable that the Bank of Scotland would tell its customer PTFC Ltd who they COULD NOT have to represent Supporters. Maybe they could answer that?

• The Centenary Fund, was a jointly badged and promoted fund raiser mounted by PTFC Ltd & Jags Trust. Agreement had been made by D Beattie (Chairperson PTFC Ltd) with those present at a public meeting was that further shares would be made in relation to the number of persons who had ticked the box on the application form marked “Jags Trust”. No payment in shares has been made or received to date.

• PTSA- the Jags Trust equal largest shareholder until February 2016 when, like all shareholders, shares were diluted in value. There has been no information provided by PTFC to their shareholders what the Jags Trust or individuals’ % is nowadays. (Press release was that “new supporters Trust” 19% holding).

Both Pauline and Foster were keen to affirm that they want to collaborate with and raise the profile of partnership and communication with all supporters groups already in existence.

It appears that the starting point for openness, transparency and improvement of communication regarding the “new Trust” has been provided by them via an invitation to Firhill, Wednesday 18 May 2016, 730pm.

A large attendance from all parts of the Firhill family would allow for the fullest examination of the aims and objectives of this organisation and for discussion on how best matters could be taken forwards.

Morag McHaffie,

Chairperson,

Partick Thistle Supporters Association, trading as “The Jags Trust”.

(The recent registration of Jags Trust Chair as an account on WEARETHISTLE does not yet permit replying to topics or posting new ones so this has been submitted via an intermediary)

Edited by CCjag

Morag, it's great to finally hear from the JT on this subject - although I have to say I feel this is long overdue, and in a way sums up why the JT find themselves so alienated from club activities currently.

I have some sympathy with the position that JT now finds themselves in - it would seem that the club are now not even acknowledging the mere existence of the JT let alone recognising them as one of the club's major shareholders.

That said, I can't help but think that the JT themselves are also culpable to the breakdown of this relationship, through their sheer inaction and continual failure to engage with their membership or the wider fanbase in general. I speak to young fans coming through now and they are not even aware of the JT.

For me, this can all be traced back to the fateful decision to abandon the 1876 club in favour of the new centenary fund, which started chain of events that led to the gradual decline of the trust and resulted in a lot of good people with great ideas walking away from the JT altogether.

• Like 1

Hopefully the meeting on Wednesday will be well attended and puts some more meat on the bones regarding this new trust. There is so much going right with the club at the moment both on and off the pitch but I do feel that fan engagement is still the one area that needs to be improved upon so I really want this to be a success.

As I understand the club are "debt free". Assuming this means we have now repaid our loans, In these circumstances I cannot see how the Bank of Scotland could hold the Club to no supporter representation.

This could to my mind only have been a debt covenant for the comfort of the lender which should no longer exist.

As I understand the club are "debt free". Assuming this means we have now repaid our loans, In these circumstances I cannot see how the Bank of Scotland could hold the Club to no supporter representation.

This could to my mind only have been a debt covenant for the comfort of the lender which should no longer exist.

Must admit to not quite understanding from day one of the Bank's further involvement after debt being cleared. Hopefully that will become clearer this week tho' it may be a case of "need to know" and we'll still be in the dark.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Aitken Suite cannot support a Skype link over wifi, so I'll await what feeback is provided here or on the JT website or indeed Facebook.

Plan B is to chat with Ian Maxwell next week as he offered when the glitch was found.

I was also there. I liked what I heard and got a good feeling from all 5 people presenting. I'll post some info up tonight as well. It's an early start and these things succeed or fail due to supporter support and involvement.

I know this is purely your opinion. But historical, with Thistle, it couldn't be further from the truth.

We as a club have a history of repeatedly launching fan lead initiatives all all sorts, the vast majority fail due to malaise at the Club's side, not the fans.

• Like 3

I know this is purely your opinion. But historical, with Thistle, it couldn't be further from the truth.

We as a club have a history of repeatedly launching fan lead initiatives all all sorts, the vast majority fail due to malaise at the Club's side, not the fans.

Congratulations: first spoke in the wheel.

Congratulations: First note of necessary caution.

That's unarguable re the Club. It's also a fault for which they appear to accept responsibility. Tho' I know in previous occasions they've held their hands up mea culpa fashion they were quick last night to accept blame. The difference this time may be the inclusion and involvement of a director who has had a career within the communication industry.

Even if the countless fans who have been (or feel like they've been) let down by the Club on previous occasions were to downgrade from cynical to sceptical it would be helpful :) . After last night I'm somewhere between sceptical and sanguine. No leap of faith but baby steps in the right direction, hopefully.

• Like 1

Was there any mention of the Supporters Federation last night? Seems as if that just ground to a halt after the club promised so much with it.

I stopped going to the meetings when it was decided that some members votes would count for more than others.

• Like 1

Was there any mention of the Supporters Federation last night? Seems as if that just ground to a halt after the club promised so much with it.

I stopped going to the meetings when it was decided that some members votes would count for more than others.

Yes there was mention of it and a credible reason given for its demise. Personally I can't have an objective opinion on this having never been involved in any such federation tho' I guess I'd be rather pissed off if I'd bought into it or been involved in its inception.