New Website Ptfc

TartanC4

Just wondered people's thought's on the new official jags website. I found it jumped out at me. It was easy to navigate,some of the photographs and graphics stunning, and the fixtures list has wee badges for every team....great

Edited by TartanC4

It removes everything worthwhile behind a paywall. What is left to entice new visitors or to keep established fans/customers wanting to come back?

As for the interface, it's difficult to provide a full, usable service for all platforms. I found no problem with the older site on mobile devices, but the new one seems to offer services which are not provided (such as live text commentary), perhaps the result of a conflict between content management and coding.

It removes everything worthwhile behind a paywall. What is left to entice new visitors or to keep established fans/customers wanting to come back?

As for the interface, it's difficult to provide a full, usable service for all platforms. I found no problem with the older site on mobile devices, but the new one seems to offer services which are not provided (such as live text commentary), perhaps the result of a conflict between content management and coding.

. Really, I don't pay and I still get access to the news and team details as before.

I like the new web site and once a few things are sorted it will be a good resource for Jags fans.

Couple of those things are the lack of a league table, scores on the fixture list which are not updated and the development league fixture which has no venue although its going to be played on Tuesday.

Minor gripes but on the whole a big improvement.

If someone could provide two lists I and I'm sure others would be most grateful.

LIST !

What you used to get and now don't without signing up for Jagzone.

LIST 2

What you still get without signing up for Jagzone

Yeah, think that would be a good idea. I feel that the Nomads price for this is grossly undercharged, maybe some of the Nomads can explain their feelings on the pricing or what they would have been willing to pay. Home jags supporter that goes to the home games would pay say 2 or sometimes 3 times £22 plus the £6 jagzone costs a month, have to endure mostly horrific weather, plus additional costs (food, programme, 50/50, travel costs) while a Nomad can sit in the comfort of their house, watch the home games in glorious HD for £13 a month. I can see that the club is determined to make this a success but it does seem like a right deal for all the Nomads! Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but do Season Ticket holders get access for free or perhaps a discount?

Edited by Lindau

If someone could provide two lists I and I'm sure others would be most grateful.

LIST !

What you used to get and now don't without signing up for Jagzone.

LIST 2

What you still get without signing up for Jagzone

I was unable to view the lineups which were previously available 1 hour before kickoff, I've not signed up, so can't comment if this is something available with the subscription

. Really, I don't pay and I still get access to the news and team details as before.

Perhaps I should have made clear that I've only tried to obtain information from the other side of the world, because I'm temporarily away from home. I have no idea yet what access is like from within the UK. (Paid-for access would be overkill, especially for my wallet, as I paid for a season ticket.) It does seem a bit of a concern that potential fans may be shut out by a paywall - the fashionable trend in web (lack of) access, but a mistaken one, in my view, for any business trying to expand.

Yeah, think that would be a good idea. I feel that the Nomads price for this is grossly undercharged, maybe some of the Nomads can explain their feelings on the pricing or what they would have been willing to pay. Home jags supporter that goes to the home games would pay say 2 or sometimes 3 times £22 plus the £6 jagzone costs a month, have to endure mostly horrific weather, plus additional costs (food, programme, 50/50, travel costs) while a Nomad can sit in the comfort of their house, watch the home games in glorious HD for £13 a month. I can see that the club is determined to make this a success but it does seem like a right deal for all the Nomads! Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but do Season Ticket holders get access for free or perhaps a discount?

Most Nomads would prefer to be at the game, several Nomads also have a season ticket that they only use once or twice a season, and still signing up for this.

We are paying just over £120 a year to watch 17 or 18 games on the TV which I think is a fair price for the 1st season, not all of us will be able to watch every game live due to time difference issues, or the same non-football commitments local fans have.

Whilst the quality (when buffering issues were resolved) was good, it's not the same as being at a game, you don't have the banter, the humor or the actual atmosphere of being at Firhill.

Our Nomad support is a great untapped market and finally the club has paid for the mechanism to allow us not only to watch the games but to put additional funding towards Archie and the club, it also brings the level of engagement to a whole new level for the foreign based supporters, but it can't be exploited or it will die.

In addition with the PPV we can make money off the foreign based Hearts, Aberdeen, OF, fans of which there are many, the same way I've paid to St Mirren, Dundee, Aberdeen in the past to see the Jags on their channels, again charge too much and folk won't buy it.

Aberdeen and Hearts charge £8.99 a month Dundee £12, Rangers $28 (£21), and Celtic £12.99, so I think the costing seems about right, St Johnstone, Motherwell don't seem to offer live option for their fans

Norge, it's interesting to know what the Nomads think of the costing. As I said I personally think it's undercharged, but that's just my opinion, but I do realise a lot buy a ST just to help the club. I know it would be a nightmare for the club to organise but perhaps the Nomads with season tickets should be offered the £5.99 package with live home games thrown in. Just as an interest, I assume you watched the game yesterday....do you get the Raymond and Michael commentary with the pictures?

Edited by Lindau

Norge, it's interesting to know what the Nomads think of the costing. As I said I personally think it's undercharged, but that's just my opinion, but I do realise a lot buy a ST just to help the club. I know it would be a nightmare for the club to organise but perhaps the Nomads with season tickets should be offered the £5.99 package with live home games thrown in. Just as an interest, I assume you watched the game yesterday....do you get the Raymond and Michael commentary with the pictures?

We are on a par cost wise with the rest of the league, cost more than Aberdeen and hearts but we get audio at away games, they don't, Rangers charge twice the amount but that has all games (home and away) plus way more content.

I think for this season it's a fair price as irs in its infancy if it can become a real tv channel with more content then yes I'd pay more, but that may deter others who only want the match. I think the club have done the market analysis well and costed it correct against our league rivals.

I watched it yesterday (well missed first 15 minutes as the site would not load or telling me I needed a subscription, which I have), some buffering issues and some issues with using AirPlay from the iPad to TV resetting the game to kick off, but quality and commentary were excellent, Raymond and Michael are head and shoulders better at commentating than most of the BBC and are very impartial for being die hard fans.

Looks great. But I went to read the report of the result of the Development's squad game v Dundee United. Thread about the 2-1 win was posted by smokiejag on the night of the game.

6 days later. Nowt. Nothing in the news section either?

https://ptfc.co.uk/p...rd-august-2016/

Edited by soulful_jag