Hospitality For Motherwell Game

Fawlty Towers

Well I have to say that other than the result and the grub, that was an excellent day in hospitality. Started off with a nice bit of banter from Michael, then about 10 of us braved the elements to cross over for the stadium tour ( the other option is Robert Reids boardroom banter, which due to the rain, most opted for) which involved about a 25 minute talk from Michael in the JHS about the history of the club and the ground, then we nipped over to the dressing room where most of the players were reading programmes or had headphones on. Then into the dugouts for a chat about Thistle managers, then back over to the AR Suite for some food. Well I am not a lover of mince or meatballs so it wasn't for me. Stuck to the potatoes and cauliflower and cheese and the dessert which was chocolate mousse and fruit. Scott Paterson nipped over to give us the team news. Calum Booth had been up all night with a virus so Christie was in and a debut for "Barts" Half time involved pies, donuts and tea or coffee and at full time it was a pay bar and the MOTM award to Chris Erskine, who you could see was gutted. Personally my MOTM would have been Ryan Edwards with Chris or Christie Elliot a close second. All in all a cracking day and thanks to Phil for picking my name out in the fund the pitch draw. Will deffo be back again this season, though I might go for the free bar option this time. You certainly need it watching our club.

Well I have to say that other than the result and the grub, that was an excellent day in hospitality. Started off with a nice bit of banter from Michael, then about 10 of us braved the elements to cross over for the stadium tour ( the other option is Robert Reids boardroom banter, which due to the rain, most opted for) which involved about a 25 minute talk from Michael in the JHS about the history of the club and the ground, then we nipped over to the dressing room where most of the players were reading programmes or had headphones on. Then into the dugouts for a chat about Thistle managers, then back over to the AR Suite for some food. Well I am not a lover of mince or meatballs so it wasn't for me. Stuck to the potatoes and cauliflower and cheese and the dessert which was chocolate mousse and fruit. Scott Paterson nipped over to give us the team news. Calum Booth had been up all night with a virus so Christie was in and a debut for "Barts" Half time involved pies, donuts and tea or coffee and at full time it was a pay bar and the MOTM award to Chris Erskine, who you could see was gutted. Personally my MOTM would have been Ryan Edwards with Chris or Christie Elliot a close second. All in all a cracking day and thanks to Phil for picking my name out in the fund the pitch draw. Will deffo be back again this season, though I might go for the free bar option this time. You certainly need it watching our club.

was there much of a crowd at hospitality today Lindau?

Good to hear that it was an enjoyable experience as that is what will help encourage more people to attend. The club can push hospitality but it is when people hear from a fellow fan that makes it a bit more real for them.

My pleasure. My only gripe was the food. There was sod all wrong with it, just personally I dislike mince and meatballs. Perhaps a small choice of food (3 dishes) with you contacting the club with 24 hours minimum notice of what your choice is, might be preferable. As I said, other than that it was a cracking day. Free proggie involved in the price as well.

Just a wee shout out for the Brass Monkey as well. My son saw two of his mates sitting at a table and went over to speak to them. Seemingly there was a competition that the first person going into the pub on Friday evening and shouting something like "I'll have a pint of Kingsley" won hospitality yesterday, which included the free bar aspect. They won it and they had a great day. I am in the BM a few times a month but always forget to drop my 50/50 tickets in. Won't forget from now on...lol

Edited by Lindau

Just a wee shout out for the Brass Monkey as well. My son saw one of his two of his mates sitting at a table and went over to speak to them. Seemingly there was a competition that the first person going into the pub on Friday evening and shouting something like "I'll have a pint of Kingsley" won hospitality yesterday, which included the free bar aspect. They won it and they had a great day. I am in the BM a few times a month but always forget to drop my 50/50 tickets in. Won't forget from now on...lol

And thanks for the lift down to Coopers!! Nice to meet you!

I really enjoyed hospitality. Won it via Centenary Fund and took a mate I drag to Thistle games now and again as a reward. He thought it was very good and worth the £65 if it was paid for. Thinking about doing it again later on in the season.

Welcome MC to talk about the game.

Robert Reids chat in the Ambassadors Lounge (access to anyone for £1000 a year) was very enjoyable. Someone who you think "I wish you were my teacher".

Interview with Scot Paterson

Interview with Abdul Osman

Main course and dessert

Programme

Comfy seats

Tea and coffee and pies

Back in after game for pay bar and MOTM presentation and interview.

I've never been to hospitality. Being vegetarian, the idea of football club catering has put me off.

So many good reports of the experience here. I'm going to give it a go. The food, after all, is just a small part of it. I can pack my usual match day lunch of a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar, just in case...

Really good to hear such positivity here. Vege lasange here I come...

I was suited and booted Phil, but surprised to see some "very casually" dressed blokes in hospitality on Saturday. Re the grub, I would surely expect that if you contacted the club prior to your visit that you were vegetarian that they would lay on a vegetarian meal. I hope to go back this season and if I do that's what I will be doing....even though I ain't a vegetarian. I hate mince and I hate meatballs, so that was a disappointment for me on Saturday!