Motherwell 19/11/16

Lindau

Two priorities in January, if we get involved, is another central defender and another striker. They announced when they each scored yesterday that Moults goal was his 6th of the season and McDonalds was his 5th. If we had strikers bagging that amount we would be fighting for the top 4 never mind top 6!

Either Lindsay or Devine has to be replaced: the back three cannot afford to have both there to create disorder.

Azeez can hold the ball up but he won't score. Unless we have really aggressive attacking midfielders his efforts are misplaced. Could he do a reverse Santala and play centre-back? :D

I know I am in a minority and I know that there is much evidence to the contrary, but I have a strong belief azeez will come good.

Archie and shaggy have form for improving players. Think of amoo when he first came compared to recently. There's other examples too.

I think the goals will come. I hope I am right because if he stars scoring regularly with his other attributes he could be some player.

It would be great if Azeez came good,.... but right until the end, some people were swearing that Pogba gave us "something different." Yes, he was keech. Does anybody miss him, really? For how long will our best goal scorer be sidelined in the hope that yet another pretender will come good......

• Like 1

I know I am in a minority and I know that there is much evidence to the contrary, but I have a strong belief azeez will come good.

Archie and shaggy have form for improving players. Think of amoo when he first came compared to recently. There's other examples too.

I think the goals will come. I hope I am right because if he stars scoring regularly with his other attributes he could be some player.

I don't understand your reference to Amoo as he has barely got a game recently? Though considering how poor many of the others have been then he does deserve a start.

While he is considerably better than when he first started he does seem to blow hot and cold in games which is why Archie has maybe not started him, but then again I'd argue he does deserve a start since others have been poor lately.

I also don't recall David quite missing the same number of chances as Azeez

I don't understand your reference to Amoo as he has barely got a game recently?

We are playing a 3-5-2 formation, TL. Better players than Amoo would be sidelined due to that. I think if you substitute "latterly" for "recently" jaf's point is valid, which is what I'm sure he was meaning. I feel it's more difficult, for reasons I made in another post, to persevere with Azeez as we did with Amoo but I too would be reasonably confident if we did he'd also improve.