Who Should We Adopt For 3 Weeks

Weebaw1

Was at the Ashfield My Junior team Vs Vale of Clyde, anyway didn't get off to the best start 1 nil down our Goalkeeper dropped the ball, by the end of the half it was 2 nill to VoC, so it wasnt looking good for us, anyway in to the 2nd half a pass down the left our player Chris Moulangou, takes it on to the penality area VoC Goalkeeper takes Chris down penalty, but the VoC goalkeeper gets sent off but VoC do not have a sub goalkeeper so one of the VoC has to go in goals but 2 Small problems the VoC being small and the player going to go in goals Huge so they was no way he was going to fit in to the goalkeeper top and gloves, i was so praying he was going to try to put them on but he had to wait on someone going in to the dressing room and gettting a bigger top and gloves, anyway we scored 2-1 down, there was a punt up the field towards the Ashfield penalty area VoC foward and Ashfield goalkeeper go towards each other but the goalkeeper "Shat it" although he got away with it and all of a sudden there was a shout that F..... S...F.. Smash him a big tirade of what i thought was a Ashfield supporter then another shout from another part of the stand shouting at the guy that said the big tirade telling the other guys what you talking about he done the right thing ended up in an argument well i caught the last bit from the 2 of them one said to the other, i am his team mate and the other said i am his team mate too, it was 2 players that where injured or not picked for the game having an argument lol, another thing that i have never seen before at football i have been going to see football for 27 year was the VoC players started time waisting so the Ashfield supporters started shouting at the REF add on that time they are waisting in a non industrial way, the ref looked up and said to the Ashfield supporters "i will add the time on lol they was nothing said to the REF after thati think they was all stunned that happened, anyway we managed to ge the equaliser it ended 2-2 good value for a fiver.

• Like 1

Was at the Ashfield My Junior team Vs Vale of Clyde, anyway didn't get off to the best start 1 nil down our Goalkeeper dropped the ball, by the end of the half it was 2 nill to VoC, so it wasnt looking good for us, anyway in to the 2nd half a pass down the left our player Chris Moulangou, takes it on to the penality area VoC Goalkeeper takes Chris down penalty, but the VoC goalkeeper gets sent off but VoC do not have a sub goalkeeper so one of the VoC has to go in goals but 2 Small problems the VoC being small and the player going to go in goals Huge so they was no way he was going to fit in to the goalkeeper top and gloves, i was so praying he was going to try to put them on but he had to wait on someone going in to the dressing room and gettting a bigger top and gloves, anyway we scored 2-1 down, there was a punt up the field towards the Ashfield penalty area VoC foward and Ashfield goalkeeper go towards each other but the goalkeeper "Shat it" although he got away with it and all of a sudden there was a shout that F..... S...F.. Smash him a big tirade of what i thought was a Ashfield supporter then another shout from another part of the stand shouting at the guy that said the big tirade telling the other guys what you talking about he done the right thing ended up in an argument well i caught the last bit from the 2 of them one said to the other, i am his team mate and the other said i am his team mate too, it was 2 players that where injured or not picked for the game having an argument lol, another thing that i have never seen before at football i have been going to see football for 27 year was the VoC players started time waisting so the Ashfield supporters started shouting at the REF add on that time they are waisting in a non industrial way, the ref looked up and said to the Ashfield supporters "i will add the time on lol they was nothing said to the REF after thati think they was all stunned that happened, anyway we managed to ge the equaliser it ended 2-2 good value for a fiver.

Haha, sounds like great entertainment! My grandfather was the Ashfield physio for many years.

Great post KE, that's what the forum is all about.

Ashfield gets my support. Hope they are at home next week.

As far as linesmen are concerned, most are a waste of space as they get the difficult decisions wrong. Would welcome a red card system for them.

I went down to Ayr United v Dunfermline yesterday to see 4/5 ex Jags (unsure if we can count Jamie Adams) and one current Jag play for Ayr, while of course Higgy was playing for the Pars. Offered my son the option of three games to go to - Ayr, St Mirren or Morton. He was always going to pick the furthest away option, wasn't he?

Ayr could feel a wee bit hard done to, they were definitely the better team before Dunfermline scored the opener and created enough chances in the first half. They were however a bit toothless going forward and kind of ran out of ideas in the second half.

Paul Cairney was quite good.. Hard working as ever without doing anything spectacular.

Gary Harkins is the laziest looking player I've seen since Lex Grant but still oozes quality when on the ball. Would have expected a better end product from him though.

Jamie Adams was poor and was substituted.

Paddy Boyle was really poor and was at fault for the first goal. Looks unfit.

Conrad Balatoni. As you would expect, a reasonable performance, apart from two or three howling errors that could have, and possibly should have, led to goals. I liked Conrad when he was with us and he went through a few good spells of form, notably towards the end of our first and second seasons back up. However, seeing this reminded me of the heart in mouth moments he used to put us through and I don't miss them.

Kevin Nisbet was the better of the two Ayr United strikers and there were a lot of disgruntled fans when he got taken off ahead of Alan Forrest. A lot of booing and I can understand why. Nisbet is certainly ready for first team football physically. He is pretty good in the air and has a nice touch. I feel it could be a lack of pace that may let him down but we will see. I'm sure Ian McCall would have hoped to get a little bit more out of him during his loan spell.

It was kind of sad watching Higgy. It looks to me that his heart just isn't in it at Dunfermline. He actually played quite well though, especially after his side went two goals up but his body language suggests that he couldn't care less.. Maybe that's just Higgy though!! He was such a great fit for us during his time at Firhill and with the ability he has, he really should be playing at a higher level. Still only 27.

It's really strange watching a game when you're not really bothered about the outcome. We were both wanting the home side to win but never going to lose any sleep over it.

Probably Morton v Raith Rovers next week or even Airdrie against East Fife. Anyone know any East Fife songs?

• Like 1

I went down to Ayr United v Dunfermline yesterday to see 4/5 ex Jags (unsure if we can count Jamie Adams) and one current Jag play for Ayr, while of course Higgy was playing for the Pars. Offered my son the option of three games to go to - Ayr, St Mirren or Morton. He was always going to pick the furthest away option, wasn't he? Ayr could feel a wee bit hard done to, they were definitely the better team before Dunfermline scored the opener and created enough chances in the first half. They were however a bit toothless going forward and kind of ran out of ideas in the second half. Paul Cairney was quite good.. Hard working as ever without doing anything spectacular. Gary Harkins is the laziest looking player I've seen since Lex Grant but still oozes quality when on the ball. Would have expected a better end product from him though. Jamie Adams was poor and was substituted. Paddy Boyle was really poor and was at fault for the first goal. Looks unfit. Conrad Balatoni. As you would expect, a reasonable performance, apart from two or three howling errors that could have, and possibly should have, led to goals. I liked Conrad when he was with us and he went through a few good spells of form, notably towards the end of our first and second seasons back up. However, seeing this reminded me of the heart in mouth moments he used to put us through and I don't miss them. Kevin Nisbet was the better of the two Ayr United strikers and there were a lot of disgruntled fans when he got taken off ahead of Alan Forrest. A lot of booing and I can understand why. Nisbet is certainly ready for first team football physically. He is pretty good in the air and has a nice touch. I feel it could be a lack of pace that may let him down but we will see. I'm sure Ian McCall would have hoped to get a little bit more out of him during his loan spell. It was kind of sad watching Higgy. It looks to me that his heart just isn't in it at Dunfermline. He actually played quite well though, especially after his side went two goals up but his body language suggests that he couldn't care less.. Maybe that's just Higgy though!! He was such a great fit for us during his time at Firhill and with the ability he has, he really should be playing at a higher level. Still only 27. It's really strange watching a game when you're not really bothered about the outcome. We were both wanting the home side to win but never going to lose any sleep over it. Probably Morton v Raith Rovers next week or even Airdrie against East Fife. Anyone know any East Fife songs?

I remember that when we were in the lower leagues, an insult which was often sung to the tune of "Hello, Hello, Give us a Goal" was "Hello, Hello, Worse than East Fife". I cannot recall why they were specifically singled out apart from the name fitting in quite well, as other teams, for example East Stirling, were regularly worse than them.

I suppose that if you join the away fans at the Shyberry, you could sing it towards the Airdrie fans, especially if their team is losing.

"East Fife, East Fife, Love of my life" would fit the same tune. Maybe you could start a trend.

• Like 2

I remember that when we were in the lower leagues, an insult which was often sung to the tune of "Hello, Hello, Give us a Goal" was "Hello, Hello, Worse than East Fife". I cannot recall why they were specifically singled out apart from the name fitting in quite well, as other teams, for example East Stirling, were regularly worse than them.

I suppose that if you join the away fans at the Shyberry, you could sing it towards the Airdrie fans, especially if their team is losing.

"East Fife, East Fife, Love of my life" would fit the same tune. Maybe you could start a trend.

I do remember that East Fife chant but don't think I'll get away with it in 'our' end on Saturday.

Might just go for the tried and tested "Section B w*** w*** w***"

I think the 'worse than East Fife' chant emanated from the Spring Cup when they eliminated the great Jags team the strolled the old first division.

They played very defensively, kicked all that move and ran up the park to score.

Jags fans have a long memory. Several years later we pumped them about 6-0 when Gareth Evans scored a hat trick. Revenge and the birth of 'worse than East Fife'.

Also think they beat us in the latter stages of the League Cup twice in the 50's so not sure if the resentment started then, but this was before my time.

I think the 'worse than East Fife' chant emanated from the Spring Cup when they eliminated the great Jags team the strolled the old first division.

They played very defensively, kicked all that move and ran up the park to score.

Jags fans have a long memory. Several years later we pumped them about 6-0 when Gareth Evans scored a hat trick. Revenge and the birth of 'worse than East Fife'.

Also think they beat us in the latter stages of the League Cup twice in the 50's so not sure if the resentment started then, but this was before my time.

• Like 1

"Worse than East Fife" was a regular chant in the early 70's. They were promoted with us from the old Second Division in Season 1970/71 and we also played them in the League Cup a few times - they actually knocked us out of the League Cup at Firhill in 1972 when we were the holders. They were a very dour & defensive side and with the offside & passback laws back then, it was much easier to strangle a game.

Any other side who came to Firhill, packed their defence and tried to kill the game with repeated passbacks to the keeper - Aberdeen were prime offenders - was greeted with the "Worse than East Fife" chant.

Went to Morton v Raith Rovers on Saturday where there were some more ex-Jags playing. Ross Forbes and Aidan Nesbitt for Morton and Ryan Stevenson for Rovers.

Forbes seems to be the main man down there. No doubting the ability the boy has in his left foot - wonderful skill. As you would expect though, he didn't do a lot of running!! I still can't make up my mind whether he really is lazy or if he just can't run. Or both. He is well liked by the Morton support and played well.

Nesbitt was good but wouldn't say that he looked a level above. Lost the ball a lot but some nice touches and dangerous when in the mood. I still think there is more to come from him.

Stevo looks a wee bit fitter than last time I saw him play, which was for Ayr United last season. He did get substituted in the second half but, in his defence, I don't think he has been playing too much recently. I know that he got taken off injured on his debut last week. He was definitely one of Raith Rovers' better players but, like Nesbitt, didn't stand out from this level.

The one player that did stand out was Morton's Gary Oliver. Easily the best player on the park and fully deserved his man of the match award. I must confess, I have never seen him play and didn't know much about him, but he was fantastic. I know it was only one match but, on this performance, he looks way too good for the championship. However, he was let go by Queen of the South so maybe he lacks the consistency required. One to watch for me though.

It was a relatively easy victory for Morton. Lawrence Shankland scored their second goal but was largely anonymous for the rest of the game, looking way off the pace. Raith Rovers have got some good players but some bang average ones as well. They seem to have an abundance of strikers there with Marc Stewart and Declan McManus only making the bench.

Like the Ayr United v Dunfermline game last week, it was enjoyable going to a match where I couldn't really care less about the outcome. Great to watch a game from an old fashioned terracing again. Standing up, leaning on a crush barrier - just like the good old days..

ETA - Would Gary Oliver have played against us for Hearts the season they went down?

Edited by Jag

ETA - Would Gary Oliver have played against us for Hearts the season they went down?

Just as a late sub when they beat us at Firhill (and I think despite result got relegated the same day).

As posted elsewhere was at Alloa v Peterhead. McMullen making a very successful debut.

It was ******* baltic!

• Like 1

Just as a late sub when they beat us at Firhill (and I think despite result got relegated the same day).

As posted elsewhere was at Alloa v Peterhead. McMullen making a very successful debut.

It was ******* baltic!

Thanks LIB. Had a quick look at the fixtures and saw he had been on the bench against us a couple of times but could not remember him at all.

Morton paid around £25,000 for Oliver this summer.

Ah, so it wasn't a case of him being let go then.

He looked head and shoulders above the rest of the players on the park. It could have just been one exceptional performance but, with the ability he showed, I would doubt it. He could also have felt he had a point to prove to his ex-manager, Gary Locke.

I asked a Hearts supporter in my football team about him and he said Oliver was meant to be the next big thing at Tynecastle but never really got his opportunity under Locke.