Quarter Final Partick Thistle Vs Aberdeen Sunday 5 March

jagfox

Sorry Vinnyjag, but that doesn't wash with me. These are professional footballers were talking about here.

Agreed.

It was a cup quarter final with the chance to play in front of a full house at Hampden ahead of them.

They should have been flying regardless of playing midweek.

Sorry Vinnyjag, but that doesn't wash with me. These are professional footballers were talking about here.

I agree that there should've been little advantage either way. Aberdeen by all accounts went hell for leather against Accies and we're told often enough that playing on an artificial surface is more sapping. So evens stevens as far as I'm concerned. I'd have thought, and Archie clearly did, that continuity in the side was better than bringing in fresh players.

But in essence I have to agree with Vinny when saying "we went with the same team and it showed as the game went on". Imo it did show. I don't believe it should've but it did. Excuse me if I've overlooked any irony but I don't believe you can dismiss the notion that because these are professional footballers that they didn't show increasing signs of lethargy on Sunday. Why they did is of course a different matter.

I wasn't trying to make excuses just stating a fact. I agree they are professional athletes and should be able to deal with 2 games per week, however you can't discount the fact that in any sport particularly contact sports that a) an additional days recovery and B) being able to add fresh competitors must give you an advantage.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think it was a factor. With Thistle, its more hope than expectation. I don't think the team gave us fans any hope. I didn't expect us to go up there and hammer them. All you can hope for is a decent spell or a few chances in the game. By the time we did, Cerny was trying to score an equaliser. It was all too little too late. Its gone now, its not the first and certainly wont be the last time we will play like that but its disappointing all the same. I only hope the next time we ever have to endure that again is when we are safely in the Top 6 :fan:

Anyone any idea what injuries we are carrying and how serious they may be? I know Devine got a bad knock and I heard Elliot got a sore one too. We have options in that Barton can always move back if one of the centre backs is out and Dumbuya could come in for Elliot. Our only problem would be if both Elliot and Booth were injured (though I don't think Booth got a knock. I feel we need a win v Inverness as that would take the pressure right off us while defeat could pull us back. If we beat them then decent but unexceptional results in following games could be enough to keep us in the top 6.