Quarter Final Partick Thistle Vs Aberdeen Sunday 5 March

jagfox

Looks like Archie has given up the ghost. Young Nesbit on for a run out. Mind you he'll probably be more effective than Azeez.

Once Aberdeen got a grip in the game after 15 minutes we seemed to accept it and sit back hitting long balls. Couldn't change our way of playing. Missing a Welsh/Bannigan type player who can keep possession and make passes. Barton played flicks and stuff that would maybe have come off on a good surface but on that pitch were just giving the ball away.

Aberdeen did gradually come on to a good game but we've played that team and got something out of games, even when we got beat we offered more than we did today. Very poor display from us: even though it's just 1-0 with minutes left, they could easily have scored a couple more. Hope the team are angry enough with themselves to put in a much better performance against Inverness.

Picking up injuries too! Draw for semi-final: Celtic V Aberdeen Hubs V The SevGers

Yup, they will want to make sure Sevco get the easiest game. Not that it will be that easy, Hibs could still give them a hard time. Maybe with that in mind they'll draw them against Celtic so they can be sure of an OF cup game.

Reminiscent of early season performances. Nothing going forward and the last minute sitter aside, no threat from set pieces. As soon as Erskine was replaced by Azeez, any lingering hope was gone.

At least the SFA have the 4 semi finalists they wanted.

I feel sorry for the players as well as the fans who travelled, an opportunity missed. Mainly feel sorry for the fans though, as they certainly did their bit.

If Azeez doesn't start to come good by the end of the season, I feel he never will. His contribution was comical at best.

Out with a whimper. Disappointing performance all round. Agree with all of the above posts. We only put them under pressure (if you can call it that) in the last 5 minutes. Aw well, at least we have no more distractions from the bread and butter if that's any consolation. Any more of that p1sh before the split and we can forget about Top 6

Well that was piss poor. Couldn't quite understand the 2nd half tactics. Would rather we had a real go, made Lewis pull off some great saves and got beat 3-0 rather than be happy with 1-0. So disappointing. In saying that Osman should have buried that header at the end. No complaints about the result, the best team won. Only guy that came out with credit was Cerny who was excellent.

How often do we not turn up when we bring a big support or have high expectations, just once I'd love to see us make a major final.

I'm 43 yr old and seen us in 1 Scottish Cup semi final, I wonder if I ever will

We've not made a Scottish Cup final since 1930, or a league cup Final since 1971, I would happily take relegation to see us lift the Scottish Cup.

St Mirren, Killie, Airdrie, St Johnstone, Caley, County,Motherwell, Raith, Ayr, f*****n Gretna have all made or won finals in my time, when's it our turn??

Out with a whimper. Disappointing performance all round. Agree with all of the above posts. We only put them under pressure (if you can call it that) in the last 5 minutes. Aw well, at least we have no more distractions from the bread and butter if that's any consolation. Any more of that p1sh before the split and we can forget about Top 6

Yup, it's vital we play better against Inverness. Being out of the cup like that and getting dragged back would be awful. Hope the injuries picked up are the kind that can be got over quickly. A return to form and establishing us in the top six would make up a bit for the game today.

One thing though - today showed we depend too much on Doolan. Azeez, though useful in some ways, doesn't seem to be the answer. We have a lot of players signed up for next season, including Barton, Devine and Lindsay (though we may lose the latter, we'll get money enough to replace him) and Bannigan will be back to strengthen midfield so we really need to look at getting a goal scoring forward. Other teams round about us in the league can find more than one so why can't we?

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1