Pfa Team Of The Year

King Kenny

Started the season with real concerns over the central defence. Fair play to Archie, the addition of Adam Barton really helped to settle things and then Niall Keown made the whole thing very solid. But Lindsay and Devine really stepped up, no question.

• Like 1

Great achievement for Liam, in many ways his form mirrors the Jags season. Promising at the start but too prone to error and inevitably a lack of points leading to a place at the base of the league. The second half which may also coincide with the maturity of Liam or the introduction of Barton, Keown and Devine settling in saw a significant improvement in our & his performance and a greater points return which clinched a top 6 finish.

I would love that he was with us next term as I would genuinely like to see him develop into a top class defender that we all wish he would become. We have all seen too many great prospects head south to play for MK Dons, Plymouth, Wigan reserves and then disappear I want more for him and ultimately I want a greater return for the Jags.

Again my congratulations to Liam and the development team you are doing us proud in a season that all Jags should be proud of.

• Like 2

A young Scotsman that has never represented his country at any level chosen for his country's team of the year. Just goes to show how well off Scotland must be for central defenders.

Made up for Liam. Just shows how contrary and out of touch wee Gordie is. Time for a fresh Scotland manager.

• Like 1

Attitude of many Scotland managers I'm afraid. Feart to go outside their comfort zone of players they know even if these players are off-form or getting past it.

I'm starting to wonder if we need some kind of rule that the Scotland manager must pick say half a dozen of our most promising youngsters - not necessarily to play but train with the big team, maybe even involved in knock-about game with the big team players to bring them on that wee bit and let manager and coaches have a close look at them. At the moment it seems they are only brought in when there is no other option due to injuries or such and then have to sink or swim. Exception may be young OF players of course.