I am soooo impatient and it gets worse when Archie says something will happen soon -"maybe before the Livingston game!" then " a couple coming in" and then all the talk of McDonald and Storey and all our apprehension after the evidence we have of not a lot up front.

Is everybody feeling like me?

Didn't Archie say last week that we were going to get a striker in by the end of the week.

He sure did..He said Saturday would be too soon though...It's now Tuesday so obviously that ones dead in the water..He also said one potential loan was away on pre season with his club

It was not a comment necessarily about new players rather it was on impatience and frustration and to see how many folk shared that feeling. Even the official site seems to give away information on anything reluctantly. I can remember the old Jagsline where you phoned up for interviews or for information and I was never off it.

I fully realise that Archie lost certain targets earlier in his managerial career because of leaks and, having been burned thus, he is not prone to let any felines out of the poke.

I'm just a frustrated old Jags fan!!

• Like 1

It was not a comment necessarily about new players rather it was on impatience and frustration and to see how many folk shared that feeling. Even the official site seems to give away information on anything reluctantly. I can remember the old Jagsline where you phoned up for interviews or for information and I was never off it.

I fully realise that Archie lost certain targets earlier in his managerial career because of leaks and, having been burned thus, he is not prone to let any felines out of the poke.

I'm just a frustrated old Jags fan!!

jagfaelivi, you don,t have to explain yourself to the smart asses on this forum. Your post was sincere and I share your frustration and impatience with regards to new signings.
  • Like 4

Archie mentioned in his Livvy post match interview, that he could go out and bring in a journeyman CB to get us through the Betfrd Cup but he didn't want to do that, which I can understand. We need players in who can compete in a tough Premier League this season and I would rather wait than rush in and sign a stopgap player who struggles in PL.

I am as frustrated as everyone 're lack of signings, however I think possibly after Aberdeen's 2nd leg tomorrow we may see some movement on Storey, which would help and if we get Keown fit as well then things would look an awful lot more positive.

Like most other Thistle supporters, I was far from happy with Saturday's display: however, I've got to give the manager the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bringing new players to the club. In addition, we've got to be realistic as to our place in the football pecking order when it comes to attracting players. Even more so, than in the past the balls very much in the players court and I totally get Archie when he says in so many words that he,does not want to sign players for the sake of it.

I challenge anyone to come up with a player in our price bracket, that we should have went for and never got? Truth is, some teams like Killie (whom the normal laws of economics, don't seem to apply to) and their fellow travellers in the south of our city seem to adopt that strategy with a singular lack of success. No, I think we've got to retain trust and hope in Archie and his team.

We could always sign a journeyman to last the season rather than for the cup only, just cause they are older doesn't mean they cannot do the job. We have paid for a defender and a midfielder its about high time we pay for a striker. If Doolan gets ****** we are ******!

• Like 1

We could always sign a journeyman to last the season rather than for the cup only, just cause they are older doesn't mean they cannot do the job. We have paid for a defender and a midfielder its about high time we pay for a striker. If Doolan gets ****** we are ******!

Not sure a club with circa 2500 regular attending fans can just pay for an acceptable level of striker. I get the gist of your post and won't argue re priorities. In fact I'm not really disagreeing. I just feel that folk are expecting too much and forgetting our sustainable future has to be based on what can only be described as a relatively low fanbase.

• Like 2