You Could Have Been A Legend But.....

TartanC4

After coming through the thistle youth set up and being a stand out performer and fans favourite the 21-year-old centre-back has agreed to join Barnsley on a three-year contract at Oakwell after making 42 appearances for us last season...on signing him Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom said "He comes off the back of an exceptional season in Scotland and we believe he will kick on here," hasn't started a game yet. Wasn't even listed as a substitution today....I forget my point lol

• 1 month later...

They are going on on sportscene about this young sevco centre back.'Great to see a young Scottish centre back coming through that's what we need' they said.Liam had a great season for us last season.Wonder why they never mentioned Liam last season like that.

Cos Liam Lindsay didn't play for Sevco.

Leaving that aside, I think McCrorie is an article. Did fine yesterday given he was thrown into a situation.

Anything at all to get Berra out of the centre of Scotland's defence.

• Like 1

After coming through the thistle youth set up and being a stand out performer and fans favourite the 21-year-old centre-back has agreed to join Barnsley on a three-year contract at Oakwell after making 42 appearances for us last season...on signing him Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom said "He comes off the back of an exceptional season in Scotland and we believe he will kick on here," hasn't started a game yet. Wasn't even listed as a substitution today....I forget my point lol

Sunday night question time. Not meaning to be smart arse and genuinely would like to know. TartanC4, how come you can spell Heckingbottom (I had to check) correctly but with Liam's surname you only got three out of seven letters correct? Eye'd reelie lyke two no. :)

I'm not so sure guys, I feel the guys playing at the highest level and in form should at least be in the squad, it's not something other countries get nervous about. Take Wales throwing 17 year old Ben Woodburn in during their make or break last round of games rather than more experienced players - scored the winner in the first match and assisted the winner in the second.

By all accounts Lindsay handled Fernando Llorente very well last week, whilst Berra struggled against Miles Storey at the weekend. Mulgrew, decent player that he is, is playing at pretty low level these days.

I do take the point that throwing in Liam could be damaging for him if we have a disaster.

Does Christie have a Scottish Granny so he can play at right back

Fair enough if Liam isn’t good enough for the team - but maybe the squad?

I’m not sure how good 26 year old Leeds captain Liam Cooper is but he does have previous in lower Scotland age groups.

Did you know that Liam Lindsay- in the SPFL team of the season- has had absolutely no international recognition at all. At any age level. Ever.

How is that possible?

Matt Phillips is from Aylesbury- as far away from Scotland as one can be without swimming- and he got a call.

Imagine at your workplace if they had no progression/ succession policy . Jobs are all about training the next generation.

Maybe one Friday you’ll go into work, everyone will have retired, the place is shut and you’ve not got a job!

Can’t understand SFA structures at all