Team For Tonight

Mr Bunny

There doesn't seem to be much interest but I thought I'd start a thread any way.

Team:

Allan McGregor, Alan Hutton, David Weir, Stephen McManus, Lee Wallace, Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, Lee McCulloch, James McFadden, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd.

Like it says on the tin, what do you think?

My own tuppenceworth's is it doesn't look like it's got enough flair to unlock a team who will have 11 men in the penalty box. Including McCulloch suggests he plans to throw big guys up front and thump balls to them.

Better options to me would be to include Dorrans and Adams (instead of Brown and McCulloch) - both are skillful and both are capable of accurate shooting from a distance which might be required. Alternatively of course Morrison on the right wing and McFadden on the left to try and get behind them (dropping McCulloch).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that team.

I do agree that it would be good to have wingers such as Dorrans or Maloney who can provide a little more width in the line up, but I'd go with the above starting line up until half time, then decide whether changes are needed.

Edited by twinny

Allan McGregor, Alan Hutton, David Weir, Stephen McManus, Lee Wallace, Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, Lee McCulloch, James McFadden, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd.

I'm pleased to see McFadden getting a start, but also keen on Dorrans getting a shot if we haven't broken down the Lichtenstein defence by half-time.

Robson could also make an impact as second-half sub ?

I'm pleased to see McFadden getting a start, but also keen on Dorrans getting a shot if we haven't broken down the Lichtenstein defence by half-time.

Robson could also make an impact as second-half sub ?

Would have prefered Dorrans to Brown (after Browns performance on Friday). McCulloch had a good game on Friday but not sure if he is the best option to partner Fletcher in central midfield. Should still get the job done tho, and there are options on the bench.

There doesn't seem to be much interest but I thought I'd start a thread any way.

Team:

Like it says on the tin, what do you think?

My own tuppenceworth's is it doesn't look like it's got enough flair to unlock a team who will have 11 men in the penalty box. Including McCulloch suggests he plans to throw big guys up front and thump balls to them.

Better options to me would be to include Dorrans and Adams (instead of Brown and McCulloch) - both are skillful and both are capable of accurate shooting from a distance which might be required. Alternatively of course Morrison on the right wing and McFadden on the left to try and get behind them (dropping McCulloch).

Good morning, campers ... :drink2:

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

Would have prefered Dorrans to Brown (after Browns performance on Friday). McCulloch had a good game on Friday but not sure if he is the best option to partner Fletcher in central midfield. Should still get the job done tho, and there are options on the bench.

Although received wisdom says it's folly to go 3-4-3 (with them playing only 1 up), McCulloch would fit in front of 2 centre backs allowing the full backs to play the game in the opposition half. No?

Although this 'country' has a poulation size equivalent to that of Murano Street, we'll probably find a way to make it look difficult to score.

Formations are always important to some extent, but in this case it shouldn't matter that much what formation we go with provided it gives us some sort of basic shape.

Although this 'country' has a poulation size equivalent to that of Murano Street, we'll probably find a way to make it look difficult to score.

It should be an easy win and shut-out for Scotland tonight but I wouldn't disrespect Liechtenstein too much. Their footballing infrastructure is certainly something for Scotland to be jealous of. They have a ridiculous amount of very well kept full- and half-sized pitches, both grass and astroturf. Their teams are all integrated into the Swiss football pyramid and whilst Vaduz are fairly evenly matched with Thistle, there are enough examples of one off shocks to not take the national team lightly.

As I say, anything less than a win without conceding would be a dreadful result, but as any Faeroese knows, Scotland aren't exempt from the odd dreadful result.

It should be an easy win and shut-out for Scotland tonight but I wouldn't disrespect Liechtenstein too much. Their footballing infrastructure is certainly something for Scotland to be jealous of. They have a ridiculous amount of very well kept full- and half-sized pitches, both grass and astroturf. Their teams are all integrated into the Swiss football pyramid and whilst Vaduz are fairly evenly matched with Thistle, there are enough examples of one off shocks to not take the national team lightly.

As I say, anything less than a win without conceding would be a dreadful result, but as any Faeroese knows, Scotland aren't exempt from the odd dreadful result.

Alas, all true. :(

Utter baws so far. One of the worst teams in the history of international football and in 45 mins of play not a shot on goal. The manager is clueless, never a national boss.

Oh, and well done the best fans in the world for booing the national anthem, a credit to your country.

This.

Levein is hopelessly out of his depth. Utterly embarassing. Their keeper hasn't had a save to make.

When I said (jokingly) as I left work that I would be putting a new inner tube in my rear wheel and listening to the Scotland match, I expected to have it half done by the break, nip out and get some beers and have to do it half pished at 11.30 tonight. I now have a perfectly fitted and inflated back tyre back on the bike.

:mad2:

:thumbsup2:

:(