We need to get Barton back in as sweeper as soon as possible. Not a fan of the criticism he has had this year. Yes,he gets caught on the ball too often but he is the only player in the team who actually tries to get on the ball and play a decent pass. Maybe try Woods and Fraser together in the centre? (fitness undoubtedly an issue). We look so utterly devoid of confidence in the final third and the next four games are massive so not overly confident.

Edited by David Brent
  • Like 1

Time for Archie to forget about who's injured and who isn't and change the formation to 4 1 4 1.

We're asking too much of the wide men who are not good enough to play a whole side to themselves.

Why do we need so many players in the middle?

We are stifling ourselves by allowing our middle creative players no room and then killing ourselves out wide where the wide player has the whole wing.

Forget Osman and Bannigan being fit, they are just two more defensive, pass the ball 5 yards, hack the opposition, run of the mill, central players.

We have enough of those already.

Clear the middle and make space for Erskine and Spittal and get some support out wide for the players that need it.

Barton could easily sit in front of the two centre backs and pick up any loose balls.

I can't see a single player in this team that fits a 3 5 (2) type formation.

Storey is being given the same treatment as Doolan, Azeez, Pogba and others have had - chasing around looking for scraps because of being spurned by the midfielders. Although he's clearly more of a goalscoring threat in the centre, he's drifting off to the wing where, as often as not, he's surrounded by defenders with no outlet in the box anyway: he might as well be playing on a different park, so far is he disconnected from the rest of the team.

I am concerned over Archie's acceptance of a dreadful performance.

Archie, it was dire. And Thistle were pathetic. He should be acknowledging this and ripping the midfielders to shreds.

For 5 minutes after they scored we tried to score, the dozed off again. The whole mids had Bartonitis. For God sake, get rid of this carthorse.

I am concerned over Archie's acceptance of a dreadful performance.

Archie, it was dire. And Thistle were pathetic. He should be acknowledging this and ripping the midfielders to shreds.

For 5 minutes after they scored we tried to score, the dozed off again. The whole mids had Bartonitis. For God sake, get rid of this carthorse.

According to Archie we were excellent......

This is the thing that worries me. I don't know if Archibald is defending his players by not roasting them in the media, or genuinely has turned into a 24-carat fruitcake and honestly believes the football we are playing is of an acceptable standard.

Steve Clarke absolutely blasted his Kilmarnock team a couple of weeks ago after a merely shoddy first-half performance. I'm not suggesting he does that, but what I am saying is he should at least be intellectually honest.

It’s clear from the bbc analysis of premiership clubs that those that change their managers at this time have a better performance afterwards than they did before......we are not just bottom of the league because osman and Brannigan are injured

That only tells you half the story. What happened to clubs over that period that didn't sack the manager in those circumstances? Other studies (which, unfortunately I don't have links to) have shown that whether or not managers are sacked does not affect the depth or length of the slump a club is in to any significant degree. All it does is get the fans off the Director's backs for a while but a financial cost to the club.

• Like 2