Stranraer v Partick Thistle

partickthedog

Considering 2001 was only about 4 years ago in my head, this lad is developing fast.  A real bright spot so far this season.  

Great result last night, never going to complain about us winning 5-0.  Should be good for the confidence and great to see a few guys getting off the mark for us early.  

11 hours ago, sabbath said:

Ah, now I see the game plan, this is the league Archie is leading us to. Should have been doing this last season.............................Sack the Board

I guess you post this stuff just to get a reaction of some sort. What will it take for you to post something positive and supportive?

• Like 2

Good team performance, some well worked goals and good individual performances. Can't ask for much more. Stranraer weren't up to much but at least they came out from the start to make a game of it. Part of me would've preferred if they'd just sat back as that's the type of opposition we've often struggled against. That way we'd be better able to gauge if we're improving, and by how much.

As it is, tho' there are so many positives from last night, it's kinda hard to put a value on them. But here goes.....

Aidan F. continues to impress. He's possibly some way off playing a full 90 mins against more serious opposition but getting the whole game last night and scoring a couple into the bargain is bound to have brought the lad on.

Penrice showed his versatility last night playing both in defensive midfield and towards the end in the middle of a back three. Add to that he can play wide left midfield and of course left back/left wingback. The lad could well prove to be a most valuable player this season, especially when suspensions and injuries (more!) kick in.

New players, Melbourne & Mbuyi-Mutombo, have a fair turn of pace. Was thinking previously that we need to play Storey continuously, as without him the team would be more than a tad one paced. Field all three and throw Elliott into the mix and we've now got some decent pace.  

Sneddon didn't do a thing wrong last night, despite us having to defend so many corners. He also made a fine save in the 1st half.

There were only two real negatives last night. Firstly playing 50 plus minutes without scoring but we were 3 up at the time. Secondly the driving conditions heading back up the road were lousy.