Ian Mccall

Jaggy1967

Just out of interest, were there not a few on here praising Grehan after the Dundee game ? He's hardly had a kick since then and coming on , with 15 or so mins left into a team struggling for confidence , is hardly ideal.

I praised Grehan after the dundee game, and rightly so. He had a very good game, put himself about and caused the Dundee defence problems. However since then his performances have been poor. I'm not singling him out from the crowd as the rest of the team have been the same. Maybe bar Doolan and to an extent Boyle.

Also strikers need to be supplied with the chances and this is which we are not doing.

I honestly think people should try and ditch the target man label on him.

Edited by northernsoul

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really Grant? up until very recently Liam never put a shift in, hence the calls were for Doolan to replace him, I have sat and watched Liam since coming back from injury and it keeps coming back to what I said way back against Clyde at broafwood years ago, he doesnt hit the target enough times especially recently. This may seem like Im picking on Liam, Im not I'm just wondering wether people cling to the hope he will start banging in the goals again rather than look at the squads alternatives

Liam worked really hard on Saturday at QoS. I agree he is infuriating to watch these days because he either wont shoot or when he does, it is powderpuff. However, he's still a million miles ahead of Grehan who was made to look ordinary by Berwick Rangers.

sorry guys, but we need to get ugly, play an extra man in midfield with Doolan up front on his own, Grehan and Liam at this time are worse than feckin useless. sorry guys just facing facts, hate the thought of it but needs must. :thumbdown:

Agree 100% changing between 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 as well as swapping Hodge with whoever has played poor the previous week and shuffling the pack of has been crocks around in the defence seems to do little either. This is about all we can do now that we haven't done and McCall is too naive to see this. Doolan isn't that great in my opinion, but hes playing the best of a a poor bunch just now so he should be the 1st striker on the team sheet.

Right, so are we all agreed that McCall stays then :innocent2:

Two of the board have coincidentally "jumped ship" (three more to go?) just as the shit starts hittin the fan, so is there more to come before planning permission for the old home-end does/doesn't get the go-ahead from the council?

Make sure you lodge your objection with the council before it's too late. Hyenas are lurking on the canal bank. The vultures are circling over Munn's Vaults.

And does that mean those two "ex" directors are taking money out of the club? Or, by suddenly shnukkin out, does it now make it easier for them to flog their shares to whoever they ******'-well like? Can anyone clarify?

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

• Members

And does that mean those two "ex" directors are taking money out of the club? Or, by suddenly shnukkin out, does it now make it easier for them to flog their shares to whoever they ******'-well like? Can anyone clarify?

I doubt there will be a queue to buy any shares never mind those two lots! Any major shareholding movement has to be ratified by the Club Board I believe.

Two of the board have coincidentally "jumped ship" (three more to go?) just as the shit starts hittin the fan, so is there more to come before planning permission for the old home-end does/doesn't get the go-ahead from the council?

Here's hoping.

Make sure you lodge your objection with the council before it's too late. Hyenas are lurking on the canal bank. The vultures are circling over Munn's Vaults.

There is a few questions like this that do need answered admittedly, despite the relative happiness currently prevailing due to fact that these two diddies are to depart the boardroom for good.

Be good if the Trust (or even the club) can clarify this. Ideally they leave with nothing and hand back any shareholding in their names (or other family members names if there is any, no Mcmaster repeat please).

This makes for pretty grim reading - in fact the first page was uncanny: swap the name "Ian McCall" for "Kenny Black" and it's pretty much word-for-word identical to a thread on the Stomp last year.

Obviously we don't have our troubles to seek either, but it's not nice seeing Thistle like this. All the best

Edited by RedV

There are a few questions that the Trust (or even the club) need to clarify. Ideally they leave with nothing and hand back any shareholding in their names (or other family members names if there is any, no Mcmaster repeat please).

Whit? No offence intended, but maybe that's a bit naive? Sounds like the fans still need to be better informed at this particular stage? Whose representing us? I'm as daft.

Right now, I just can't fit this particular odd-ball jigsaw together.

The team is losing so many games early in the season, directors just happen to be strangely jumping ship and the manager is also under extreme pressure from the fans, including me.

It's all too political, behind the scenes, yet it's only a fitba club. Where's the Co-op now, eh?

Or is it all just a fait accompli because we, the fans, didn't see it all coming as we were too interested turning up, regardless, on a Saturday afternoon, anyway?

Is that why we're always patronisingly subjected by players, manager and club on ptfc.co.uk to stuff like "the fans were great, as usual".

Anyone for tennis?

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

No offence intended, but maybe that's a bit naive? Sounds like the fans still need to be better informed at this particular stage? Or is it all just a fait accompli?

None taken.

Call it glass-half-full syndrome tonight, but I truly hope they will do the decent thing and not retain shares or reap any financial reward from their leaving.

Unlikely I know knowing these two, but if they are "Thistle minded" in any way, they should do this - and if they leave on these terms, it would possibly lessen their reputations of being two of the most hated men to ever inhabit the Firhill boardroom.

Whit? No offence intended, but maybe that's a bit naive? Sounds like the fans still need to be better informed at this particular stage? Whose representing us? I'm as daft.

Right now, I just can't fit this particular odd-ball jigsaw together.

The team is losing so many games early in the season, directors just happen to be strangely jumping ship and the manager is also under extreme pressure from the fans, including me.

It's all too political, behind the scenes, yet it's only a fitba club. Where's the Co-op now, eh?

Or is it all just a fait accompli because we, the fans, didn't see it all coming as we were too interested turning up, regardless, on a Saturday afternoon, anyway?

Is that why we're always patronisingly subjected by players, manager and club on ptfc.co.uk to stuff like "the fans were great, as usual".

Anyone for tennis?

I confess that I don't really understand where this thread is going. It seems that folk want answers about what's going on, but I can't for the life of me understand what the questions are!

If folk have specific questions about what has been going on over the last few days, then I'll try to answer them where I can. Perhaps open another thread, since this seems to have gone way off topic.

As for the timing of the resignations, please see my post on page 3 of the "Cowan + Hughes resignation" thread, which hopefully provides some detail on how we got here. Everyone knows that the club's finances are in poor shape, but I genuinely believe that these resignations were tendered as a positive step to heal the club and allow it to move forward; not prompted by a desire to desert the club on the brink.

• Members

There is absolutely no way they will benefit financially from tendering their resignations and I suspect that is the last thing either of them would want!

Despite not being the most popular guys at Firhill, they are still genuine Partick Thistle supporters and have given lots of time and money to the Club in the past (and probably even this season!). They've left their positions on the Board, let's move on and hopefully get the Club moving forward again. The two ex-Board members still have a big part to play as supporters of our Club.

There is absolutely no way they will benefit financially from tendering their resignations and I suspect that is the last thing either of them would want!

Despite not being the most popular guys at Firhill, they are still genuine Partick Thistle supporters and have given lots of time and money to the Club in the past (and probably even this season!). They've left their positions on the Board, let's move on and hopefully get the Club moving forward again. The two ex-Board members still have a big part to play as supporters of our Club.

Try and argue that point after today when Cowan thought it appropriate to stick two fingers up to the fans.

What do you expect after personal abuse- blowing kisses?

if it's good enough to dish out then it's good enough to get back.

That's not why he done it, there was no 'personal attacks'...at least not before the V sign was made anyway. He missed an opportunity to show some dignity and just keep walking.

We shouldn't waste any more space on Cowan - we know what the man is like and I for one am not at all surprised at him showing even more contempt towards fans.

What does require our attention is getting rid of the other man who is wrecking the club - the man currently occupying the manager's office cos this run of results is nothing short of shocking and is relegation material. I've read people saying he should get till the end of the year and then consider his position - why wait till then? What is going to change? Is he all of a sudden going to find some quality players in the lockers? Can he motiviate his current bunch of "players" to play better? Are the current crop good enough to get us out of this hole?

I do not think so and he should go now. He knows we can't afford to sack him (as an aside by the way, no failed football manager should be rewarded financially for failure).

If he cares about the club as much as he claims, he should resign first thing on Monday morning and allow the club a chance to survive.

What do you expect after personal abuse- blowing kisses?

if it's good enough to dish out then it's good enough to get back.

If you've ever flicked the v, insulted or swore at another Jags fan then you too are not a genuine Partick Thistle fan by your admission.

As people have said he is not worth it. All I have to say is there was no personal attack, a shout of "I hope you're happy Cowan, this is your legacy" does not give rise to his response. He is supposed to be an educated businessman, he should be aware of how to behave in that situation. The man does not have a shred of dignity.

McCall needs to go.

We need at LEAST 30pts to stay safe, we are nearly 1/4 way through the season and we have picked up only 3pts. So going on those sums we will finish with around 12pts which will almost be an all time low record.

Most people say we cant afford to sack McCall, but we cant afford to NOT sack McCall, if we get relegated the club will die! GIVE UP MCCALL!