Ian Mccall

Jaggy1967

We've got a board who are proven to be inept at choosing football managers. If there are folk STILL out there who cannot see past the wood for the trees and think that McCall is the main problem within our club then they are seriously deluded.

The club is teetering on the brink thanks to the ineptitude shown at the top. We are run by the inept and it is spreading through every aspect of the club including the fans. We'd end up with an Ian Maxwell/Jackie Mac hybrid and be back to the GB & DW days.

Please for fuksake get your heads out your arses and realise that the problems are a lot deeper rooted than McCall.

Ok, let's say we keep McCall. How do we get rid of a board of directors and what do we replace them with? Administration?

This PropCo nonsense has to be stopped, too. How do enough people, including Thistle fans, object to the council about the planning application? :drink2:

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that the problems at the club are more deep rooted, but surely it is quite plain that the manager has run out of ideas.

Whilst I am no fan of the BoD, it is not them who decide the formation of the team every week, it is not them who decided to sub Kris Doolan against Stirling (striker in form) and leave on Liam who at this moment couldn't score in a brothel, it is not them who play 5 at the back and STILL lose the game, it is not them who appear unable to change things during a match that will give us a chance of winning, it is not them who seem to think Kinniburgh is a quality defender.

Yes, ultimately it is them who have greatly damaged this great club by their mismanagement but it is the current incumbent of the dugout who appears to be bereft of ideas to get us out of the hole we are in. It all started going downhill in Jan this year and he has done nothing or said nothing to suggest that he has the balls to get things sorted.

^^^this^^^

We need to get shot of McCall - if he has any decency, respect for the club and even a miniscule amount of conscience and morals, he will resign this week and walk away without any compensation.

We also need to get Cowan, Hughes and Prentice (as well as Bannerman and Gilfillan) off the board and out the club, like yesterday, with any of their gifted shares handed back.

We need a new, forward thinking board, who will not attempt to ensure the survival of the club through Propco, but who will back the club and a new manager with investment and creative thinking, and not selling off what remains of the club and its assets to themselves or their cronies.

We need REAL "Thistle-minded" people not opportunistic chancers and self-serving imbeciles who will cling to power, piss off the support and drive this club to oblivion.

Question is, will any, let alone all of the above happen?

Will the Trust (or the support in general) and/or any other directors or other Thistle people who can come into the club, step up to the plate and be able to achieve this or are we already past the point of no return and stuck with the aforementioned bad apples who will dig in and stay until there is no more Firhill to go to or Partick Thistle to follow?

So, here's the scenario...

McCall does 'The Right Thing' as many seem to be putting it and walks. What happens then?

We've got a board who are proven to be inept at choosing football managers, we've not got a pot to piss in and we've got s squad of players signed up who we would need to pay off to get shot of and can't anyway because there's such a thing as a transfer window.

Where do we go from there? I'd genuinely like some answers from the ones who think McCall's time is up as to how this works if he does jack it in today?

If there are folk STILL out there who cannot see past the wood for the trees and think that McCall is the main problem within our club then they are seriously deluded. The club is teetering on the brink thank to the ineptitude shown at the top. Look at any club who has suffered financial or behind-the-scenes problems in recent years and you will see a decline on the park to match the off-field troubles. We are where we are due to the poor way in which our club is run as a business. The manager has a budget of hee-haw to play with, we have large debts despite being told we'd never be in that position again and even after this PropCo pish and being told it'd clear the debts it appears it's done nothing of the sort. We are run by the inept and it is spreading through every aspect of the club including the fans.

If McCall walks today we will be in a much poorer position with a new manager and the same bunch of players with no chance of him being able to change them. That almost guarantees relegation as far as I'm concerned. We also have to think about the calibre of manager we could attract with the pittance we'd pay. You can forget your Gus McPherson's who isn't daft enough to take on this poisoned chalice. We'd end up with an Ian Maxwell/Jackie Mac hybrid and be back to the GB & DW days.

Please for fuksake get your heads out your arses and realise that the problems are a lot deeper rooted than McCall.

I agree that our board has not helped matters,but imo McCall has to take his share of the blame.I have not been impressed with our signings in the past year or so.Our tactics and substitutions are also very poor,when was the last time our subs had a positive effect on a game for us?When we go behind we seem incapable of coming back and in our last 3 games we have went ahead only to end up losing.Imo something has to change soon as if our results keep going the way they are we will become detached from the rest of the league.The problems arent just caused by McCall,but i now feel that he is one of the problems and i do not feel that my head us up my arse because i think this.

We all know that the problems at the club are more deep rooted, but surely it is quite plain that the manager has run out of ideas.

Whilst I am no fan of the BoD, it is not them who decide the formation of the team every week, it is not them who decided to sub Kris Doolan against Stirling (striker in form) and leave on Liam who at this moment couldn't score in a brothel, it is not them who play 5 at the back and STILL lose the game, it is not them who appear unable to change things during a match that will give us a chance of winning, it is not them who seem to think Kinniburgh is a quality defender.

Yes, ultimately it is them who have greatly damaged this great club by their mismanagement but it is the current incumbent of the dugout who appears to be bereft of ideas to get us out of the hole we are in. It all started going downhill in Jan this year and he has done nothing or said nothing to suggest that he has the balls to get things sorted.

Exactly.

The board are diddies off the park. McCall is the diddy responsible for the shite on the park.

There is a link between the two but at the same time you can do alright in this league with sod all budget and a decent manager.

It's far easier to change the manager than the board. We need some kind of change.

Exactly.

The board are diddies off the park. McCall is the diddy responsible for the shite on the park.

There is a link between the two but at the same time you can do alright in this league with sod all budget and a decent manager.

It's far easier to change the manager than the board. We need some kind of change.

Another clueless display by Mr McCall yesterday - From where i was sitting I could see Hodge & Buchanan were f**cked after 60 minutes why did he not make changes?

I noticed after the 2nd queens goal hit the back of the net he called all 3 subs round in a hurry then sent them all back out to warm up again.

Get Liam to F**K for a few weeks and try Doooolan and Grehan up front together.

Do you honestly believe there's mileage in that? If your answer is nothing ventured nothing gained then I agree but I can't for the life of me see anything in that particular combo to enthuse about.

Personally it's what I've been calling for since the start of the season! I reckon with Doolan's superior movement compared to Liam, either in behind or into channels, plus with the Greek being able (apparently) to hold it up to allow the midfield to get forward - in theory - or flick it on to Doolan.

I see no harm in it. We need to do something. Liam is clearly off the boil and Doolan is on form. Big Grehan should be doing better but maybe all he needs is match time? If so, start him next week.

AND PLEASE LEAVE KINNIBURGH IN THE DRESSING ROOM - THAT WAY WE MAY HAVE A CHANCE OF A CLEAN SHEET (anyone remember them?)

sorry guys, but we need to get ugly, play an extra man in midfield with Doolan up front on his own, Grehan and Liam at this time are worse than feckin useless. sorry guys just facing facts, hate the thought of it but needs must. :thumbdown:

..................Halliwell

Paton.....Robertson.....Balatoni.....Boyle

...................McNamara

Flannigan.....Rowson.....Cairney.....Hodge(either that or Erskine)

....................Doolan

I still see us conceding, we need 12 players so we can have 5 at the back & in midfield!

sorry guys, but we need to get ugly, play an extra man in midfield with Doolan up front on his own, Grehan and Liam at this time are worse than feckin useless. sorry guys just facing facts, hate the thought of it but needs must. :thumbdown:

100% disagree - Doolan would be murder up front on his own, he can hold the ball up & never wins anything in the air. Doolan is better in and around the box, feeding off the scraps.

If we go to the one up front system I would either go for Grehan (on his previos start at Firhill / and the reserve games I have watch) or Sid - I know he has no pace but he is decent at holding the ball up and doesnt panic.

Grant I agree he hasn't been that great but cmon, the lads not been given a proper chance has he? He starts a few games then hes the first one taken off to play Sid, if he gets a run as this is still his FIRST season at the club I think he may turn out to be not as bad as everyone thinks

Grehan? He's arse. Ray Charles could see that. Stevie Wonder would give you a second opinion.

Grant I agree he hasn't been that great but cmon, the lads not been given a proper chance has he? He starts a few games then hes the first one taken off to play Sid, if he gets a run as this is still his FIRST season at the club I think he may turn out to be not as bad as everyone thinks

He has no pace, his first touch is poor and he's not that good in the air. Apart from that, you might have a point...

How many games has he played? Serious question, compare that to how many games Harkins got when he first signed and looked like an overweight lazy waster. Give Grehan games and then judge him, seriously cant be any worse than Liams been recently

I hope you are right.

However, Grehan joined in January and has had a full pre season to get himself into shape. Liam, for all that he looks a shadow of the player who first signed, still puts in a shift for the team and was unlucky with the pen decision on Saturday. I'd still have him in over Grehan.

Really Grant? up until very recently Liam never put a shift in, hence the calls were for Doolan to replace him, I have sat and watched Liam since coming back from injury and it keeps coming back to what I said way back against Clyde at broafwood years ago, he doesnt hit the target enough times especially recently. This may seem like Im picking on Liam, Im not I'm just wondering wether people cling to the hope he will start banging in the goals again rather than look at the squads alternatives

I hope you are right.

However, Grehan joined in January and has had a full pre season to get himself into shape. Liam, for all that he looks a shadow of the player who first signed, still puts in a shift for the team and was unlucky with the pen decision on Saturday. I'd still have him in over Grehan.

Just out of interest, were there not a few on here praising Grehan after the Dundee game ? He's hardly had a kick since then and coming on , with 15 or so mins left into a team struggling for confidence , is hardly ideal.

Seems to me some just turn on certain ones call them everything under the sun, if they don't set the heather on fire with their first game. The lad still needs time.

Nani and Berbatov at Man U took 2 to 3 seasons to start showing what they were capable of. Some guys need time to adjust. Huge step up for the likes of Dools, Grehan and Erskine. They need far more time then some of you are giving them .

100% disagree - Doolan would be murder up front on his own, he can hold the ball up & never wins anything in the air. Doolan is better in and around the box, feeding off the scraps.

If we go to the one up front system I would either go for Grehan (on his previos start at Firhill / and the reserve games I have watch) or Sid - I know he has no pace but he is decent at holding the ball up and doesnt panic.

Grehan? your having a laugh. :lol: agreed not had a decent run, however, gash from i have witnessed so far.

Sid? fair shout.

still think Doolan and his work rate would be best option.

Edited by Gordie