Ian Mccall

Jaggy1967

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't bleed our club to death by hanging on to a job which you clearly are failing !

We can't afford to pay you off despite your obvious ineptitude at what you are employed to do.

If you have any self respect left please go now! Tonight without delay !

Why would he quit? Self respect doesn't pay the bills.

Would you quit your job if you were hopeless at it and your bosses were still happy to pay you?

If he's going to go, he'll need to be sacked.

Edited by JobbyMahoney

Why would he quit? Self respect doesn't pay the bills.

Would you quit your job if you were hopeless at it and your bosses were still happy to pay you?

If he's going to go, he'll need to be sacked.

This is where football falls on it's arse !

If I could not do my appointed task in my job. I would not have a job. I wouldn't have been kept on for a week let alone since xmas last year !

I would love to sign a contract for 2/3 whatever years, in which if I fail to do my basic task! To be able to hang my stupid employer out to dry if he want's to be rid of me !

Totally unbelievable in the normal working world that can you get away with this shit.

As I said in my original post...please don't bleed us dry.. cos we can't afford to pay him off.

HAVE SOME RESPECT McCALL AND DO THE RIGHT THING NOW !!!

If I could not do my appointed task in my job. I would not have a job. I wouldn't have been kept on for a week let alone since xmas last year !

I would love to sign a contract for 2/3 whatever years, in which if I fail to do my basic task! To be able to hang my stupid employer out to dry if he want's to be rid of me !

Totally unbelievable in the normal working world that can you get away with this shit.

As I said in my original post...please don't bleed us dry.. cos we can't afford to pay him off.

Agree with you 100%,but he won't resign ,Cowan and co had the chance to get rid when Dundee unbelievably wanted him but were ridiculous in their compensation claims.McCall trousered 300 grand from Dundee United when they sacked him ,he will wait on the same scenario to happen again from us but obviously on a lesser scale.

EXACTLY! Was going to post something similar. If people at my work dont perform they get sacked. It's happened to many over the years.

Ian McCall is'nt performing...so why cant he be sacked??

What difference does it make wether he's a fitbaw manager or not??

Agree with you 100%,but he won't resign ,Cowan and co had the chance to get rid when Dundee unbelievably wanted him but were ridiculous in their compensation claims.McCall trousered 300 grand from Dundee United when they sacked him ,he will wait on the same scenario to happen again from us but obviously on a lesser scale.

Hard to believe he would be happy to have us on his cv is it ?

Worked at a cash strapped club, I promised so much ... they fell for it... then i hung the daft inept board out to dry lolololol

I think they went into administration after that ??

Anyway, yes I am a company man I won't let you down !!

McCall GTF and take the board with you !!!!

Edited by Jaggy1967

The blame lies FIRMLY at the feet of our directors (yet again) for holding onto the goods when they were past their date of consumption.

Our chairman actually claimed we had "the best manager in the league". Chortle.

Edited by MWM

Today was a massive improvement, in terms of performance & commitment. Yes, the result didn't go the way we wanted it to, but that happens sometimes. We're going to have to start winning soon, but if the players show the same desire & commitment as they did today, then we'll win more games than we'll lose. Queens aren't any better than us & were very fortunate to get anything out the game. Not saying we dominated the game with chance after chance, but we were comfortable & in control.

Today was a massive improvement, in terms of performance & commitment. Yes, the result didn't go the way we wanted it to, but that happens sometimes. We're going to have to start winning soon, but if the players show the same desire & commitment as they did today, then we'll win more games than we'll lose. Queens aren't any better than us & were very fortunate to get anything out the game. Not saying we dominated the game with chance after chance, but we were comfortable & in control.

Quote Ian McCall whole of 2010.

I mean in regards to the performance on the pitch. Today we didn't deserve to drop any points, nevermind all 3.

Agree wil 1JL - for those who made the trip to Palmerston today, I think they would agree we were unfortunate to lose - two superb strikes from Johnston and Quinn, the only difference in the end. The players worked their backsides off today and will start getting their results if they keep plugging away. Defended better today as well.

Fans were brilliant today, even despite the local Stasi. I was sitting down the front and the highlight for me was the old boy (70+) sitting in front of me. He was getting fed up with the Police trying to make the lads up the back sit down, so he got out of his seat and absolutely tore strips off the head steward, hilarious - top man.

Please get behind the team next week everyone - they fought hard today and we will turn this round!

Agree wil 1JL - for those who made the trip to Palmerston today, I think they would agree we were unfortunate to lose - two superb strikes from Johnston and Quinn, the only difference in the end. The players worked their backsides off today and will start getting their results if they keep plugging away. Defended better today as well.

Please get behind the team next week everyone - they fought hard today and we will turn this round!

I agree we should get behind the team.But i would not hold mybreathe waiting on us getting any good result soon.So far this year(2010)we have played 25 league games,we have won7,drawn1 and lost17.Imo not only does the team have a losing mentality but the manager has as well.

Edited by Auld Jag

First game I've missed was today and I'll go on above and Tom's report. We all disagree with each other as is plain natural but I usually tend to disagree a lot less with both 1JL and Mr Hosie's verdicts.

In any case I suppose a 2-1 defeat away to Queens is an improvement on a 2-1 defeat at home to Stirling. Now where's that straw I was hingin' on to? :unsure:

But bottom line is we still lost. We cannot hold on to a lead, it appears we cannot score more than one goal on league business and it is clear that the manager cannot turn things round.

As another poster mentioned, the 2010 record is appalling and a sad indictment of a failed manager who has run out of ideas. Whilst there are some talented players, he seems not to be able to get the best out of them. He clearly sees Kinniburgh as a class defender when the rest of us can see he's a liability.

I have to agree with the original poster - have some decency Mr McCall and let the club have a chance of turning things around. You have run out of time at Firhill, you have run out of ideas and you have squandered what little resource you had.

If it goes much longer, it's relegation/administration for sure.

So, here's the scenario...

McCall does 'The Right Thing' as many seem to be putting it and walks. What happens then?

We've got a board who are proven to be inept at choosing football managers, we've not got a pot to piss in and we've got s squad of players signed up who we would need to pay off to get shot of and can't anyway because there's such a thing as a transfer window.

Where do we go from there? I'd genuinely like some answers from the ones who think McCall's time is up as to how this works if he does jack it in today?

If there are folk STILL out there who cannot see past the wood for the trees and think that McCall is the main problem within our club then they are seriously deluded. The club is teetering on the brink thank to the ineptitude shown at the top. Look at any club who has suffered financial or behind-the-scenes problems in recent years and you will see a decline on the park to match the off-field troubles. We are where we are due to the poor way in which our club is run as a business. The manager has a budget of hee-haw to play with, we have large debts despite being told we'd never be in that position again and even after this PropCo pish and being told it'd clear the debts it appears it's done nothing of the sort. We are run by the inept and it is spreading through every aspect of the club including the fans.

If McCall walks today we will be in a much poorer position with a new manager and the same bunch of players with no chance of him being able to change them. That almost guarantees relegation as far as I'm concerned. We also have to think about the calibre of manager we could attract with the pittance we'd pay. You can forget your Gus McPherson's who isn't daft enough to take on this poisoned chalice. We'd end up with an Ian Maxwell/Jackie Mac hybrid and be back to the GB & DW days.

Please for fuksake get your heads out your arses and realise that the problems are a lot deeper rooted than McCall.

Edited by Vom Itorium

When Ian McCall first came to Thistle I wasnt really overly impressed by his CV, but was willing to give the man time. After a few months of the same rubbish as we had been used to I voiced my opinion and many took offence to this.

However, I cant lay all the blame at his feet. The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves, as do the board.

PTFC is in decline and it seems the board are burying their heads in the sand and hoping that something will happen (eg drawing the OF away in the cup) that will ease the money worries. The most annoying thing for me is the lack of communication going on at the club just now, and I wouldnt be surprised if it was between everyone at the club and not just between the board and the fans.

The players need a leader on the park and I havent seen a single player take the team by the scruff of the neck and drag them through a game when it is needed. Someone has to stand up and be counted.

Without picking on the lad, Liam needs to start taking stock of his career before it is too late. He has scored only 4 goals in 22 games this year. If he wants to turn up in a flashy car then ok, but the truth of the matter is he plays for a 1st division club and this maybe his level. For ages we have been told that SPL clubs were interested in him, but with his contract due to end in May, I would be surprised if a 1st division team took him on his current form.

Its up to McCall to make guys like Liam realise that there is more at stake than just their careers, which they can continue elsewhere. I cant imagine supporting another team if Thistle go to the wall!!!

If McCall walks today we will be in a much poorer position with a new manager and the same bunch of players with no chance of him being able to change them. That almost guarantees relegation as far as I'm concerned. We also have to think about the calibre of manager we could attract with the pittance we'd pay. You can forget your Gus McPherson's who isn't daft enough to take on this poisoned chalice. We'd end up with an Ian Maxwell/Jackie Mac hybrid and be back to the GB & DW days.

Please for fuksake get your heads out your arses and realise that the problems are a lot deeper rooted than McCall.

.............fair points and we all know there is more wrong with the club than just the manager but as much as the prospect of a DW/GB senario fills me with dread the status quo is also not an option.This isnt a dip in form or a poor start to the season this is almost a season of dross and one of the worst runs in the clubs history,this is a manager who has been sussed out tactically by every other in the division and is devoid of ideas.I reckon if we had have got rid of DC two weeks later than we did we would be in the second division right now, another month of McCall and it's all over.

Edited by angry gaz

We all know that the problems at the club are more deep rooted, but surely it is quite plain that the manager has run out of ideas.

Whilst I am no fan of the BoD, it is not them who decide the formation of the team every week, it is not them who decided to sub Kris Doolan against Stirling (striker in form) and leave on Liam who at this moment couldn't score in a brothel, it is not them who play 5 at the back and STILL lose the game, it is not them who appear unable to change things during a match that will give us a chance of winning, it is not them who seem to think Kinniburgh is a quality defender.

Yes, ultimately it is them who have greatly damaged this great club by their mismanagement but it is the current incumbent of the dugout who appears to be bereft of ideas to get us out of the hole we are in. It all started going downhill in Jan this year and he has done nothing or said nothing to suggest that he has the balls to get things sorted.