Thistle And Boys Brigade

Woodstock Jag

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click Here

As a dyed in the wool Scout, can I just say that I'm absolutely appalled at the Club's involvement with THEM and that I'll be pillorying the newest Director for this disgraceful association. :mad2:

... just kidding Jim :P

Speaking as a "dyed in the wool" Brigader... I think this is one of the few things the club has got right recently!

Must be the change in management!

Can't imagine what I'd have said if they'd done a deal with the Scouts...

:P

Baden Powell man myself, 23rd Glasgow (Scotstounhill)

My only problem with the BB is I lived quite near a church and would too regularly be woken from my drunken slumber by the screech (wrong word, but I'm stuck for the right one to describe that hideous noise) of a BB bugle band. Worse than living next door to either a New Orleans cemetery or the Chinese vuvuzela factory's quality control department.

Really looks like crackin' PR :thumbsup2: Well done, JJ.

I was in the 25th in Springburn, and one of the officers was a chap by the name of John Ross who also happened to be play for Partick Thistle! He was on the verge of the first team in the 1968/1969 and my first visit to Firhill was largely on the basis of seeing him play. So it's all his fault!!

When we moved to Maryhill I joined the 10th (at the Maryhill Road end of Sandbank Street) but didn't stick it out as it wasn't as good.

10 years in the BB from the lifeboys on.

L.I.F.E.B.O.Y., I am a lifeboy and here's the reason why........

Lifeboys are happy boys we ....... you can sing the rest yourselves :lol:

Where was I?

201 Dennistoun then 107 Easterhouse. Happy days indeed.(Yep I had a bugle)

Terrific move to engage with the BB. Well done all concerned.

I was in the 25th in Springburn, and one of the officers was a chap by the name of John Ross who also happened to be play for Partick Thistle! He was on the verge of the first team in the 1968/1969 and my first visit to Firhill was largely on the basis of seeing him play. So it's all his fault!!

When we moved to Maryhill I joined the 10th (at the Maryhill Road end of Sandbank Street) but didn't stick it out as it wasn't as good.

Played for the 197 (church on the slope, just off Wilton St.) against the 10th in a cup final at Cadder in 1968 (?) and scored the only goal of the first half. :)

Second half, we conceded (appropriately enough) TEN goals without reply. :(